New York/New England New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine

NYC area MINIs!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 03:10 PM
Pathy01
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
www.usminiclub.com.... seriously, you don't allow users to register with a gmail account? Sorry but I'm not creating a new e-mail to join your site. Only found that out after I needed a few attempts to meet the stringent password requirements. Are you running a secure confidential data company or an owners club?

Old 01-14-2010, 04:24 PM
Fcal124
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How do I get in on this? Daughter got one in Dec, and mine is coming next week.

Old 01-15-2010, 03:54 AM
asciilogic
2nd Gear
Fcal124 - if u live in the 5 boroughs of New York City...NYC Motoring is the place to be. We're not in some far off place in Long Island. Our activities are tailored to NYC MINI owners. We have a flickr group, http://www.flickr.com/groups/nycmotoring/pool/ and a Facebook Group (search for NYC Motoring).

Events are coming up shortly...we'll post to Facebook, Flickr and NAM about upcoming events.

Originally Posted by Fcal124
How do I get in on this? Daughter got one in Dec, and mine is coming next week.

Old 01-15-2010, 05:09 AM
mini_one
Coordinator :: U.S. MINI Club (Long Island)
Originally Posted by Pathy01
www.usminiclub.com.... seriously, you don't allow users to register with a gmail account? Sorry but I'm not creating a new e-mail to join your site. Only found that out after I needed a few attempts to meet the stringent password requirements. Are you running a secure confidential data company or an owners club?
Sorry for any inconvenience in registering on the web site. We have recently been attacked by a gmail account holders and our web site was down over 8x in only 10 weeks. This is the reason why the password security was also increased. We truly wish there was no need for all of this but to stay on line it became necessary. Truly this is the first time that anyone has expressed their dissatisfaction and we apologize for that. Please try again to register since we have lowered the requirements and allowed the gmail accounts back to register hoping the abuse will not return.

Best regards,
US MINI Club Staff.

Old 01-15-2010, 05:32 AM
mini_one
Originally Posted by asciilogic
Fcal124 - if u live in the 5 boroughs of New York City...NYC Motoring is the place to be. We're not in some far off place in Long Island. Our activities are tailored to NYC MINI owners. We have a flickr group, http://www.flickr.com/groups/nycmotoring/pool/ and a Facebook Group (search for NYC Motoring).

Events are coming up shortly...we'll post to Facebook, Flickr and NAM about upcoming events.
We are very sorry that you feel this way about Long Island. In very much the same way we consider the 5 borough area a part of NY which includes Long Island. Our undersatnig is that the MINI community is not about where you live but the enthusiasm about MINI Cooper ownership and making new friends respecting each other.

All MINI Cooper owners are welcome to join our events including the NY BMW CCA Autocross racing held on the Long Island at the Roosevelt Field Coliseum, and support cause worthy charities regardless where you are from or what are your interests. We are less than an hour from NYC and from living in NYC previously I experienced same time to travel anywhere in the city or 5 borough area . We are reaching out from Long Island to all clubs and join their events for the past 7 years and nothing has changed. We would like to extend our helping hand to your club and will be glad to include any links to your events or club gateway on the US MINI Club website. More MINI's More FUN!

Click here for the Club Events Calendar

MOTOR ON!
host@usminiclub.com

Last edited by mini_one; 01-15-2010 at 05:43 AM.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:22 PM
Pathy01
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by mini_one
Sorry for any inconvenience in registering on the web site. We have recently been attacked by a gmail account holders and our web site was down over 8x in only 10 weeks. This is the reason why the password security was also increased. We truly wish there was no need for all of this but to stay on line it became necessary. Truly this is the first time that anyone has expressed their dissatisfaction and we apologize for that. Please try again to register since we have lowered the requirements and allowed the gmail accounts back to register hoping the abuse will not return.

Best regards,
US MINI Club Staff.
Thanks, glad to hear that someone out there listens to what people say. I'll try registering again. Appreciate the quick response and you making the signup less restrictive.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:43 PM
TurboMini
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow. Haven't been here in a while. Just saying hi :-P

Old 02-26-2010, 09:26 AM
pedrocooper
3rd Gear
Hi Paul!

Old 03-02-2010, 03:32 PM
malteseracer
4th Gear
I'm in Huntington, West Suffolk

Who's down for some motoring in this neck of the woods? Anyone in the area email me and we'll get together. My buddies and I are always lookin for some people to chill with. MINI people are like regular car people only better :D

Old 03-03-2010, 05:09 AM
mini_one
Join us!

We are located in Farmingdale. The www.usminiclub.com will have our monthly meeting at the Tobay Beach this Sunday 9-10am. We are leaving from the Bagel Factory also located in Airport Plaza Farmingdale about 9-10am...

03/07/2010 Sunday 11am Club Meeting at Farmingdale Bowling Lanes at 999 Conklin St. Farmingdale, NY 11735.

