MTTS 2008 - MIAMI (June 13th-15th)

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 09:21 AM
Kentiki
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FYI to all coming to Miami, if you are travelling south on US 1, it's worth stopping at Fox's lounge for food and drinks. It's VERY old school. Superior alternative to fast food, etc. Great food and excellent martinis, plus it's super dark inside.

Fox's
6030 S Dixie Hwy
South Miami, FL 33143
[IMG]chrome://skype_ff_toolbar_win/content/cb_transparent_l.gif[/IMG][IMG]chrome://skype_ff_toolbar_win/content/famfamfam/us.gif[/IMG][IMG]chrome://skype_ff_toolbar_win/content/space.gif[/IMG][IMG]chrome://skype_ff_toolbar_win/content/space.gif[/IMG][IMG]chrome://skype_ff_toolbar_win/content/arrow.gif[/IMG][IMG]chrome://skype_ff_toolbar_win/content/space.gif[/IMG][IMG]chrome://skype_ff_toolbar_win/content/space.gif[/IMG][IMG]chrome://skype_ff_toolbar_win/content/space.gif[/IMG][IMG]chrome://skype_ff_toolbar_win/content/space.gif[/IMG][IMG]chrome://skype_ff_toolbar_win/content/space.gif[/IMG][IMG]chrome://skype_ff_toolbar_win/content/space.gif[/IMG][IMG]chrome://skype_ff_toolbar_win/content/space.gif[/IMG](305) 661-9201[IMG]chrome://skype_ff_toolbar_win/content/cb_transparent_r.gif[/IMG]

Old 05-19-2008, 02:40 PM
minimic
3rd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i will be coming from memphis, probably leaving wed. staying somewhere tha night in GA and doing the rest of the drive thurs. anyone coming through memphis, or near???

Old 05-20-2008, 03:55 AM
sBox
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Kentiki
FYI to all coming to Miami, if you are travelling south on US 1, it's worth stopping at Fox's lounge for food and drinks. It's VERY old school. Superior alternative to fast food, etc. Great food and excellent martinis, plus it's super dark inside.

LOL I've never thought of Fox's having great food, but the bar is good and the 60s decor is a trip. Did he mention it was dark inside?

Old 05-21-2008, 11:03 AM
Suji
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by cabriopilot
I would recommend Florida City as a good place to get a hotel while your in the Miami/Homestead area, the motels
are fairly inexpensive there and your only 20 minutes from Key Largo and 10 Minutes from the Homestead racetrack.
Let me not forget to mention that there is an excellent place to eat and get refreshments called Gusto's which is right across the street from the Travel Lodge.

As for Key West I have a secret place that I love to stay at everytime I'm down there, but you have to promise not to tell anyone else about it...

It is called the Southern Most Point Guest House and it is less than a couple of hundred feet from one of Key Wests famous landmarks.

Thanks for the suggestions, I think I am going to stay at the Travelodge in Florida City. It should be fun...I am having second thoughts about the Keys

Old 05-21-2008, 11:24 AM
Shellbell
5th Gear
Check with your local MINI dealers for MTTS posters!
I like last years better, but these are ok!

Old 05-21-2008, 12:13 PM
cabriopilot
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Suji
Thanks for the suggestions, I think I am going to stay at the Travelodge in Florida City. It should be fun...I am having second thoughts about the Keys
We are staying at the Travelodge also along with a very large contingency of SSM'ers.
So maybe we can all make a run down to Key Largo (20 minutes from Travelodge) for dinner or something just so that we can all say we went.

Old 05-21-2008, 07:29 PM
J3kidford
2nd Gear
A lot of us SSMers are planning to run to the keys for dinner one night and several are talking about staying over to go down there for a day or two. Everyone's always welcome to join us!

Old 05-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Suji
3rd Gear
I don't have to be back in Dallas until Jun 18th so I might be able to stay and run down with you.
Can't wait!

Old 05-22-2008, 12:51 PM
cabriopilot
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Shellbell
Check with your local MINI dealers for MTTS posters!
I like last years better, but these are ok!
I did and they didn't have an extra posters.
Maybe they will have some down in Miami.

Old 05-27-2008, 09:40 AM
IRockTallSocks
Neutral
Does anyone still need a room in Miami? We have some reservations that we're not going to use at the Hotel Catalina on south beach for friday, saturday and sunday night. If anyone is interested feel free to send me an email for the info. Motor on!!

Old 05-28-2008, 11:59 AM
minimic
3rd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
well, turns out i cannot make miami. have fun without me.

