Navigation & Audio Bring your GPS and favorite CD or MP3. This is where navigation and audio options for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

Navigation & Audio GPS Aftermarket

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 08:48 AM
oneguynick
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GPS Aftermarket

Can you add in the bluetooth and navi system on an 02 that didn't ship factory that way? I would hate to add in aftermarket if someone was getting rid of theirs

Old 08-17-2006, 01:11 PM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Originally Posted by oneguynick
Can you add in the bluetooth and navi system on an 02 that didn't ship factory that way? I would hate to add in aftermarket if someone was getting rid of theirs
Depends on what you're looking for...

Are you looking to get the OEM nav system retrofitted into your car? If so, it's not a simple or cheap process. While it can, and has been done the costs and labor involved are both high. An aftermarket GPS in your situation is MUCH more economical... Even going with a Pioneer AVIC system will be more than 1/4 of the price of trying to retrofit the OEM nav system. Plus this would have to be a DIY type job, few if any dealers in the US are going to want anypart of this job instead telling you outright that it can't be done...

As for Bluetooth, again it depends on what you're looking for... Steering wheel controls and full interoperability with the MINI HU like what can be found on the Jan 05 and later builds... Not going to happen... But the older version of the MINI Bluetooth kit should work just fine in your car... But again, going aftermarket would be a much more economical solution.

Bottom line though is that when money is no object, anything is possible...

Old 08-17-2006, 01:45 PM
oneguynick
1st Gear
Money

Yes it is all possible I think I am just going to go with a Garmin Nuvi 360 that has bluetooth and maps right there. Done. End of story. I love this community and so far love my mini. Thank you so much.