New York/New England New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine

NYC area MINIs!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 08:38 PM
madmike007
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We had a great time and met a lot of really nice people! Thanks for organizing the run. Under the advice of Peter, we went down to Cornwall and had lunch at a place called Painters Cafe. Great little place for a bite to eat. The ride was also a nice treat! Lots of twisties with incredible views. Thanks Peter! Sorry, no pics. :( I want to see more pics! I noticed a video camera, so there's footage out there somewhere...

btw, I'm DIET SUV.

Old 10-10-2007, 12:21 AM
TurboMini
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Zoomer
Don't forget everyone to clear out your PM inbox so we can PM each other, I'm having trouble PMing some folks at this time.. not to mention any names... :D
Well I know it isn't me. My User Control Panel says that my PM box is... 100% full. wait, nevermind. I don't know what you're talking about ssshhh don't tell anyone...

Originally Posted by madmike007
We had a great time and met a lot of really nice people! Thanks for organizing the run. Under the advice of Peter, we went down to Cornwall and had lunch at a place called Painters Cafe. Great little place for a bite to eat. The ride was also a nice treat! Lots of twisties with incredible views. Thanks Peter! Sorry, no pics. :( I want to see more pics! I noticed a video camera, so there's footage out there somewhere...

btw, I'm DIET SUV.
AWESOME! I had the vacu-cam on my roof, but in my haste to get out of the house sunday morning I brought a tape with only 8 minutes of footage left on it, so i didn't even bother. The other video camera belonged to my friend with the Mustang. He's working on getting it on the the computer as we speak/as you read When he gets the footage up I'll let everyone know

Old 10-10-2007, 05:56 AM
mini_one
Coordinator :: U.S. MINI Club (Long Island)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RLI-4 Long Island Rally

FYI: Yes we do the run rain/or/shine because it is mostly driving in your car. There is a plan to have a lunch at Shelter Island (right after the ferry ride) on a beach (BYO Lunch style). Rob Friedman is the organizer and you can PM or post to him any questions on www.usminiclub.us if you wish.

It would be great to see all of you again...

Old 10-10-2007, 09:12 AM
Zoomer
3rd Gear
Philly Cheesesteak Run Update

Some of you cannot make it to the Philly Cheesesteak Run because of time that we're going? Well, how about this.. say we met at about 8:30-9:00PM and then headed down for a Cheesesteak Snack and to fill up our MINI's boot with sandwiches for the freezer... we'd make it down there, have a great time, take some photos, meet new MINYacs and MINIacs, and see old faces, and just manja on some of the finest Cheesesteaks this Land of ours offers..

...then would you go?

Who's coming for some yummy stuff?

Old 10-10-2007, 04:33 PM
HighSchoolzMINI
6th Gear
i take it back guys, i have a track meet on sunday, this is getting so impossible because of my luck with timing

Old 10-11-2007, 08:40 PM
Zoomer
3rd Gear
HS, you coming with us on the Philly Run?

Also, hey TurboMINI - still have that forum available for MINY, so we should talk.. PM me

Old 10-12-2007, 07:54 AM
Fiver Driver
1st Gear
Link to official NEMINI.org MINY Forum!

http://nemini.org/metropolitian-new-...msg191266/#new

Old 10-12-2007, 09:36 AM
HighSchoolzMINI
6th Gear
HS, you coming with us on the Philly Run?

Also, hey TurboMINI - still have that forum available for MINY, so we should talk.. PM me
whens the philly run? more imporantly wheres the philly run? and how longs the drive cause i need to know if im gonna have to fill up so i bring enough money, i dont wanna cut into the cop convincing part of my budget

Old 10-12-2007, 10:10 AM
blueheat
1st Gear
I am on LI and am sure I will be attending MINY events. Sorry I had to bail on Bear Mtn Also FYI...that is my classic in pictures earlier in the post from the LI starting point.

Just my opinion but please not another MINI site...With the proliferation of sites both national (NAM, OL), and even in our area (USMINICLUB, NEMINI), keeping up with and cross posting events is painful.

