Navigation & Audio Bring your GPS and favorite CD or MP3. This is where navigation and audio options for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

Navigation & Audio Can't Inset CD Into Player

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 11:18 AM
lazabby
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't Inset CD Into Player

I'm a new owner of an '04 MC. I've tried to insert a CD into the CD player but it won't go in. I haven't had a chance to try and take a look into the opening yet but I'd like any advice from anyone who might know what is causing the issue. I'm wondering if there is a CD stuck in there. The display reader says "No Disc" though.

Old 10-05-2013, 11:45 PM
Eric_Rowland
OVERDRIVE
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts
Likely just a fault in the head unit. Easiest course of action would be to replace it with another OEM unit.

Old 10-09-2013, 08:08 AM
lazabby
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I took the radio out and opened up the top to see if I could see anything. A few days earlier I was finally able to get a CD in there by "angling it" int othe slot but I couldn't get it out. THe display still showed "No Disc". Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. I moved the CD part around - pushed around on it. There was a little lever inside that I moved back and forth just to see what it would do. I decided to hook the radio back up just to see what it would do. When I did and hit the eject button two discs came out! The one I forced in there and another one. Apparently my poking around the inside of the radio did something so the CDs could eject. Now the CD player works properly. So the lesson to me is - even if the display says "No Disc" there might be adisc in there. Wife is happy so now I'm happy. No repair bill from the dealership to worry about. Now if I can just get the passenger door lock to work. That's the next project.