Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio My MINI's a Demo MINI for Integral Audio

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 01:13 AM
greasypeanut
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is probably what im going to spend my tax refund on lol.....but im too scared of messing with any electronics in the car. would you be able to recommend an installer in the southern california area???

Old 02-16-2012, 08:53 AM
Kevin@Integral Audio
Banned
Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by greasypeanut
this is probably what im going to spend my tax refund on lol.....but im too scared of messing with any electronics in the car. would you be able to recommend an installer in the southern california area???
PM me and I'll help you find an installer in your area.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:36 PM
CAPO
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Integral Audio
PM me and I'll help you find an installer in your area.
What are the comments for the installer? good? so-so?

Old 02-17-2012, 06:13 AM
lisemini
1st Gear
sub/soundstage proto at Cheese Rally/LI, NY

Originally Posted by Albiecrazy
lise & studio... You could always motor out this way - just happens to be a MINI run on February 26th out in Port Jefferson, Long Island. I'm hoping to make it, but still a little up in the air. I'd love to see that Coupe!

Main Street Cheese Rally
Hey Walter, I will take you up on the invite - I just secured my spot at the Rally, hope to see/hear you there!

Old 02-17-2012, 12:29 PM
Albiecrazy
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like a plan, Lise. I'm looking better than i was 3 days ago so I'll probably see you there. Gonna be a big meet-up!

Old 02-21-2012, 12:48 PM
Kevin@Integral Audio
Banned
A quick update for folks following this thread: Just waiting on inventory at this point, and then kitting projects once everything arrives. I should have some info up on the website by early next week, and installation instructions hopefully ready by later in the week. Still *hoping* to have these ready to ship by the end of the month, but may miss that target by a few days. At this point though, the timing is starting to firm up with everything ordered and/or in production. Barring some unforeseen problem with production, things are looking good.

If you are NOT on the waiting list and would like to be, send me an email at kevin.bennett @ integralaudio.com.

Old 02-24-2012, 04:50 AM
quality_sound
5th Gear
Nice!!!

Old 02-29-2012, 01:34 PM
Kevin@Integral Audio
Banned
For those following this thread and looking for an update....final production crossovers on the custom PCB's....getting closer. Unless something goes wrong I'm close enough to call a date at this point - looks like 3/15.

Old 02-29-2012, 02:23 PM
redduc
3rd Gear

Old 02-29-2012, 07:02 PM
Albiecrazy
6th Gear
Old 03-01-2012, 12:37 AM
quality_sound
5th Gear
Niiiiiiiiice.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:02 AM
fig32
2nd Gear
This will be my first upgrade!

Old 03-01-2012, 07:59 PM
theunclesam
3rd Gear
Kevin,
Couple of questions for those of us who already bought the 1101S:

1. Will we get a discount? I think I already asked this, but I can't find the answer....
  2. Will I have to run a new power wire back to the amp? As I understand it, this upgrade replaces the amp from the 1101S, correct?
  3. When I purchase this, can you put "Tiffany & Co." on the receipt so my girlfriend thinks it's jewelry or something? I can go to Wal-Mart and get her something that looks nice....

Old 03-02-2012, 06:56 AM
Kevin@Integral Audio
Banned
Originally Posted by theunclesam
Kevin,
Couple of questions for those of us who already bought the 1101S:[*]Will we get a discount? I think I already asked this, but I can't find the answer....
Yes. Those that already have the subwoofer system will actually get the kit at what amounts to a discount above and beyond the intro package pricing. You'll be getting an email from me with the details. Because the subwoofer system underwent a number of design improvements, I'll be working with existing sub system customers individually to put together a kit that gets you up to all the latest improvements (remote level control, new wiring harness, etc)
[*]Will I have to run a new power wire back to the amp? As I understand it, this upgrade replaces the amp from the 1101S, correct?
No, you will not. The new amp will swap in directly for the old amp. You'll notice an extra set of (4) holes on your amp mounting bracket - that's where the new 4ch amp mounts (if you don't already have the amp mounting bracket, don't worry, you'll be getting one).
[*]When I purchase this, can you put "Tiffany & Co." on the receipt so my girlfriend thinks it's jewelry or something? I can go to Wal-Mart and get her something that looks nice....
That one may be a little tougher! If it's REALLY an issue, let me know, I've had folks do some surprisingly creative things that I'd be happy to share.

Last edited by Kevin@Integral Audio; 03-02-2012 at 04:07 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:24 PM
quality_sound
5th Gear
What amp are you using now?

Old 03-02-2012, 04:06 PM
Kevin@Integral Audio
Banned
Originally Posted by quality_sound
What amp are you using now?
ARC KS MINI series. 125.2 for the Soundstage or the Subwoofer System on their own, 125.4 for the Soundstage + Subwoofer. It will almost certainly remain that way until we bring amp production in-house. I know I don't have to tell you they are a pretty phenomenal amp in one tidy little package.

