MTTS 2008 - MIAMI (June 13th-15th)

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 02:41 PM
cabriopilot
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MTTS 2008 - MIAMI (June 13th-15th)

I'm going to Miami... Buenvenidos a Miami... I can already hear the Will Smith song inviting me to Miami.

Ok the questions here are:
  • Who else is going?
  • Who else is driving down from out of state or upstate?
  • Who wants to drive down to Islamorada for some Rum Runners?
  • Who wants to get this party started?
  • Who's bringing the Cuban coffee to keep us up all day and night?

Old 04-16-2008, 10:45 AM
J3kidford
2nd Gear
We've got a group driving down from Jacksonville Friday AM. Check out Sunshine MINIs website to see keep up on when we're leaving and from where if you want to join us. The more the merrier.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:17 PM
cabriopilot
6th Gear
Originally Posted by J3kidford
We've got a group driving down from Jacksonville Friday AM.
Check out Sunshine MINIs website to see keep up on when we're leaving and from where if you want to join us.
The more the merrier.
Thanks Janet .
Just added our names to the list.
Hopefully there will be others coming from the Greenville area that will add to the group.

Old 04-19-2008, 08:04 AM
J3kidford
2nd Gear
Great. See you then!

Old 04-22-2008, 03:20 PM
FastLaneTuning
4th Gear
members of M2C2 coming down to Miami for MTTS?!?! that's awesome, that was my first MINI club while going to school at Clemson, we'll be glad to have you!

Old 04-24-2008, 09:05 AM
Suji
3rd Gear
I am still trying to find a co-pilot but even if I don't I will take the drive from Dallas. Can't wait!

Hopefully I'll have a chance to drive down to the Keys...

Old 04-24-2008, 09:19 AM
cabriopilot
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Suji
Hopefully I'll have a chance to drive down to the Keys...
Hey if you drive all the way from Dallas you might as well drive a few hours more to get to the Keys..

Old 04-24-2008, 09:21 AM
cabriopilot
6th Gear
Originally Posted by FastLaneTuning
members of M2C2 coming down to Miami for MTTS?!?! that's awesome, that was my first MINI club while going to school at Clemson, we'll be glad to have you!
What a coincidence I went to school near your house in Winter Park at Rollins College.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:59 AM
FastLaneTuning
4th Gear
Originally Posted by cabriopilot
What a coincidence I went to school near your house in Winter Park at Rollins College.
WOW that is crazy! we'll have plenty to talk about, what hotel are you staying at? the Sunshine MINIs are mainly staying at the Travelodge, info is below:

Travelodge Florida City
409 Southeast First Ave
Florida City, FL 33034 US
Phone: 305-248-9777
Rates: Usually ~$60 AAA Rate

i got it for $62.99 for Friday and Saturday night, i live close enough (around 3 hour drive) to just head home Sunday afternoon / evening so it won't be that big of a deal and not have to stay another night.... out-of-staters are more than welcome to party with us Saturday night as i believe we're going to partake in all the events then head back to the hotel for some fun!

Old 04-25-2008, 11:11 AM
cabriopilot
6th Gear
I will be staying at the Travelodge Friday through Sunday in Florida City, so come visit with everyone.
We will definitely have to find you while we are down there, sounds like its going to be a great time.

Last edited by cabriopilot; 06-03-2008 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Changed location
Old 04-26-2008, 01:42 PM
firechris7
1st Gear
if you people need ny help while in miami i'll be glad to help i live maybe about 10 miles from the homestead race course if you need any info just PM me and i'll be glad to help just came from track day at homesead and it looks like it is going to be a reat event for the MINIS they where holding there own today.... dont hesitate if you need help

Old 05-02-2008, 07:22 PM
blacknblue
Photographer / Beer Dude
According to my MTTS feed, at 3:36pm this afternoon, they updated events for Miami. http://blog.minitakesthestates.com/2...of-events.html
Perhaps they'll be updating info for other venues soon!

More massages? I never got one last time!
Movie night? I hope they get the projectors to work!

Last edited by blacknblue; 05-02-2008 at 07:27 PM. Reason: link
Old 05-06-2008, 03:01 PM
ClubmanS
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll be there. I only live 3 miles away from all the MTTS action, so if anyone has any questions about Miami or the Miami MINI scene in particular, feel free to ask!

Old 05-12-2008, 07:56 AM
snooter
Mr. MOTD
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey Dave, that is great that your are coming, are you bring you co-pilot? Look forward to seeing ya!!

