Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio My MINI's a Demo MINI for Integral Audio

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 07:55 PM
CAPO
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone knows installers around los angeles area for this equipment?

Old 02-06-2012, 04:38 AM
studio410
2nd Gear
Is Integral Audio still around? Anyone know? I emailed them on their website earlier last week, and replied to their sticky stereo system thread, no reply. Just curious.

And add me to the people who have a Clubman and are looking for this system. Thanks!

Old 02-06-2012, 06:47 AM
HaloZero
Neutral
@CAPO: Any reputable stereo place should be willing to install it.

@studio410: I have talked to Kevin in a while but I'm sure he's still up and running. He's been working on more vehicle types and don't know about the release of the soundstage for the MINI but he'll probably get around to things sooner than later.

Old 02-07-2012, 11:58 AM
redduc
3rd Gear
He emailed me about two weeks ago. Still waiting on crossover's I think. I expect to have an update in a week or so.

Old 02-07-2012, 12:06 PM
Albiecrazy
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not like Kevin to go more than a day in responding. Maybe he’s taking a well-deserved vacation!

Old 02-07-2012, 01:14 PM
Kevin@Integral Audio
Banned
Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Albiecrazy
Not like Kevin to go more than a day in responding. Maybe he’s taking a well-deserved vacation!
Apologies to all for the delays getting back to folks. Walter had it right - I was on vacation. Unfortunately we were robbed while on vacation - no electronics or phone prevented me from getting anything done while I was gone, and I've been trying to get back up and running since getting back. I think I've responded to everyone now, if I've missed you please ping me again.

Here's the update on the Soundstage, I'll give a full synopsis for those who may not have all the info: As most of you probably know, the first version of the Soundstage didn't make it to full production due to cost. This is the set that was based on the Morel drivers. This forced me to go straight to the next version, which involved bringing driver design in-house. This allows for a bit better quality at much lower cost. The first installation of this version was completed a couple weeks ago (in a nice new JCW R58!). You'll probably see some traffic from the owner in the near future. I think the end result is pretty fantastic, and I'm hard to please. Bringing driver design in-house allowed for tweaking paramaters to get everything JUST right.

Right now I'm still working/waiting on the PCB production and assembly for the crossovers. There have been quite a few delays. There is always a struggle between getting it perfect and getting it ready, and I'm a sucker for perfect. I know there are a lot of you waiting ever-so-patiently for this, and I'd like to say two things, 1) I sincerely appreciate your patience, your interest, and your input, and 2) I promise it will all be worth the wait in the end. I'm hoping for a release date in 3-4 weeks. I know I've been saying that for 6 weeks now (!), so again, I appreciate your patience. The initial production run will have a number of hand-assembled components, notably the wiring harnesses, so I'm expecting to have a bit of a backlog - but I will get orders out the door as fast as I can.

The details of the system (if you don't already know):
- 3-way front Soundstage upgrade (6" woofer, 3.5" cone midrange, 1" soft-dome tweeter)
- vehicle-specific crossover design (separate mid/woofer and tweeter networks to simplify installation)
- plug-n-play wiring harness (t-harness @ X-9331 connector)
- powered by an ARC 125.2 MINI amp (125.4 for systems with the 1101S subwoofer)
- CNC machined mid/woofer mounting adapters, injection molded tweeter housing for perfect OEM fit
- any OEM parts needed (factory A-pillars w/tweeter mounts, under seat amp cover)
- everything you need for installation (down the last screw, wire tie, etc)
- Price: $1499 for Soundstage-only, $2299 for Soundstage + 1101S Subwoofer System

I'll post a few teaser pictures shortly!

Last edited by Kevin@Integral Audio; 02-08-2012 at 10:50 AM.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:38 PM
teebo7
3rd Gear
Can't wait to see hopefully i can save up to get!

Old 02-07-2012, 02:46 PM
Kevin@Integral Audio
Banned
A few pictures....

A few pictures, as promised.

Midrange & Woofer installed in door. You can see the mid/woofer crossover network in the door armrest cavity:

Midrange close-up:

Woofer, Midrange, Tweeter, Brackets, and unwrapped Crossover Networks (these are hand assembled versions, not the PCB production version, and are unwrapped in this pic - they are ultimately wrapped in foam):

And, if anyone is interested, the subwoofer system in an R58:

Old 02-08-2012, 01:55 AM
quality_sound
5th Gear
Are those Dayton drivers, or Dayton-based? I LOVE those drivers. I used them in my GTI and was absolutely floored by them.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:53 AM
Kevin@Integral Audio
Banned
Dayton-based. Our engineer did the design work for the Daytons. They really are quite fantastic, aren't they? Are you all done with your setup? Hopefully you'll get a chance to listen to this system at some point - it will blow your mind!

Old 02-08-2012, 09:21 AM
b&WCM
3rd Gear
Do you think that subwoofer system will work in an R59 Roadster?

I am getting a new JCW Roadster with the HK System/ Mini connected, etc. I think I would like to add a subwoofer to the system based on my previous experience with the HK system.

Do you think the IA subwoofer would work in the Roadster even though the trunk is completely isolated from the cabin unlike the Coupe which is really just a hatchback?

