Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio picky mini connected questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 09:45 AM
alexroet
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
picky mini connected questions

Hi everyone... I haven't been on here in YEARS.... but I recently upgraded from an '03 MCS to a '12 MCS Coupe, and I have some nitpicky questions that no one seems to be able to answer.

1: the first 3 items in my MINI connected menu are pre-programmed phone numbers (to the dealer, etc). The problem is, they are all just 0. Is there any way to change them? I can't seem to find it, and if it's something the dealer can/should do, unfortunately they didn't seem to have a clue.

2: google send-to-car doesn't work, and I don't know if it's a google problem, or a mac/browser issue... but when using google maps I can find the "send" menu, but it only has "send to phone" and "send to email". "Send to car" is NOT THERE. Anyone?

And slightly different category, but my one other question-
My comfort access works great when unlocking the doors. But when I want to lock them, it seems to take 5-10 seconds, and 3-5 presses of the button (on the door handle, not the remote). It's faster to just dig out my keys and push the button. Is this typical?

And on that note- the trunk/boot release button on the remote doesn't seem to do anything. I press it many times and nothing happens. The other day I held it down, and (oops) all that did was set off the alarm. Is it supposed to just unlock the boot? I thought it was supposed to actually unlatch it so you just needed to lift it up.

Does comfort access work for the trunk too?

Thanks everyone! Sorry if these have been answered elsewhere but the closest thread I found was >20 pages long and a year old so I didn't read it all.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:22 AM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Well I cant be definitive about this on the MINI Connected menu but my car, an 2008 MINI Clubman, has the dealers Phone numbers programmed into the car and that WAS done by the dealer. Oh and my is to old to have connected. So i would think the dealer would program those numbers.

here is one explanation on Send to Car. https://productforums.google.com/for...ps/y7fBPKoyce4

What i gather from this is that if you just search and address in google maps you can send that info to the car but to send an actual directions map will not work as the cars GPS system does not know how to deal with all the extra data that is sent as directions.

I have a 2008 Clubman with CA and have a similar problem and it has been that way since day one. And the dealer tells me it is normal and when we took a bunch of keys out to cars in the lot they all seemed to take a long time to lock.

As for the trunk lock I am not sure on the Coupe but on the hatch (r56) and clubman (r55) the button pops the rear so you just have to give it a tug to open it. And in my clubman the CA works for the rear as well just have to hold the door handle in for a second or to and the barn door will open. I dont see any reason you should not beable to push the button and have the boot open up for you.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:43 AM
alexroet
2nd Gear
Omg! Yay! wow! an actually helpful answer! Thank you so much!!

I think you're right- the numbers seems like they need to be programmed by the dealer. Hopefully someone over there will be able to figure out how. (When I took delivery I think I knew more about some of the functions than they did... I don't think they sell many cars with MINI Connected.)

And as far as google send-to-car, right again! I was just picking random spots on the map (POIs) and right clicking, and that send menu didn't have car. But if I actually SEARCH for something, and click the "more" menu that comes in the search results on the left, it was there! Now just to go plug in in the car and see if I can access it.

And ok about the CA. I think I read something about it scanning to make sure you're not locking the keys in the car before it will lock, so that may be what makes it take longer.

Need to play around with the trunk release button on the remote some more. I thought I got it to work "right" once, but never again, so I started to wonder if I was imagining it.

Now if only the CA buttons could do the 'convenience' feature and open the windows too!

Thank you thank you!

Old 07-09-2012, 11:54 AM
cube17576
Coordinator :: STLMini
I found that when locking the car with the button on the door, if I am too quick to the button, it takes forever. If you pause a second and wait until the window has gone back up then press the button, it goes faster.

Old 07-10-2012, 04:42 AM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by alexroet
And ok about the CA. I think I read something about it scanning to make sure you're not locking the keys in the car before it will lock, so that may be what makes it take longer.
It does check to see if a fob was left in the car but hey there really should not take that much time.

Need to play around with the trunk release button on the remote some more. I thought I got it to work "right" once, but never again, so I started to wonder if I was imagining it.
good luck with that

Now if only the CA buttons could do the 'convenience' feature and open the windows too!

Thank you thank you!
I am not sure about the coupe or roadster but on the Hatch and Clubman it can be reprogrammed to roll the windows up from the fob, not sure about the CA door handle button though. Check out the NCS Expert threads in the Modifications > Electrical section. Unfotunately the dealer will not do this type of reprogramming. But if you can find someone in your area with the proper tools they could do it for you.

Old 07-11-2012, 05:57 PM
msmarti58
1st Gear
Hi. I am picky, and I asked about the numbers that said 0, and the tech took it back in and input them. They just have to be input into the MINI's computer system.

Old 07-13-2012, 08:23 AM
alexroet
2nd Gear
the tech at the dealer? at the service desk? Did you have to take the car in, or can they just enter them remotely somehow?

Old 07-13-2012, 12:04 PM
msmarti58
1st Gear
The technician at the dealer. No, you have to take the car in, and ask that those be input into the computer.