Old 05-12-2008, 08:39 AM
cabriopilot
6th Gear
Originally Posted by snooter
Hey Dave, that is great that your are coming, are you bring you co-pilot? Look forward to seeing ya!!
Are you kidding?! I wouldn't miss the chance to come down and visit the Sunshine MINI group in Florida..
My co-pilot should also be there.. We're hoping to get a little group together to drive down to Key West.

Old 05-12-2008, 01:29 PM
Suji
3rd Gear
I need help

My co-pilot just cancelled on me so I am going to do this by myself scary? Yes a little but I've done it before, well this will be the first time I drive more than 22 hours on my own but I think I can do it.

I just need advise on where to stay, should I stay in the Miami area or get a hotel near Homestead, is only 38 min from Miami according to Google Maps.

I am driving to Key West on Sunday so any suggestions on where to stay will be greatly appreciated!

My budget for hotel is $100.00 per night since gas is going up

Thanks!

Old 05-12-2008, 01:57 PM
firechris7
1st Gear
My co-pilot just cancelled on me so I am going to do this by myself scary? Yes a little but I've done it before, well this will be the first time I drive more than 22 hours on my own but I think I can do it.

I just need advise on where to stay, should I stay in the Miami area or get a hotel near Homestead, is only 38 min from Miami according to Google Maps.

I am driving to Key West on Sunday so any suggestions on where to stay will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

it depends on what you want to do if you like to go out (south beach ) stay closer to downtown if you dont want to go out at night stay closer to homestead the highways from miami to homestead are pretty good you want have a problem it sounds like thay may have road rallies from downtown to homestead so it might be fun to rally with them i am going to try the on on sat morning pm me if you have any other questions if you need help with a hotel

Old 05-12-2008, 01:57 PM
firechris7
1st Gear

Thanks!

it depends on what you want to do if you like to go out (south beach ) stay closer to downtown if you dont want to go out at night stay closer to homestead the highways from miami to homestead are pretty good you want have a problem it sounds like thay may have road rallies from downtown to homestead so it might be fun to rally with them i am going to try the on on sat morning pm me if you have any other questions if you need help with a hotel

Old 05-12-2008, 02:21 PM
cabriopilot
6th Gear

Thanks!
I would recommend Florida City as a good place to get a hotel while your in the Miami/Homestead area, the motels
are fairly inexpensive there and your only 20 minutes from Key Largo and 10 Minutes from the Homestead racetrack.
Let me not forget to mention that there is an excellent place to eat and get refreshments called Gusto's which is right across the street from the Travel Lodge.

As for Key West I have a secret place that I love to stay at everytime I'm down there, but you have to promise not to tell anyone else about it...

It is called the Southern Most Point Guest House and it is less than a couple of hundred feet from one of Key Wests famous landmarks.

Old 05-12-2008, 02:57 PM
J3kidford
2nd Gear
No way!!! I went to Rollins, too!!! Class of '78.

Old 05-14-2008, 07:22 PM
mct
5th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks!
A lot of us are staying at the Travelodge in Florida City...

Old 05-15-2008, 04:44 AM
cabriopilot
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mct
A lot of us are staying at the Travelodge in Florida City...
You can count me in on those staying at the Travelodge.
I just reserved a room from Thursday the 12th thru Sunday the 15th.
That will give me a little time to trek down to the Keys before the event starts.

Old 05-15-2008, 06:28 AM
FastLaneTuning
4th Gear
You can count me in on those staying at the Travelodge.
I just reserved a room from Thursday the 12th thru Sunday the 15th.
That will give me a little time to trek down to the Keys before the event starts.
awesome! we'll definitely have to meet up then, that's where i'll be staying too....

on another point, MINI Clubman created a Facebook event:

MINI Takes The States (Miami)

so far there are only 3 people confirmed for it and i'm guessing there are a lot more people on Facebook who will be attending..... SO ADD IT TO YOUR EVENTS! hah

Old 05-16-2008, 08:07 AM
firechris7
1st Gear
for all that are going down to the keys just want to let you know that on US1 there is alot of construction there is a side road called cardsound road it will cost you a dollar to take this road but it will put you past the main part of the construction and into key largo. last time i traveled on us1 which was abotu 3 weeks ago i bottomed the car 3 times and it did not sound good i had to slow way down to get through this area and it is a tight section with the big trucks passing in the other lane just try to remember. after key largo there is no more construction and you should be fine.. have fun in the keys

Old 05-16-2008, 09:17 AM
Kentiki
5th Gear
Cardsound Road....what a weird place. I once saw an abandoned shell of a school bus on the side of the road there, at night. I swear I thought the ghosts of angry school kids were gonna jump out at me.

Quick Reply: MTTS 2008 - MIAMI (June 13th-15th)