Nashville–Middle Tennessee MINI Club The Nashville–Middle Tennessee MINI Club forum.

Middle TN Christmas Parades- 2009

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2009 | 05:35 PM
TNMiniMama
|
6th Gear
Middle TN Christmas Parades- 2009

Hi Folks-
It's getting to be that time of year... The jing-jing-jingaling of Bells, the over-the-top Holiday Decorations everywhere you turn and the drone of piped in Holiday MUSAK! It's enough to make you want to... to... to...

JOIN A CHRISTMAS PARADE!

I can tell you of two I know about:

Fairview Christmas Parade on Saturday December 5th. Mrs. Eva Harris is wanting to put together a group of MINI's for the parade (she's one of us!) and has asked me to send this info out to the MINIverse. She can be reached at: jingoeva@earthlink.net. Her spam blocker will catch every one of your emails, so make sure you say: Fairview MINI Christmas Parade in the subject line.. she checks her spam blocker every day- and says you don't have to fill out all that stuff that comes back to you about your name, address, first born, etc... Just email her a way to contact you and let her know if you're interested. I think the parade starts at 10:00 am, and it's advised you be there for setting up, judging, etc by 8:00 am... This is a rural community, so don't be surprised to see critters (horses especially).
Unfortunately, I won't be there... booo hooo...

Leiper's Fork (Old Hillsboro) Christmas Parade: also on Saturday, December 5th, I think this parade starts at 2 pm... show up by noon... which is about right cause by the time you're finished with Fairview, you can go to Leiper's Fork (about 20 minutes away). This parade is usually a HOOT! Mrs. Eva Harris might be able to be talked into coordinating this parade too- if not, and you're interested in participating, contact the Leiper's Fork Merchant's Assoc. (you'll have to google search them). I MAY be able to join y'all in this one ~ someone will have to save me a spot and keep in touch with me (I'll be racing back from Nashvegas)...

For those who don't know their state geography, Leiper's Fork is South West of Nashville in Williamson County. Fairview is due west of Nashville, in northwest Williamson County (the chimney). Either place is about 45 minutes from Downtown Nashville (say 2nd Aven. Tourist District).

If you have more Christmas parades, please post 'em here
Cheerios-
Vivi

Old 11-15-2009 | 02:03 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Thanks for posting this info Vivi.

I'll have to see how I'm feeling that week as we'll just be getting back from a trip to Florida and back the previous weekend. If we do make it we'll probably go to Leipers Fork parade. We'd have to leave from here at 0530 in order to make it to Fairview by 0800.

Right now don't feel like doing anything; we both recovering from a bout with the flu.

Old 11-16-2009 | 07:17 PM
TNMiniMama
|
6th Gear
Hope you feel better Hal, Deb has it too? UGH! Remember to wash your pillowcases daily and sterilize your toothbrush.
I hope to at least be AT Leiper's Fork- it's usually a riot!
wish I had some chicken noodle soup, I'd bring it out to ya...