New York/New England New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine

NYC area MINIs!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 03:03 PM
mininewbie06
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well, it's official - seeing the family on SUNDAY. Sorry guys b/c I REALLY wanted to be on this one. Take lots of pictures of the pretty MINIS and Leaves for me. I'm there in spirit!

Old 11-02-2007, 03:12 PM
HighSchoolzMINI
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mininewbie06
well, it's official - seeing the family on SUNDAY. Sorry guys b/c I REALLY wanted to be on this one. Take lots of pictures of the pretty MINIS and Leaves for me. I'm there in spirit!
NOOOOOO
i'm goin on this run and i was all excited about showing you what fifteen hundred will do to a motor, maybe next time?

Old 11-03-2007, 05:10 AM
Drew L.
1st Gear
I will be there +1. Looking forward to some upstate curvies and pretty trees.....

Old 11-03-2007, 02:28 PM
mininewbie06
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by HighSchoolzMINI
NOOOOOO
i'm goin on this run and i was all excited about showing you what fifteen hundred will do to a motor, maybe next time?
would have loved to see it, but family comesfirst - THIS TIME ONLY!!! Sure I'll see ya next time. BTW, what's the next one and where?

Old 11-03-2007, 03:07 PM
HighSchoolzMINI
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mininewbie06
would have loved to see it, but family comesfirst - THIS TIME ONLY!!! Sure I'll see ya next time. BTW, what's the next one and where?
hmm, maybe ur autumn leaves run? (i cant remember the catchy name u had for it) id like that one

Old 11-03-2007, 04:29 PM
HighSchoolzMINI
6th Gear
i cant make it tomorrow guys,
last minute my father told me that he wasnt leaving to come back to ny until tomorrow morning,
sorry

Old 11-04-2007, 01:20 PM
jeffc
7th Gear
Dopamine you missed a good run and the smell of brakes burning after a high speed cornering session

Pictures posted here --> https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...58#post1843158

Old 11-13-2007, 10:28 AM
DOPAMINE
5th Gear
damn. looked like a good time.

my Mini has a nice layer of dust on it now. im lovin it. hopefully i can get to her before the dragon....lol.

Old 11-13-2007, 04:49 PM
Zoomer
3rd Gear
Where's TurboMini?? Anyone seen or heard from him?? MINY??

Old 11-19-2007, 09:28 PM
en fuego Mini girl
Neutral
New To Mini and this Thread

Hey,

At the end of September I was approached by a member in Park Slope Brooklyn, to join this thread and come out and play. I've been following this site since then and have seen pics from some great runs you have planned.

I am interested in possibly participating in the next run. Also does anyone one know details about joining MINY, if so pass it along. Thanks.

And to the mystery guy in the green mini from Park Slope thanks for the invite and the info on this site.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:55 PM
TurboMini
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
YAY!

Originally Posted by en fuego Mini girl
Hey,

At the end of September I was approached by a member in Park Slope Brooklyn, to join this thread and come out and play. I've been following this site since then and have seen pics from some great runs you have planned.

I am interested in possibly participating in the next run. Also does anyone one know details about joining MINY, if so pass it along. Thanks.

And to the mystery guy in the green mini from Park Slope thanks for the invite and the info on this site.
THAT WAS ME!!! I'm so glad that you've been following . "Joining" is pretty unofficial right now. If you desire to be a part of this, then that is all thats required of you. WELCOME!

To everyone else I'm am SO sorry that I've been MIA for several weeks. I've had a few unexpected turns thrown in my direction (no pun intended haha) so I haven't had too much free time. But I'm BACK and jmore pumped than ever!

Now that I've sorted a lot of things out, I'm so excited to back to MINY. I have a lot a really cool stuff in the pipeline for you guys 'n gals. More runs.. An official website and also a sit-down meeting @ MOM among other things. I've been working on getting the club incorporated because there a few parties interested in becoming official sponsors!

As for runs, an Autumn Leaves run still had to be put together. I mentioned this before but I'm going to put it out there again. What are peoples thoughts on a multi-day weekend trip to hit the slopes for skiing, snowboarding tubing w/e???

I also spoke to another member today over the phone and he said that he'd like to put something together that would end at his place in CT. I'm just thinking out loud now, but maybe this could be the fall run that has been spoken about for so long

There was so much interest for so long and I apologize again for leaving but I hope that everyone comes back and still wants come out to drive. it WON'T happen again!

Old 11-20-2007, 08:37 AM
mini_one
Coordinator :: U.S. MINI Club (Long Island)
Great to see you're back...