I say let's keep it on NAM!!!

Old 10-12-2007, 11:29 AM
Zoomer
3rd Gear
I completely agree with this. In my opinion, I also think we should keep our repository on NAM. Some people don't go on other forums and there would be a breakdown in communication.

We might want our own MINY site, but having an "official" area on other sites, when the entire MINY concept began here can get confusing. Until such time we have our own MINY site, it might be beneficial to just stick to providing information here, on NAM.

Originally Posted by blueheat
I am on LI and am sure I will be attending MINY events. Sorry I had to bail on Bear Mtn Also FYI...that is my classic in pictures earlier in the post from the LI starting point.

Just my opinion but please not another MINI site...With the proliferation of sites both national (NAM, OL), and even in our area (USMINICLUB, NEMINI), keeping up with and cross posting events is painful.

I say let's keep it on NAM!!!

Last edited by Zoomer; 10-12-2007 at 11:32 AM.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:35 AM
Zoomer
3rd Gear
I mentioned earlier in the thread that the Philly Run is 20th of this month and it is at night - so no worries on traffic. Should be fun - you, as well as other MINYacs and MINIacs should come!!

Originally Posted by HighSchoolzMINI
whens the philly run? more imporantly wheres the philly run? and how longs the drive cause i need to know if im gonna have to fill up so i bring enough money, i dont wanna cut into the cop convincing part of my budget

Old 10-12-2007, 11:44 AM
Jahmills
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What time do you think you'll arrive in Philly? I'm doing a run with NEMINI out in Reading PA on the 20th, but should be back in town by 7:00-8:00pm. I'll see if I can round up some more of the PhillyMINI crew to meet up with you.

Old 10-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Zoomer
3rd Gear
This would be great!! I've also got some folks from Long Island and from Motoring|Underground meeting up. I am also going to see if anyone else wants to go. I figure we'll be at Tony Luke's somewhere around 10pm? It isn't set in stone and, being that we can integrate it into everyone's schedule, things can always be worked out! PM me your contact information and I'll PM you mine and we can make this happen!

Originally Posted by Jahmills
What time do you think you'll arrive in Philly? I'm doing a run with NEMINI out in Reading PA on the 20th, but should be back in town by 7:00-8:00pm. I'll see if I can round up some more of the PhillyMINI crew to meet up with you.

Old 10-12-2007, 11:58 AM
DOPAMINE
5th Gear
ya'll know about this saturday the 13th rally right?

Old 10-12-2007, 12:03 PM
Zoomer
3rd Gear
@Prestige, right?

Originally Posted by DOPAMINE
ya'll know about this saturday the 13th rally right?

Old 10-12-2007, 12:43 PM
mininewbie06
2nd Gear
I'm bailing on both the LI run this weekend and the still being planned Philly run -- Life gets in the way sometimes, but that doesn't mean I won't be going on runs in the future. I'd love to go on an "explosion of autum" run later in the season, a scenic run up in the Hudson Valley, or a Holiday Run to an outlet mall upstate. I'm totally into the 5 Boros run -- not only challenging, but educational too - I want see where all the MINY members live!

Old 10-12-2007, 03:16 PM
HighSchoolzMINI
6th Gear
I mentioned earlier in the thread that the Philly Run is 20th of this month and it is at night - so no worries on traffic. Should be fun - you, as well as other MINYacs and MINIacs should come!!
that sounds cool, ima mark it down n make sure i dont work that day, what time does it start, and end?

Old 10-12-2007, 09:09 PM
Zoomer
3rd Gear
Here is a list of the MINY/PhillyMini meet down in Philly on 20-October:
===========================================
Zoomer
pedrocooper
mini creeper
Theroyalwe
TurboMini
HighSchoolzMini
Jahmills
...PhillyMini list growing!
...MINY list growing!