03/28/2010 Sunday
, 6th annual Eastern Long Island Wine Rally, starting at 10:00am from The Bagel Factory located in Airport Plaza Farmingdale of off Rt. 110. This will be an all day event concluding with an afternoon dinner at TBD restaurant.

05/16/2010 Sunday
, 5th annual MINI~Q Auto show. (One day only event) Event details TBD. Go on web site to register and get latest news.

*** US MINI Club Meeting Place at the Farmingdale Bowling:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Fa...&zipcode=11735

*** Bagel Factory Meeting and every Sunday Breakfast Place:

Old 03-03-2010, 06:37 AM
edisonian
1st Gear
Wow, can't wait to get oot and aboot! Last time I was hanging in a Mini crowd was at the 2008 MTTS. Not sure if it'll happen this year so I'll hang with you guys.

Old 03-04-2010, 06:14 PM
pedrocooper
3rd Gear
Edisonian-looks like there will be a MTTS this year, but the finale is probably going to be out in Denver probably August 6 & 8th. There will be some smaller events around the country, dates & places not set yet...here's a link with more info:

http://www.motoringfile.com/2010/02/...back-for-2010/

Old 03-05-2010, 05:13 AM
edisonian
1st Gear
Nice

Originally Posted by pedrocooper
Edisonian-looks like there will be a MTTS this year, but the finale is probably going to be out in Denver probably August 6 & 8th. There will be some smaller events around the country, dates & places not set yet...here's a link with more info:

http://www.motoringfile.com/2010/02/...back-for-2010/
Sweet! Thanks for the heads up!

Old 03-05-2010, 01:37 PM
NightFlyR
6th Gear
We are located in Farmingdale. The www.usminiclub.com will have our monthly meeting at the Tobay Beach this Sunday 9-10am. We are leaving from the Bagel Factory also located in Airport Plaza Farmingdale about 9-10am...

03/07/2010 Sunday 11am Club Meeting at Farmingdale Bowling Lanes at 999 Conklin St. Farmingdale, NY 11735.

03/28/2010 Sunday, 6th annual Eastern Long Island Wine Rally, starting at 10:00am from The Bagel Factory located in Airport Plaza Farmingdale of off Rt. 110. This will be an all day event concluding with an afternoon dinner at TBD restaurant.

05/16/2010 Sunday, 5th annual MINI~Q Auto show. (One day only event) Event details TBD. Go on web site to register and get latest news.

Just as a point of information thing, the Porsche club is Autocrossing this Sunday at Tobay beach, all are welcome. I plan on running the Mini there Sunday as Tobay is a great lot to Autocross in.

Old 03-06-2010, 08:12 AM
kenshin
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by NightFlyR
Just as a point of information thing, the Porsche club is Autocrossing this Sunday at Tobay beach, all are welcome. I plan on running the Mini there Sunday as Tobay is a great lot to Autocross in.
If I'm there, I'll be sure to say hi. I'm not running, but probably going to be helping some friends out who are auto-xing.

So if anyone sees a PS R53 with a roof rack, tow plate and driving lamps, that's me just flag me down or throw rocks at me.

Old 03-06-2010, 05:06 PM
Shoof
5th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

03/28/2010 Sunday, 6th annual Eastern Long Island Wine Rally, starting at 10:00am from The Bagel Factory located in Airport Plaza Farmingdale of off Rt. 110. This will be an all day event concluding with an afternoon dinner at TBD restaurant.

05/16/2010 Sunday, 5th annual MINI~Q Auto show. (One day only event) Event details TBD. Go on web site to register and get latest news.

What exactly goes on at the monthly meets? Also, with it taking place in a bowling alley, do you guys bowl too? How many people show up on average?

Old 03-08-2010, 05:35 AM
mini_one
Tobay Beach US MINI Club Meeting

Hello everyone,

Great to see all of you at the Tobey Beach for the Porsche autocross this past Sunday. At the club meeting we had 8 MINI's plus three new members have also been added to our MINI'acs family, WELCOME! We spoke about the upcoming Sunday March 28th Wine Rally to east L.I., and the Poker Run fun&games rally on Sunday April 18th. The MINI~Q Auto-show scheduled for Sunday May 16th is going forward full speed with support from staff volunteers(we need more help). The new MINI~Q invitation discount coupons will be printed this week and available for your pickup helping us to distribute them. Email me at host@usminiclub to get address where to pick the coupons please. Register early and get FREE swap&sell spot for your table at the MINI~Q:

http://www.usminiclub.net/index.php?...HPWS_MAN_ITEMS[]=1

The Sunday March 28th Wine Rally will be starting at 10-11am from:

*** Bagel Factory Rally departure Meeting and every Sunday Breakfast Place:

Please bring walky-talky radios with you and lots of cash to buy best of Long Island wine! Yes we will end up at Big Al's BBQ for dinner, good food and great friends, join US!

Please come and join us at the Bowling alley for the next club meeting and a game of bowling on Sunday April 4th 11am:

We will have free games coupons to raffle off and you may be the winner!