Hi, I'm glad to see you back TurboMini. This is Paul, www.usminiclub.us always ready and willing to help. Thanks for coming out to our Round Long Island Rally I enjoyed your company and our chat. I know you have my phone# so call anytime 9-5pm Mon. - Fri if not email me host@usminiclub.com and I'll send it to you. I would very much like to plan on some joint adventures in the 2008 season.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:03 PM
jeffc
7th Gear
Hey Turbo here is the video of the Hudson Valley Run.

Last edited by jeffc; 11-20-2007 at 08:08 PM.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:13 PM
TurboMini
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That video came out great! I saw it when you sent me the link in a pm, but I'm glad you put it up here too so everyone else can jealous of the awesome time that we had j/k I wish everyone could have been there!

Which mountains were we going through?

Old 11-20-2007, 09:23 PM
jeffc
7th Gear
Lake Minnewaska State Park Area

Old 11-21-2007, 03:16 AM
SuperMINIs
3rd Gear
Great video

Old 11-21-2007, 06:44 AM
lacning74
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome video, jeffc. I especially liked the scene when y'all pass the cop around a corner. What side view mirror are you using?

I am very jealous.

Old 11-21-2007, 06:49 AM
jeffc
7th Gear
They are actually MiniStupidFun mirrors (Dont know the name of them off the top of my head). A friend of his is the one that shot the video and did the edits.

Old 11-21-2007, 06:59 AM
MiniStupidfun
6th Gear
The Mirrors Are Arp, Ghetto rigged. My Friend Bob Filmed and edited the video. We need to get another one of these runs together,...like 20 MINI's

Old 11-21-2007, 07:16 AM
lacning74
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bob is the man.

Old 11-21-2007, 07:28 AM
jeffc
7th Gear
We will have to get some more high speed corning shots to show that runs full potential. There are some sick roads there. I still haven't hit that hairpin without traffic (or a cop) there and want to. That is a pretty good turn to hit hard with the mini.

Old 11-21-2007, 08:22 AM
Zoomer
3rd Gear
Yes, we are glad to have our fearless leader back!

You're the coolest TurboMini, and we would be lost without you..

Anyway, yes, the meet is going to take place sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I think it's going to be a hit with the folks, as it was a hit earlier this year when it also took place at my place. We just need to make it happen. Everyone and anyone is invited that wants something other than turkey on the menu .. it's going to be a Pepe's Pizza and Brew meet... special orders don't upset us either... (no cheese for those who are allergic, etc.)...

Also, rumours of a new forum coming up! We will have to tie down a domain name on the Internet too.

TurboMini, so thrilled to have you back with the leadership of this ship!!

Hope you were good, and if you weren't, then hope you were careful..

More later...

Originally Posted by TurboMini
THAT WAS ME!!! I'm so glad that you've been following . "Joining" is pretty unofficial right now. If you desire to be a part of this, then that is all thats required of you. WELCOME!

To everyone else I'm am SO sorry that I've been MIA for several weeks. I've had a few unexpected turns thrown in my direction (no pun intended haha) so I haven't had too much free time. But I'm BACK and jmore pumped than ever!

Now that I've sorted a lot of things out, I'm so excited to back to MINY. I have a lot a really cool stuff in the pipeline for you guys 'n gals. More runs.. An official website and also a sit-down meeting @ MOM among other things. I've been working on getting the club incorporated because there a few parties interested in becoming official sponsors!

As for runs, an Autumn Leaves run still had to be put together. I mentioned this before but I'm going to put it out there again. What are peoples thoughts on a multi-day weekend trip to hit the slopes for skiing, snowboarding tubing w/e???

I also spoke to another member today over the phone and he said that he'd like to put something together that would end at his place in CT. I'm just thinking out loud now, but maybe this could be the fall run that has been spoken about for so long

There was so much interest for so long and I apologize again for leaving but I hope that everyone comes back and still wants come out to drive. it WON'T happen again!

Last edited by Zoomer; 11-21-2007 at 08:28 AM.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:53 AM
mini_dreams
5th Gear
new to the area (again)

great video... somehow I didn't see the post about this run, or I would have tried to join in. (I just subscribed to the NY forum).

anyway, i'm living in jersey city and previously lived in Manhattan, but have driven some up in Orange County. hopefully i can make the next run.

jeffc - i see you are Hydro user... I am too, but ever since I've moved back north (Oct. 15) my MINI has remained unwashed, un-hydro'd, un-epic'd! unfortunately I live in an apartment, so there's no easy place for me to wash it. maybe in the spring... ughh, that's a long time away.

Old 11-21-2007, 12:04 PM
MiniStupidfun
6th Gear
Originally Posted by lacning74
Bob is the man.
Yes he is, and thats the problem

Old 11-21-2007, 12:17 PM
HighSchoolzMINI
6th Gear

ahh i cant wait till my new clutch is finished breaking in