Some of us live in the outer suburbs of NYC

Originally Posted by mininewbie06
I'm bailing on both the LI run this weekend and the still being planned Philly run -- Life gets in the way sometimes, but that doesn't mean I won't be going on runs in the future. I'd love to go on an "explosion of autum" run later in the season, a scenic run up in the Hudson Valley, or a Holiday Run to an outlet mall upstate. I'm totally into the 5 Boros run -- not only challenging, but educational too - I want see where all the MINY members live!
And HighSchoolz, you will just need to keep checking back here for the specifics on the Philly meet. I am coordinating the meet with the gang from PhillyMini. I believe we'd be heading down around 8pm for arrival in Philly around 10 or so PM.. meet old and new (I will be having some other MINIac and MINYacs with me). So, with that, just keep checking here. I would think that we will come up with a meeting place by NYC for anyone coming from NYC and points on LI for the meet. ...and make note that this is more of a meet/greet with PhillyMini, and potentially the first of several events with that club, as well.

Last edited by Zoomer; 10-12-2007 at 09:44 PM.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:16 PM
HighSchoolzMINI
6th Gear
i just realized the twentieth is next weekend and im going the other direction to boston for my uncles wedding, but i plan to mess with my cousin since he has a new 07 that i wanna go up against

Old 10-13-2007, 12:25 PM
Drew L.
1st Gear
See you guys tomorrow

My first Long Island rally. Looking forward to it!

Drew

Old 10-13-2007, 01:03 PM
Zoomer
3rd Gear
You bring up a good point - we should have an Autumn Leaves Run later this month or in November, perhaps as a Homecoming Run. I thought to perhaps even combine it with a get together at my house - similar to what I had earlier this year, although I would limit it to probably 20 people, with Pepe's Pizza and beer. Fiver Driver and some others know of the get together earlier this year, and it would be something similar - hosted at my house. Perhaps we can have it as a MINY meeting in the burbs

Old 10-13-2007, 05:38 PM
TurboMini
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know this is SUPER late , but I just wanted to thank everyone who came out last weekend for the Bear Mtn. run. It was awesome! Great people and great weather make for great motoring!

Obviously I still haven't been able to write that email out to everyone who gave me thier info, and I apologize for the delay, its coming. Anyone who was going to come and had to cancel at the last minute, or those of you who would just like to stay informed, PM me you email address.

I'm working with MOM to schedule a date to have a sit down meeting there in the next few weeks. This would be an oganizational meeting of minds of sorts. An open forum to discuss different ideas for runs and a direction that you'd like to see this club go in. And of course anything else thats on your mind.

If anything comes up at ANY time LET ME KNOW! I love hearing from everyone!!

I'd love to go on an "explosion of autum" run later in the season, a scenic run up in the Hudson Valley, or a Holiday Run to an outlet mall upstate. I'm totally into the 5 Boros run -- not only challenging, but educational too - I want see where all the MINY members live!
That sounds like a great idea. I'll start putting something like that together. Anyone who has ideas for routes, please let me know

Old 10-13-2007, 05:50 PM
kallum
1st Gear
I would like #110 if it is still available.

Old 10-14-2007, 10:35 AM
Zoomer
3rd Gear
Philly Run with MINY and PhillyMini

TurboMini,

On behalf of myself, and I'm sure others feel the same way, I believe you're doing a fantastic job. I cannot believe how much you have done in the short time that you've had this project, and I am sure it will all come together, with all of us under your leadership!

Originally Posted by TurboMini

If anything comes up at ANY time LET ME KNOW! I love hearing from everyone!!

That sounds like a great idea. I'll start putting something like that together. Anyone who has ideas for routes, please let me know
Next, Folks,
The run this weekend, 20-October, has us meeting up with some folks from Motoring Underground and PhillyMini!! ...with that, let's get a good group together, because these people are fun and it would be great to get good MINY representation at the meet/greet, down in South Philly at Tony Luke's.

More information to come, but who else is in? Gonna be a blast!!

Last edited by Zoomer; 10-14-2007 at 10:39 AM.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:50 AM
DOPAMINE
5th Gear
for all that missed out on saturdays run...

Name:  DSC01228.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  113.5 KB
(i wasnt in front of the line by any stretch)

Quick Reply: NYC area MINIs!