New York/New England New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine

NYC area MINIs!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 06:30 AM
jakay11
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll stop by for a bit too, seeing as this is nearly in my backyard (and there are some great driving roads there)...

just don't make too much fun that mine is yellow and yours are white

Old 09-20-2007, 06:36 AM
TurboMini
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by swizzle
wow, sounds like you had a great meeting, thanks for taking the initiative to get the MINY club going.

So, someone correct me if i'm wrong. We all meet on the Pallisades exit 5 at 10:30 or so? Is this exit in NY or NJ?
It was a great meeting. Thank you from coming up with such a great name! MINY
myself and some other MINIs were planning on meeting somewhere on the the west side ealrier and then heading up there together and aiming to get there around 11 or. At least thats what I'm thinking... People coming from further are going coming a little later

Old 09-20-2007, 08:36 AM
HighSchoolzMINI
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TurboMini
Beer and bar food!

Seriously, I just got home, we were there for almsot 2 and 1/2 hrs. This was a super meeting of the minds . MINI of Manhattan has a real genuine interest in being a strong supporter of this club. Its great that they're getting invovled at such and early stage in its development. There are things that they can help with now and more that they can do in the future.

So many ideas were tossed around its hard for me to keep track of everything that we spoke about. They are a factory store, so they have a big budget that is largely going unused... Not so much for the imediate future, but eventualy this means all kinds of swag for members among other things. POSSIBLE (don't get too excited yet, still just topic of discussion) discounts on parts and accessories as a benfit for members .

Future runs were disscussed, the use of their facilities as a place to meet/ hold meetings. we talked about so many things I almsot don't know how to organize this post:impatient . A lot of what can happen depends heavily on what we are to put together as far as how we organize eachother... administartors... someone to help with website design (on a voluntary basis at least to start) and how many people we are able to find to become active or at least show something vaguely interest.

I'm going to try to get together with some people this sunday. I've told a few of you (you know who you are) but its kinda short notice. Anyone else who reads this and has free-time THIS sunday let me know so we can work something out. The more the merrier! I'm going to disicuss some of the main points again on the 7th because I know that some of the poeple going are from other forums (NEMINI, MINI2, etc...) and may not see this post. If you are active any other related websites, post links back to this post or thread. MAybe we'll be able to drum up some mroe interest.

I think I've covered the main points, or at least the more intersting ones.

CHEERS! -Paul
What if i can make it but without my MINI, since my other took it to Indiana to see my grandfather because she cant change a spare for her life and i bought pirelli runflats. Can i come in a Vdub?

Old 09-20-2007, 12:00 PM
TurboMini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by HighSchoolzMINI
What if i can make it but without my MINI, since my other took it to Indiana to see my grandfather because she cant change a spare for her life and i bought pirelli runflats. Can i come in a Vdub?

Is that even a question?? OF COURSE!

Old 09-20-2007, 03:50 PM
HighSchoolzMINI
6th Gear
Is that even a question?? OF COURSE!
SHWEET, im there

Old 09-20-2007, 04:15 PM
TurboMini
4th Gear
SHWEET, im there
I'm still working on lacation, but its prolly gonna be somewhere in BK so that some people can come in from island without having to travel too far, but I'll keep you updated..

Old 09-20-2007, 05:31 PM
HighSchoolzMINI
6th Gear
kewl sounds good

Old 09-20-2007, 07:00 PM
swizzle
3rd Gear
12:00 it is. Hope to see all of you there

Swizzle

Old 09-20-2007, 07:02 PM
HighSchoolzMINI
6th Gear
12:00 where?

Old 09-20-2007, 08:16 PM
TurboMini
4th Gear
12:00 where?
He was asking earlier about the meet on the palisades for the 7th. I presume thats the "12" neing refered to.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:31 PM
DOPAMINE
5th Gear
ill step in here.

as a heavy user of the Palisades parkway i can say there are several spots on the Palisades that can be a meet up spot.

when you get across the GW bridge heading northbound there are several scenic lookouts available. 2 to be exact both on the northbound side. then around exit 5 (just before it actually) there is a gas station that has access from both the northbound and southbound sides of the Palisades. there is a commuter parking lot at that location. anyone of those 3 would be ideal. i would lean towards the gas station do to its access but, any of them would be good.

Old 09-21-2007, 03:49 AM
swizzle
3rd Gear
thanks for the info Dopemine. Let's plan on meeting at the gas station located just South of exit 5. I'll probably get there around 11:30 or so. The gas station looks to be a couple of miles past the NY/NJ border. See you then.

Swizzle

Old 09-21-2007, 04:57 PM
HighSchoolzMINI
6th Gear
He was asking earlier about the meet on the palisades for the 7th. I presume thats the "12" neing refered to.
so do we know where the meeting this sunday is?

Old 09-22-2007, 11:03 AM
mininewbie06
2nd Gear
Does anyone know if we are indeed meeting tomorrow, sunday, September 23? Haven't heard from TurboMini, and frankly, I'm concerned -- was the pressure too much for him? Did he leave NYC because we can't get our acts together enough to get a mini club organized, and a city without a mini club is a city not worth living in? Who will take TurboMini's place? OH WOE IS ME!!!!!

