Navigation & Audio Bring your GPS and favorite CD or MP3. This is where navigation and audio options for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

Navigation & Audio IceLink Plus Help: Stuck in "iPod Control Mode" Can not return to "HU Control mode"

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 07:21 PM
fishbulb
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
IceLink Plus Help: Stuck in "iPod Control Mode" Can not return to "HU Control mode"

Please help!

We have the IceLink Plus in both our 05 and 06 MCS's. Trunk mount, fall 2005 vintage.

After getting them set up, they have run fine. We use them both in "Dension Control Mode", using our iPod Photo and iPod video with no problems in each car. iPods start and stop with the car, pull the iPod out to select song, put back in to play.

On monday, the IceLink in the 05 went stupid. It has gone back into "iPod Control Mode" and I can not get it out. Didn't do anything to make it change. The iPod screen stays in it's regular mode, the HU displays "ICE>Link Plus" then *IPOD*. It will not display anything else.

One time I got caught in "iPod mode" and was directed that i was only seeing one line of the interface at a time. Like this:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...2&postcount=28

However, I can not get to ANY of the menu items, Tried holding the "6" buttons, clicking the < > and << >> buttons to no avail. Even unplugged the IceLink connector at the back of the car and turned the car on and off again.

RTFM, read back posts, can't seem to find anything to fix this. If anyone has any ideas, please pass them on. Very frustrated with this...it was working great, and now i have no idea what has changed.

Thanks!

-jac

Old 05-21-2007, 01:45 PM
fishbulb
6th Gear
no one has any ideas on anything to try?

<tumbleweeds>

Old 05-21-2007, 02:14 PM
tom @ eas
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's what I recommend:

1. Disconnect iPod from cable
2. Remove battery cables, negative first
3. Touch battery cable terminals together (away from battery) for +5 seconds, a small spark is normal as this is stored power draining from the system.
4. Allow cables to remain disconnected for about 5-7 minutes
5. Reconnect battery cables onto battery, negative last.
6. Reboot iPod by pressing on MENU and CENTER buttons for +5 seconds and then reconnecting to the ice>Link cable after the reboot process is completed.

Let me know if these steps correct the problem.

Old 05-21-2007, 03:54 PM
fishbulb
6th Gear
Tom,

You, sir, ROCK!

My wife and I thank you very, very much!

-jac

Old 05-21-2007, 03:59 PM
tom @ eas
Banned
Old 06-19-2009, 07:42 PM
gokaht
3rd Gear
Similar issue - I have an icelink plus in my MINI, and it works great - I have an active cradle which is the one main reason I don't want to ever run anything else - the old Denison cradle just looks perfect - the new DICE cradles look goofy

Anyways, the car is a 2003 MCS, and the interface works perfectly. Plays great, sounds great, looks great.

The ONLY gripe I have is with the menu options - or lack thereof. I can't get into the menu. All I can do when I shuffle to the "setup" menu option is blindly change the volume levels using the track up button. I can clearly hear the change from each voltage.

ALL I WANT IS CHARGING CAPABILITY. That's it, and I'll be beyond happy. I can control the iPod from the radio or the iPod - which is the way I want it. But I can't get into the charging options.

I'm running version 4b4 or something, it's the more recent unit that's in the larger black casing, not the shrink wrap. I've tried running the updates to previous software/firmware options, but it won't roll back.

Ideas?