Old 06-02-2008, 08:50 PM
Suji
3rd Gear
has anybody received their Mini packages for the event? I moved last weekend and I am afraid I won't get mine :(

Old 06-03-2008, 12:35 AM
cabriopilot
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Suji
has anybody received their Mini packages for the event? I moved last weekend and I am afraid I won't get mine :(
The packages are not being mailed out, they are being given out upon arrival when you present your barcoded receipt in Miami.
Or at least that's what they said they were going to do on the Whiteroofradio.com interview.

I think it had something to do with people not showing up for the event last time after they had sent them packages, or something like that.

Old 06-09-2008, 11:13 AM
pilotart
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Very First MINI event for us :)

Driving three hours from Cape Coral and may begin with a Beach Dive at Pennekamp Park in Key Largo;
appreciate that tip about Card Sound Road!

Already booked a Friday (13th) night room at Hampton Inn Coconut Grove (before seeing this thread).
About the closest to Bicentennial that didn't require $29 valet parking

Any idea what the Movie will be?
__________________________________________________ ____________

Why is this page so wide? (over 8K pixels!)

Old 06-09-2008, 11:49 AM
Suji
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by cabriopilot
The packages are not being mailed out, they are being given out upon arrival when you present your barcoded receipt in Miami.
Or at least that's what they said they were going to do on the Whiteroofradio.com interview.

I think it had something to do with people not showing up for the event last time after they had sent them packages, or something like that.
Great I can't wait to see it all!

Old 06-09-2008, 12:12 PM
cabriopilot
6th Gear
Originally Posted by pilotart
Already booked a Friday (13th) night room at Hampton Inn Coconut Grove (before seeing this thread).
About the closest to Bicentennial that didn't require $29 valet parking
You do know that most of us are staying at the Travelodge in Florida City don't you?
I believe they may still have a room available since I just cancelled a duplicate reservation that I had made in error.

Last edited by cabriopilot; 06-09-2008 at 12:22 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:22 PM
cabriopilot
6th Gear
If anyone is interested we are looking at getting a group together to drive down to Key West on Sunday morning to get some
pictures by the Southern Most Buoy and a quick lunch at the Half Shell Raw Bar.

Then we will be driving back to Miami in time to drive up to Boston (or at least part of the way up) with the MTTS caravan.

More info available at Sunshine MINI's

Old 06-09-2008, 01:23 PM
pilotart
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Had my room before seeing this thread, but just checked and below is from Travelodge.com
There are currently no rooms available at this property for the dates and other criteria you selected.
Please change your dates and criteria and try again, or select a different property.
My Only criteria had been Friday 6/13.

cabriopilot; Thank you for that info., but they likely had a 'standby request' that took the room you just canceled

Perhaps we can stop by Travelodge after Pennekamp excursion and see some MINIs.

Last edited by pilotart; 06-09-2008 at 02:00 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:17 AM
spyderman33
2nd Gear
I am a new owner of a Chili Red S Coupe... I was fortunate to find out that this is occurring this weekend in my neck of the woods since I am in Miami. I'll be there!

Old 06-10-2008, 05:46 AM
AstroBlackS
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I will be leaving for Miami tonight! So excited! Will be my first, uber long road trip!

Old 06-10-2008, 07:58 PM
kelsey ellen
I'll be there!
Leaving tomorrow to head to Tampa to see the Cure.. then leaving from there on Friday with some SSM'ers to head to Miami! So excited!

Old 06-10-2008, 08:39 PM
second to none
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
damn astro!
I'm leaving tomorrow AM EST, hopefully I will be in town during the wee hours of Thursday morning, as mapquest says 20 hours, and I have done the trip before in 16. We shall see what kind of time I can get, and what kind of MPG is possible. Safe trip everyone

Old 06-11-2008, 02:23 AM
cabriopilot
6th Gear
We are washing, waxing, vacuuming, packing and hopefully underway during the early am hours of Thursday.
First stop is Columbia, South Carolina to meet up with some other MINI's then off to Jacksonville to overnight
then pickup with the SSM group for a very cool road trip down to Miami.

Old 06-11-2008, 04:51 AM
spyderman33
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by kelsey ellen
I'll be there!
Leaving tomorrow to head to Tampa to see the Cure.. then leaving from there on Friday with some SSM'ers to head to Miami! So excited!
Ha... I'm seeing the Cure in FT Lauderdale on Friday night.... I'll be at MTTS on Sat...

See you guys there...

Old 06-11-2008, 05:47 AM
cabriopilot
6th Gear
For everyones entertainment here is a view of the Homestead Motor Speedwway from a MINI Cooper.

Quick Reply: MTTS 2008 - MIAMI (June 13th-15th)