Old 03-04-2012, 07:28 AM
theunclesam
3rd Gear
Thanks Kevin. Can't wait!

Old 03-04-2012, 11:43 PM
quality_sound
5th Gear
ARC KS MINI series. 125.2 for the Soundstage or the Subwoofer System on their own, 125.4 for the Soundstage + Subwoofer. It will almost certainly remain that way until we bring amp production in-house. I know I don't have to tell you they are a pretty phenomenal amp in one tidy little package.

I figured that's what it was. I had 2 KS125.4 Minis and a KS500.1 Mini in my GTI. One 125.4 for the mids and tweets, one bridged for the midbasses and the 5001. on a JL Stealthbox. Everything active with processing handled by an Audison Bit 1.1. NEVER lacked for power I'll tell you.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:59 PM
aerodynamics
2nd Gear
ARC KS MINI series. 125.2 for the Soundstage or the Subwoofer System on their own, 125.4 for the Soundstage + Subwoofer. It will almost certainly remain that way until we bring amp production in-house.
Are you saying this is in the works??

Old 03-08-2012, 09:20 PM
Kevin@Integral Audio
Banned
Originally Posted by aerodynamics
Are you saying this is in the works??
Indeed. And much cooler things than that too!

Old 03-09-2012, 09:23 AM
emflys
Neutral
Hi Kevin - looks very cool.

How much labor or rough estimate price on an install? I know that will vary, but just wondering how much to budget beyond purchase price.

Thanks,

Emmet

Old 03-12-2012, 07:42 AM
Kevin@Integral Audio
Banned
Originally Posted by emflys
Hi Kevin - looks very cool.

How much labor or rough estimate price on an install? I know that will vary, but just wondering how much to budget beyond purchase price.
My initial guidance is 3-4 hours, same as the subwoofer, and 5-6 hours for the combined Soundstage + Subwoofer install. The amplifier install is the same for both kits, so that part overlaps if you are doing both kits. There are a number of improvements to both kits that will reduce install time - the plug-n-play wiring harness is one of the bigger ones. Overall, the Soundstage install is a bit easier than the Subwoofer system.

These numbers are what you should expect a professional shop to bill. Do-it-yourself times can vary greatly depending on experience, tools, level of care, etc. I can do a 1101S sub install in well under 3 hours, but I know customers who have spent 8.

I'm going to be working on a dealer/installer network once this starts shipping, and hopefully will be able to start offering a set price for install that can be included with purchase. That's a ways out though.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:30 AM
jupiterfish
2nd Gear
Sorry urrrric, but we don't operate a retail shop. The Brooklyn location is strictly R&D. We have done a limited number of installations for folks willing to come to Bklyn. There is no inventory there (it's all at a warehouse in Michigan) and there are no MINIs with systems installed on site for you to listen to.
do you install here in michigan?

Old 03-23-2012, 05:55 AM
Kevin@Integral Audio
Banned
Originally Posted by jupiterfish
do you install here in michigan?
No, the Michigan location is shipping & inventory only.

I should point out that one of the benefits of our kits is that they are easy to install yourself or by ANY competent mechanic or shop. All the heavy lifting in terms of design, part sourcing, etc, are already done. That's part of the point - you don't need us (or anyone else for that matter).

I'll be posting the installation instructions for the Soundstage shortly - installation of this kit is even easier now with the full plug-n-play harnesses and other improvements.

For those who haven't already seen, initial info for the new Soundstage is up on the site: http://www.integralaudio.com/index.p...oofer-r56.html. (if you are looking for a different MINI model select it from the navigation on the left side of the page).

The initial production run sold out, I'm currently backordered 4-6 weeks for orders placed now.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:03 AM
tominizer
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The deeper I got into this thread, the more I like what I'm hearing, no pun intended. A few questions.

Although I know you're using the factory speaker locations, is there anyone that can comment the staging and imaging of the three way setup? I have no doubt that the sound is great from these speakers but how does it feel when you close your eyes?? Reason I ask is because I have plans to DIY tweeter and mid into the a-pillars, but it's a LOT of work. If this gets me 80% there, I may be onboard. My wife will also likely not kill me dead!! I just find that the mid location is a compromise, although not as bad as in the lower door. Best cars I've heard for SQ had full mid up on the dash/a-pillar somehow. But audio in a car is about compromise anyways.

Can the front stage speaker setup be purchased on its own without the amp?

Kevin, I'm going to drop you an email about a few other things.

Cheers.

Quick Reply: Navigation & Audio My MINI's a Demo MINI for Integral Audio