P.S. we are planning on a Garage party and two supercharge pulleys installation in April or May, any experienced mechanics out there who would like to get their hands dirty? Email me at host@usminiclub if you like to join us.

Stay tuned to http://www.usminiclub.com for more upcoming events announcements and join us in fun of Motoring with MINI's!

Staff of US MINI Club.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:38 AM
mini_one
Photo Scavenger Oddities Hunt held on Sunday April 11th.

US MINI Club would like to invite all of you to our
Photo Scavenger Oddities Hunt held on Sunday April 11th.

To sign up now click here:

http://www.usminiclub.net/index.php?...HPWS_MAN_ITEMS[]=2

So we scouted out one more..."historical" places...(not hysterical but then again you'll never know)

Do we have any more takers???

Total places to stop and shoot will be 7, and it should take from 2-3+ hours total.

Going across eastern Nassau and western Suffolk nothing west of Rt. 135, and nothing East of Sunken Meadow/Sagtikos/RM

(Yes there are more places... but I did want to limit the time and travel)

Again...you would get a package of index-cards with addresses in randomly sorted order so not everyone is given them in the same direction order...we do not want a follow the leader event here.

You can go anyway you want, and use a map or GPS to find them then-go shoot (NO GUNS PLEASE) and figure out what it is unusual or historic about the place(s). Some have signs...some don't!?

We will end up (like we did years ago) at the Panera Bread in Walt Whitman Shopping Mall of off Rt. 110 and north of the Northern State Pkwy..

Prizes/Trophies will be awarded for the fastest and the best voted on photos. (There might be one or two bonuses)

We will leave from Airport Plaza, Farmingdale and the Bagel Factory at 10 am!
OK actually you all will be leaving..Sue and I might scout around plus we will probably have one spotter
in a silver JCW (unless he wants to do it too?)

P.S. You all are also invited to sign-up for the upcoming Wine Rally on Sunday March 28th and the POKER Tax-Day Run on Sunday April 18th – You can use the same form to reserve your spot.

See you then, Rob Friedman.
You friendly Events, Rallies and Tours organizer from www.usminiclub.com

Old 03-26-2010, 08:38 PM
juliansorl
Banned
Haven't finished reading this thread (it'll take some time) but just wanted to put it out there that I'm in NYC and very interested in this sort of thing too.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:41 PM
RobFriedman
2nd Gear
I'm the giving the Photo Scavenger Oddities Hunt this sunday and I'm hoping to see some of you then!!

Old 04-13-2010, 01:33 AM
ndylam
3rd Gear
Ahhh, do you guys have room for another member ? I live in Rockland County and am looking for a Mini Club

Old 04-13-2010, 05:11 AM
asciilogic
2nd Gear
@mini one....LI is cool dude...my reply was a bit curt. my apologies.

We are very sorry that you feel this way about Long Island. In very much the same way we consider the 5 borough area a part of NY which includes Long Island. Our undersatnig is that the MINI community is not about where you live but the enthusiasm about MINI Cooper ownership and making new friends respecting each other.

All MINI Cooper owners are welcome to join our events including the NY BMW CCA Autocross racing held on the Long Island at the Roosevelt Field Coliseum, and support cause worthy charities regardless where you are from or what are your interests. We are less than an hour from NYC and from living in NYC previously I experienced same time to travel anywhere in the city or 5 borough area . We are reaching out from Long Island to all clubs and join their events for the past 7 years and nothing has changed. We would like to extend our helping hand to your club and will be glad to include any links to your events or club gateway on the US MINI Club website. More MINI's More FUN!

Click here for the Club Events Calendar

MOTOR ON!
host@usminiclub.com

Old 04-14-2010, 07:00 AM
mini_one
U R Welcome to join us!

Originally Posted by ndylam
Ahhh, do you guys have room for another member ? I live in Rockland County and am looking for a Mini Club
We are not far from you on Long Island, and have friends all over the NY state, NJ, Pennsylvania and Delaware, so click on: http://www.usminiclub.com and join us in the fun...

Paul.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:05 AM
mini_one
Apologies excepted!

Originally Posted by asciilogic
@mini one....LI is cool dude...my reply was a bit curt. my apologies.
Glad you replied, and glad you feel this way. Hope you will join us in the MINI Motoring Fun and yes we travel to NYC, Upstate and as far as the MINI takes us!

Join us at the MINI~Q Auto-show: http://usminiclub.us/images/MINI-Q_2010.pdf

MOOR ON!

Old 07-12-2010, 04:08 PM
asciilogic
2nd Gear
Hey guys/gals...we'd love for all of you to join us for Sunrise Run 4 on Saturday July 17th at 6:30am. It's a quick, fun run thru the streets of NYC. Feel free to register here: http://nycmotoring.org/event_sunrise4.php

Thanks.

If you're interested in joining NYC Motoring, shoot me a PM. NYC Motoring is a NYC-based MINI club...but anyone is free to join. We've got members in London. LOL. Really, we do

Peace.

André

Quick Reply: NYC area MINIs!