Old 09-22-2007, 11:06 AM
HighSchoolzMINI
6th Gear
im pretty sure its nuthin bad

Old 09-22-2007, 12:26 PM
mininewbie06
2nd Gear
but seriously folks, what's up for tomorrow? I'm willing to be there, but have to cancel plans to do so. No sense cancelling if we ain't meeting, and if we're meeting, would like to cancel early so that the other party's day isn't ruined. oh, what a world, what a cruel, cruel world!

Old 09-22-2007, 01:04 PM
TurboMini
4th Gear
So0o0o0o0o0 SORRY!

so do we know where the meeting this sunday is?
Originally Posted by mininewbie06
Does anyone know if we are indeed meeting tomorrow, sunday, September 23? Haven't heard from TurboMini, and frankly, I'm concerned -- was the pressure too much for him? Did he leave NYC because we can't get our acts together enough to get a mini club organized, and a city without a mini club is a city not worth living in? Who will take TurboMini's place? OH WOE IS ME!!!!!

I'M HERE!!! I'm soo sorry. I've been sooo busy with work this week and seeing frinds that are moving out of the country blah blah. You don't really know too well yet and I'm already giving excuses . Doesn't look to good, I know.

ANYWAYS... It going to be, or should be, nice outside tomarrow. I was thinking maybe Floyd Benet Field? Big open spaces. Places to eat minutes away wtih pleanty of parking... I'll go and meet up people elsewhere first if they don't want to drive out there alone. Newbie, ur on the UWS right? I also thought this would be a good place to met because I think there are a couple coming in from long island so its kinda equidistant for most parties involved. easily accesible from the Belt.

Let me know if this works for people. time? 12ish I'm going out tonight too, but I can always get up a little earlier for Mini Coopers!

At this point maybe pm me your digits becuase lately i haven't really had too much time to get to a computer. OR you can contact me directly if you are so inclined. My # is (646) 301-1435

Hope to hear from everyone soon!

-Paul

Old 09-22-2007, 01:14 PM
mininewbie06
2nd Gear
Grants Tomb sound like a good place to meet? Hope he's buried there!

Old 09-22-2007, 01:25 PM
TurboMini
4th Gear
where's that?

Old 09-22-2007, 01:28 PM
mininewbie06
2nd Gear
On the UWS near Columbia on Riverside Drive. If it's outta the way, you tell me. I know Floydd Bennett is in Brooklyn near JFK right? Just give directions and I'll get there.

Old 09-22-2007, 01:34 PM
TurboMini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by mininewbie06
On the UWS near Columbia on Riverside Drive. If it's outta the way, you tell me. I know Floydd Bennett is in Brooklyn near JFK right? Just give directions and I'll get there.

Neither of them is out of the way for me. I don't mind driving far. But i was just trying to think about people coming on from the island. I have no problem meeting at either place. I'm waiting to hear back from the people on the island. so if I don't hear from them, by tonight? then we'll meet at grants tomb... sounds a lot cooler than an old air field... But if thats where we're meeting then YOU have to give ME directions

Old 09-22-2007, 02:03 PM
mininewbie06
2nd Gear
Don't know where you'll be coming from (Brooklyn?), but Grant's Tomb is around 122nd Street and Riverside Drive. Are you coming to get just me to go to Floyd Bennette Field? Not sure what the plan is for tomorrow. Don't have a problem meeting you some place you're more familiar with. Better if I'm familiar with it too (thought everyone knew Grant's Tomb). Haven't cancelled plans yet, so let me know.

Old 09-23-2007, 08:08 PM
TurboMini
4th Gear
Hey everyone! To all who came out today... GREAT RUN! To all of those who missed it... then next one coming up on the 7th should be even better and the one after that (yet to be planned ) will be better still!

This is only the begining. I've seen ghost towns of other NY Mini related websites (newyorkmini.org thnx Paul) and thats not whats going to happen here. Myself and the other people working with me are determined to make this as big as possible. Of course without losing focus of a close-knit MINI community.

I can't wait to see everyone out on the 7th. Its going to be a looooong two weeks for me . I get very anxious . There is much to be done between now and then so I only hope that it keeps me busy enough to pass the time more quickly.

Lets keep this thing going!!
-Paul

Old 09-24-2007, 01:19 PM
mininewbie06
2nd Gear
Had a GREAT time with MININY guys yesterday, and I too cannot wait for the 7th! This is gonna be the club OTHERS will want to be! We all HAVE TO get the word out to other Mini owners we know or come across! New York is a great town, and Mini is a great car. Put the 2 together, and BAM! We got magic!

Old 09-24-2007, 07:15 PM
HighSchoolzMINI
6th Gear
Have we decided on a logo?
I got some ideas for a flyer, but we need to set up some cantact info to put on it, i was thinkin,
MINY
New Yorks way of doing MINI
r somethin along those lines, ideas welcome, im rly excited about getting the flyers up

Quick Reply: NYC area MINIs!