Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

The radio is broken, it don't work no more...

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2020 | 01:52 PM
Iyamdman
|
Neutral
The radio is broken, it don't work no more...

I have a 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S R55. I have had the car 6 months.

2 weeks ago I washed it, and after washing it I started it up to move it and I noticed that there was some water on the dashboard near the air conditioning vent in the center. I found that the headliner near the sunroof controls was wet.

The other thing was that the radio and center console LCD display would not work and the power locks would not work.

All other electrical items were working, power windows, sunroof, etc.

I checked the fuses, and they were good, but I noticed some water in the fuse box area.

I dried everything, and let the car sit for a couple of days. After that, the car power locks worked, and the radio played the CD.

The problem is that the LCD display is screwed up, the volume controls work (on the steering wheel and center console), but all other center console controls don’t work. I can’t eject the CD, or skip tracks, but it plays.

I have 3 main questions:

1) My driveway is a steep angle, and in the past when I washed the car, the nose of the car was up, but this time I backed the car in and the nose was pointed down. Would the sunroof drain be effected by that? How do you clean out the drain?

2) Is my whole center console screwed, or is it repairable?

3) Can I just replace the radio/CD, or do I have to replace the whole console?

Who sells a replacement console?