Old 02-08-2012, 09:51 AM
Kevin@Integral Audio
Banned
Originally Posted by b&WCM
Do you think that subwoofer system will work in an R59 Roadster?
That's the plan. I haven't confirmed fitment yet. There should be more than enough airflow into the cabin for it to function.

The Soundstage will definitely work in all R55/6/7/8/9 vehicles.

Old 02-08-2012, 09:57 AM
b&WCM
3rd Gear
Do you have a production date and pricing yet for the Soundstage package that will work with the HK system and R59 Roadster?

Also will this be difficult to install for a DYI? I live in Colorado and doubt I will get to New York in my lifetime.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:02 AM
Kevin@Integral Audio
Banned
Originally Posted by b&WCM
Do you have a production date and pricing yet for the Soundstage package that will work with the HK system and R59 Roadster?

Also will this be difficult to install for a DYI? I live in Colorado and doubt I will get to New York in my lifetime.
I'm hoping for 3-4 weeks out, roughly end of Feb. Of course, I was originally shooting for end of Dec 2011, so keep that in mind

If you are anywhere near Denver, contact Greg Stanton of DoubleNaught Works - he goes by gds194 on this board. He is the authorized dealer/installer for the Denver area. If you are not near Denver, DIY is not difficult.

Old 02-08-2012, 03:51 PM
Purie
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Awesome, I just got your email and I can't wait to replace my unbearable base system, but I have no problem waiting to get it right. you can count on me for both the Soundstage and the Sub systems.

Cheers

Old 02-09-2012, 02:17 PM
quality_sound
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Integral Audio
Dayton-based. Our engineer did the design work for the Daytons. They really are quite fantastic, aren't they? Are you all done with your setup? Hopefully you'll get a chance to listen to this system at some point - it will blow your mind!
I LOVED the Daytons I ran. I had the RS100s in dash pods and the RS225s in the doors of my 08 GTI. Absolutely amazing. If I hadn't run into a BNIB set of old school MB Quart QSD-210s with the QSD-164 midbass add-on kit, I'd be running Daytons again.

I will be back stateside in May, albeit in Texas, but I would love to hear one of your cars at some point.

Old 02-10-2012, 01:22 PM
theunclesam
3rd Gear
shyeet. There goes another grand when this thing comes out. :D

Old 02-15-2012, 03:54 AM
lisemini
1st Gear
Now the fun begins-my MINI Coupe is also a demo for the new Soundstage II and coupe-spec'd subwoofer. The install was completed by Kevin this week, and the system is clean, deep and sophisticated compared to HK. Plenty of power and ability to dial bass on request. I am thrilled with the set up and recommend highly. It's amazing how little space the sub requires in the boot.

Big thanks to Kevin for taking the care and time to spec/install into my MINI!

Anyone in NY/CT area who would like a listen please be in touch.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:38 AM
studio410
2nd Gear
lisemini - my ears (eyes) perked when i read that you are in the NY/CT area! i am in the CT area (no longer RI), i live more towards the NY side of CT than the RI side. if you don't mine i'd LOVE to hear the system! i'll make a trek to wherever you are. i am not ready (per the wallet) to purchase anything for another month or two so anytime between now and then would be awesome!

private message me at your leisure if you are up for that. thanks!

so does that mean integral audio is in the NY area??!!

Old 02-15-2012, 07:52 AM
Kevin@Integral Audio
Banned
Originally Posted by lisemini
Anyone in NY/CT area who would like a listen please be in touch.
Many thanks to Lise for making that kind offer! She has the first install of the new Integral Audio Soundstage, as well as the first R58 version of the IA Subwoofer System. Not to mention that her JCW R58 is one heckuva cool car, so it's worth a look/listen all around!

Originally Posted by studio410
so does that mean integral audio is in the NY area??!!
I'm in Manhattan, and our development lab is in Brooklyn. The lab is product development only - no retail work. If you need help finding an installer, shoot me a PM.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:03 AM
quality_sound
5th Gear
Any chance you'd be willing to whip up a set of those midbass adapters??? I need a set for my Quart midbasses and I don't have my tools here.

Old 02-15-2012, 10:00 AM
lisemini
1st Gear
Hehe depending on interest might need to do a tailgate/listening party...studio410 I PMd you...

Old 02-15-2012, 05:26 PM
Albiecrazy
6th Gear
lise & studio... You could always motor out this way - just happens to be a MINI run on February 26th out in Port Jefferson, Long Island. I'm hoping to make it, but still a little up in the air. I'd love to see that Coupe!

Main Street Cheese Rally

Old 02-15-2012, 05:29 PM
studio410
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by lisemini
Hehe depending on interest might need to do a tailgate/listening party...studio410 I PMd you...
party at Lise's house! ;-)

The MINI run sounds fun! Alas, the last of my family in MA is moving to NC the next weekend so I will be in MA that weekend.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:35 PM
redduc
3rd Gear
Damn't, I'm starting to think about these things again! I've had them out of my mind for months. Curse you and your incredible products . Anyway....standing by.

Quick Reply: Navigation & Audio My MINI's a Demo MINI for Integral Audio