New York/New England New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine

NYC area MINIs!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 08:20 AM
kallum
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh my. What a beautiful sight! Will you be at the NJ for the Guiness Book thing on 10/28?

Old 10-15-2007, 08:45 AM
DOPAMINE
5th Gear
Originally Posted by kallum
Oh my. What a beautiful sight! Will you be at the NJ for the Guiness Book thing on 10/28?
i doubt it but, you never know.

Old 10-15-2007, 09:15 AM
Zoomer
3rd Gear
That really is a great looking photo from Saturday... nice effect!

Old 10-15-2007, 10:17 AM
DOPAMINE
5th Gear
i think its important for the NYCmini guys to come to the Prestige events. alot of NYC minis are bought there and a good amount of NYCers attended this event. it would be a great oppurtunity to get people invoved with the group.

my 2 cents.

Old 10-15-2007, 01:41 PM
TurboMini
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
To everyone who came out yesterday... GREAT RUN!! I'm going to post some pics later when I get home tonight...

Originally Posted by DOPAMINE
i think its important for the NYCmini guys to come to the Prestige events. alot of NYC minis are bought there and a good amount of NYCers attended this event. it would be a great oppurtunity to get people invoved with the group.

my 2 cents.

Absolutely, I've gone on several of the runs that they've sponsered. Always a good time. None though since I started this... I'm not sure about being able to come out on the 28th, but I'll going to the drive-in movie run on the 24th. I went to the last one and it was really cool.

The meeting place in the cty still has to be worked out for the Philly run this saturday. I spoke with Zoomer earlier and I'm on it.

I also spoke with MiniNewbie earlier today and we're working on a fall run. leaves and trees and twisties oh my. sorry that wasn't very funny. BUT when we get a route planned out... Between her and I if I don't get any input from anyone who has a suggestion you'll kept in the loop...

James and I from MOM are planning a sit down meeting for sometime in the next few weeks as well. LOTS of stuff going on people. I want to see everyone coming out!

Regards
-Paul

Old 10-15-2007, 03:38 PM
DOPAMINE
5th Gear
ill try and get to as many as i can as long as they are outside the city...lol.

Old 10-15-2007, 03:43 PM
jeffc
7th Gear
I think I even see my car in that line

for all that missed out on saturdays run...

(i wasnt in front of the line by any stretch)

Old 10-15-2007, 04:23 PM
SuperMINIs
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by jeffc
I think I even see my car in that line

What??? No Cabrios?
Sounds and looks like you'all had a great time.
I thoroughly enjoyed the Bear Mtn run.
I wish I could have attended the LI run on the 13th.

Old 10-15-2007, 06:58 PM
Venno
2nd Gear
Hello, I've just moved back to North Jersey from Syracuse where I planed a bunch of events for CNY MINIs, so if you need any help with planning let me know.
Also, One of my MINI Bud in CNY, SPDinNY 's wife Nicole (gotta give the right credit for the awesome Idea) tried planning a Hide'n'seek event in Rochester where you as the name inplies you Hide, and the "It" mini has to find another MINI before everyone returns to 'Base' It fell through due to unavailability of people that weekend, but this would be a great thing down in the downtown area where there are lotsa small little street

Old 10-15-2007, 09:35 PM
Zoomer
3rd Gear
Welcome back to the area! Hope you can make the next run on 20-October, down to Philly.. that's going to be a blast... between MINY and PhillyMini!

Old 10-16-2007, 04:00 AM
swizzle
3rd Gear
Nice pic Dopemine! And welcome back to the area Venno.

I can't make the Philly run but it sounds like it will be a great time - cool town. I am going to plan on attending the Prestige Rally on the Sunday the 28th. Hope to see you guys there again.

swizzle

Old 10-16-2007, 06:35 AM
TurboMini
4th Gear
Welcome back Venno. We'll def coordinate on some things in future. We have a lot stuff going on now and more in the pipeline, so extra hands are always appreciated

Sorry I wasn't able to post any pics last night. A friend of mine came in from out of town... I'm def gonna post them tonight though

There is also a Prestige run on the 24th which is next Wednesday to a drive-in movie. If its the same as last time it will be a lot of fun. It goes from the dealer up to Warwick NY. If anyone else is going, we should coordinate. Right now its going to be myself and Mininewbie06. CALLING ALL CARS!

Last edited by TurboMini; 10-16-2007 at 06:38 AM.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:58 AM
DOPAMINE
5th Gear
* ATTENTION DRIVERS *

there has been talk in regards to a good spirited drive upstate (orange county area) for a half day or full day of hard driving. this isnt going to be a circle jerk, parking lot, ice cream getting, kiss butt kinda thing, from the way it sounds its going to be a day of beating on the Minis. this will be done in limited numbers of course to keep it safe but, i figured i would share this for any NYC drivers that are sick of the stop and go. if you drive like you have a carton of eggs on your roof, this isnt the day for you. not being rude, just being honest. on the same token though, this isnt a "lets see how many speeding tickets i can get" kinda thing either. safe but, intense driving...if that makes any sense.

if interested, post up in here and all forward the info.

