Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 06:18 PM
Silver02CooperS
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
COOPERS FOR THE CURE... Please read ;) JUNE 11 rally

COOPERS FOR THE CURE... Please read JUNE 11 rally
Dear fellow MINI enthusiasts,
I am happy to announce the start of "Coopers for the cure". This is my fund raising effort that is directly linked to the Philadelphia Freedom Concert & Ball. What is that you might ask? Well its a little event (1.5 million attendees predicted) that's happening in Philadelphia on July 4th. Below is a write up from www.eltonjohn.com. Plese refer www.phillyfreedom.net for more details on the ball and FREE CONCERT this summer.

"With great pleasure, I am able to inform you of a major event that will be happening in PHILADELPHIA on JULY 4th, 2005 for the benefit of the Elton John AIDS Foundation - PHILADELPHIA FREEDOM CONCERT & BALL. This event will be the world's largest ever HIV/AIDS awareness and education event.

On July 4th, 2005, Independence Day, there will be a free concert on the steps of the Philadelphia Art Museum and along Ben Franklin Parkway. Elton will perform along with Philadelphia native Peter Nero and the Philadelphia Orchestra. There will be a private Gala dinner in the Art Museum following the concert and the traditional Independence Day fireworks. We have reserved 50 tickets for the actual Ball and preferred side-stage seating for the concert exclusively for Rocket Members. Prices for these exclusive seats and entrance tickets for the Ball will be advised at a later date and will be obtainable ONLY through eltonjohn.com.

There will also be a meeting place set up at one or two of the local Philadelphia restaurants for Rocket Members and other Elton fans to meet up prior to the concert and afterwards, as well as a meeting place for during the concert.

The entire month of June will see local activities leading up to the July 4th PHILADELPHIA FREEDOM CONCERT & BALL. These activities include LUNCH AROUND THE WORLD – PHILLY STYLE, Mini-Cooper automobile rally fundraisers, evening boat cruises along the Delaware River, and other events to raise HIV/AIDS awareness as well as money for EJAF."

I am going to host a rally (approx. 50-100 miles) on June 11th which is the same date as Elton John's "Lunch around the world." Everyone's welcome to participate, and donations are appreciated. I personally am going to donate $1 for every mile I clock on the Rally. Its going to be more of a parade style "beep beep" tour through towns waving at people and telling them about the concert on the 4th. This event has been so hush hush that I havn't had a chance to speak to sponsors yet, but hopefully I can get MINI USA on board. MINI was the major sponsor at the Elton John Aids Foundation Life Ball in Vienna this past summer. I'm pushing for a 1 or 2 year lease on a MINI that I can raffle off as well as MISC MINI swag. Who knows where this is going to go. I figured with the estimated 1.5 Million people in the city, MINI would be crazy not to jump on the bandwagon.

I also plan to sell buttons, window clings, and magnetic aids ribbons, and have carwashes for a small donation. On July 4th, I am going to present Elton John with all the money raised by the MINI Community.

More Information to follow....

To donate, please make checks payable to "Elton John Aids Foundation" and send them to:

Coopers for the Cure
2576 Monmouth Road
Jobstown, NJ 08041

Michael Wilson
"Coopers for the Cure"

"Coopers for the cure" is not for profit. I do not make any money from these donations, I just enjoy helping others and having some MINI fun in the process. Thats why I would like the checks made out to the Elton John Aids Foundation. I encourage all the regional clubs to get involved in some way... raise awareness, raise money, have fun!

Attendees as of 2-26-05:
1. Renata (www.newyorkmini.org)
2. Monique Davidson de Muniz (www.phillymini.org)
3. Joe Radest (www.phillymini.org)

Old 02-14-2005, 06:25 PM
OctaneGuy
Vendor & Moderator :: MINI Camera and Video & c3 club forum
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congratulations on a fine effort! If we can help you out here on the West Coast, let us know!

Richard Lin
c3 President/Founder (Cooper Club for Charities)

Old 02-14-2005, 06:31 PM
Silver02CooperS
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by OctaneGuy
Congratulations on a fine effort! If we can help you out here on the West Coast, let us know!

Richard Lin
c3 President/Founder (Cooper Club for Charities)
If you folks would like to host your own rally, or car wash, or bake sale or whatever feel free to... just make sure you take LOTS of Pictures because I'm going to make a book for Elton. Also, pm me, i'll get your e-mail address, and send you the event waivers.

Also, If you collect money, make sure the checks are made out to the Elton John Aids foundation and send them to the address listed in my first post.

I'll keep you folks here on NAM updated every week with the donations as they roll in as we count down to the Super, Ultra, Giant MINI EVENT --->July 4th in Philadelphia with Elton.

Old 05-24-2005, 07:25 PM
Monique deMuniz
Neutral
Coopers for the Cure

Mikey!
What's up? Haven't heard anything about the Cooers for the Cure rally! It's getting close!