Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio Radio Front Panel LCD Issue After Replacement.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 07:50 PM
Systemlord
6th Gear
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts
Radio Front Panel LCD Issue After Replacement.

Happy Easter,

When I purchased my Mini Cooper S three weeks ago I noticed an issue with the LCD readout that was dying in the large speedometer, before it was replaced with a new one I was able to connect my iPhone to my Aux input so that I could listen to my music, well after my LCD was replaced I noticed that I was no longer able to select Aux input via the center console. Now I have no option to select the Aux input, now it's listed as USB for which I don't have an input for.

What the heck am I going to do now? Please don't suggest using a wireless connection for my music!

Much appreciated!

Attached Thumbnails Radio Front Panel LCD Issue After Replacement.-ag_07mini_speedo.jpg  
Old 03-31-2013, 08:52 PM
rkw
OVERDRIVE
Received 121 Likes on 106 Posts
Describe your circumstances in more detail. The LCD is not designed to be replaceable. Normally the entire radio unit would be swapped if a repair is needed. Who did the repair, and where did the replacement come from? My guess is that you received a replacement radio that was programmed to operate a USB connection.

Old 03-31-2013, 11:50 PM
Systemlord
6th Gear
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by rkw
Describe your circumstances in more detail. The LCD is not designed to be replaceable. Normally the entire radio unit would be swapped if a repair is needed. Who did the repair, and where did the replacement come from? My guess is that you received a replacement radio that was programmed to operate a USB connection.
Carmax installed the replacement LCD, so now it sounds like a replacement radio unit is required and that still needs a USB port...?

That's about as detailed as it gets, there is an Aux input (3.5mm jack) just under the AC controls. There was no replacement radio, only the LCD was replaced because I saw it when it was dismantled. So there is a physical connection between the Aux and the radio unit but without the programing to actually select it. Can it be reprogrammed?