Last edited by DOPAMINE; 10-16-2007 at 08:03 AM.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:37 AM
Drew L.
1st Gear
I am in. Good meeting this weekend Paul and keep me on the list for all things MINY. Thinking about coming along to philly on Saturday night.....

Old 10-16-2007, 08:39 AM
Drew L.
1st Gear
* ATTENTION DRIVERS *

there has been talk in regards to a good spirited drive upstate (orange county area) for a half day or full day of hard driving. this isnt going to be a circle jerk, parking lot, ice cream getting, kiss butt kinda thing, from the way it sounds its going to be a day of beating on the Minis. this will be done in limited numbers of course to keep it safe but, i figured i would share this for any NYC drivers that are sick of the stop and go. if you drive like you have a carton of eggs on your roof, this isnt the day for you. not being rude, just being honest. on the same token though, this isnt a "lets see how many speeding tickets i can get" kinda thing either. safe but, intense driving...if that makes any sense.

uuummmmm, yes.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:18 AM
Zoomer
3rd Gear
I'm trying to drum up some interest by the DCMM folks!! for this weekend's run/rallye/meet/greet whatever you wanna call it

Old 10-16-2007, 09:19 AM
Zoomer
3rd Gear
Woohoo!! That's awesome dude..

Originally Posted by Drew L.
I am in. Good meeting this weekend Paul and keep me on the list for all things MINY. Thinking about coming along to philly on Saturday night.....

Old 10-16-2007, 09:30 AM
DOPAMINE
5th Gear
Originally Posted by TurboMini
Welcome back Venno. We'll def coordinate on some things in future. We have a lot stuff going on now and more in the pipeline, so extra hands are always appreciated

Sorry I wasn't able to post any pics last night. A friend of mine came in from out of town... I'm def gonna post them tonight though

There is also a Prestige run on the 24th which is next Wednesday to a drive-in movie. If its the same as last time it will be a lot of fun. It goes from the dealer up to Warwick NY. If anyone else is going, we should coordinate. Right now its going to be myself and Mininewbie06. CALLING ALL CARS!
could you imagine tryin to get my Mini in a drive in movie?

Old 10-16-2007, 09:36 AM
lacning74
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
* ATTENTION DRIVERS *

If base mini coopers with stock 15" wheels are allowed, I'm interested!

Old 10-16-2007, 09:45 AM
TurboMini
4th Gear
could you imagine tryin to get my Mini in a drive in movie?
HAHA, yeah umm... I feel like that wouldn't happen.

" * ATTENTION DRIVERS *

if interested, post up in here and all forward the info."

Sounds like it would be a good change of pace from the regular run of the mill runs. Keep me posted with details as they become available...

Last edited by TurboMini; 10-16-2007 at 11:58 AM.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:39 PM
Zoomer
3rd Gear
For the Philly run this weekend, we will have MINI Cooper (and MINI Cooper S) cookies. That's right, cookies!!

Stay tuned for more, as developments might bring out the best in all of us

Old 10-16-2007, 12:45 PM
Zoomer
3rd Gear
Update on Philly

Zoomer
pedrocooper
mini creeper
Theroyalwe
TurboMini
HighSchoolzMini
Jahmills
imthing1
Drew L.
...PhillyMini list growing!
...MINY list growing!

Old 10-16-2007, 09:48 PM
TurboMini
4th Gear
RLI-4 PICS!!

I know they're late, but as promised... PHOTOS!

Driving down the highway double wide

Lined up waiting for the ferry. There are prolly just as many coopers behind me out of the shot as there are in the pic

On the ferry from Long Island, to Shelter Island

On the ferry from Shelter Island back to the Long Island

In the parking lot of Cozymels for dinner at the end of the day..

Old 10-17-2007, 05:28 AM
lacning74
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TurboMini
I know they're late, but as promised... PHOTOS!

Lined up waiting for the ferry. There are prolly just as many coopers behind me out of the shot as there are in the pic

On the ferry from Shelter Island back to the Long Island
Wow! I'm so jealous. I haven't ridden on a car ferry since childhood. I have to take my daughter there. Imagine a ferry packed full only with Mini's!

Old 10-17-2007, 07:27 AM
HighSchoolzMINI
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Zoomer
Update on Philly

Zoomer
pedrocooper
mini creeper
Theroyalwe
TurboMini
HighSchoolzMini
Jahmills
imthing1
Drew L.
...PhillyMini list growing!
...MINY list growing!
im sorry zoomer i thought id mentioned it im going to boston for a wedding this weekend, im not coming back till sunday night.
Ugh what a pain familys are

Quick Reply: NYC area MINIs!