Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio DOUBLE DIN with steering wheel controls recommendations welcom

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 10:47 AM
sasquatch
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DOUBLE DIN with steering wheel controls recommendations welcom

I have a 2012 MCS with boost stereo and I would like a new Double DIN high power stereo that retains the steering wheel controls (MFSW) as well as iPhone 5 compatibility so I can use GPS apps , iHeart radio, Pandora etc and get the audio through the speakers. Bluetooth and satellite radio are also a requirement. I know there are many out there but the iPhone 5 compatibility is vague so I would like to get some specifics. Please let me know your experiences and recommendations. Thanks in advance.

Old 08-20-2013, 08:26 AM
tominizer
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Tough.

I know Pioneer has it for the iPhone 5 but you need to purchase extra stuff to make it work which is absolute crap. I'm looking as well for a similar setup but may just jump off a cliff and get the Pioneer 940BT DDIN from last year as they have them on for a good price now and forget about the dream.

In all the looking around I did, I could not find one DDIN that was the holy grail and did everything well or even had everything I wanted. My head started spinning after reading all the reviews and it became more and more of a frustration

I think to get it all, one needs to build a car PC.

Old 08-20-2013, 08:37 AM
sasquatch
2nd Gear
I need a volume **** which Pioneer no longer has this year.

Originally Posted by tominizer
Tough.

I know Pioneer has it for the iPhone 5 but you need to purchase extra stuff to make it work which is absolute crap. I'm looking as well for a similar setup but may just jump off a cliff and get the Pioneer 940BT DDIN from last year as they have them on for a good price now and forget about the dream.

In all the looking around I did, I could not find one DDIN that was the holy grail and did everything well or even had everything I wanted. My head started spinning after reading all the reviews and it became more and more of a frustration

I think to get it all, one needs to build a car PC.
I actually had a Pioneer x930BT in a car that I just sold and I am regretting it more each day.
None of the new Pioneers has a volume know which I find really stupid.
It's too distracting to feel around for switches or even the touchscreen just to adjust the volume. Somebody please save me .
!

Old 08-20-2013, 09:09 AM
tominizer
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think last years 940BT has the **** but it was the last year for it.

Old 08-20-2013, 10:37 AM
sasquatch
2nd Gear
Is there a steering wheel MFSW interface that will work with it ?