New York/New England New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine

'Round Long Island 12 HOURS TO GO FINAL DETAILS!!!! (Ap

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2004, 10:01 PM
RobFriedman
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well. here's my current list of people coming: 21 SIGNED UP
dminiero
Marbles Mahoney
wkndracr <-george rath (waiver received)
SkAlex
Red
rsunico
miniNYC
aminimum
MINI'S LOVER
nick ara
don gorman <-- (waiver received)
Sage Drummermen
INAMINI
cangelosijeff <-- waiver received
GMINI
jamesbond (Eric from manhattan who's inlaw is around the corner from me)
InDbluMini <-Hermilyn Luna (waiver received)
peter burke <-- waiver received
Michael Wilson- PhillyMINI
miniben2004 -Ben Berliner
theakston

I really do hope to get more and hope to see most , if not all of you at the end at Cozymel's in Westbury.

some info about the drive:
please please fill up BEFORE you get to Roosevelt Field. There are a few stations that actually have reasonable price in the area. In uniondale Reese has 1.93.9 for premium.
I would love for all to download the liabiltiy waiver and bring it with them to save time.. or better yet.. Email them to me by Saturday 4/24 (I will post it as a message in a new thread on here) (also please let me know your online name as well as your real one)

be forwarned... we will hit a number of very lovely villages on the north shore and we will make at least 3 full stops (2x 15 min "pit" stops) and 1 x 1 hour lunch stop)
the hour lunch stop will be (please hope for sunny warm weather) at the Ferry Terminal/Road at the end of Orient Point. There is a very nice deli there that will be open and it has a variety of foods. while there some of you might want to walk down to the north tip of the Island and take a look at the "Coffee Pot" light house between Orient Point and Plum Island)
(The Sag Harbor lunch spot was canned due to...well.. $$$$)

Also.. (sorry.. I'm not writing this in any particular order) we will be crossing 2 ferries.. which are $7.00 for car and driver.. and $1.00 for passengers on each ferry (the two companies are NOT related)

Also.. we WILL leave on time are 9:00 AM from the Top of the South Parking Garage @ Roosevelt Field. Please be there at least by 8:45 to get all info and such.. If you miss us.. we will be heading up the Meadowbrook to Northern State eastbound to Post Ave North! that will take us upward to rt 25a where we will head east to Cold Spring Harbor.
I urge all who have a radio/Talkabout to bring theirs.. and if they have two.. bring both (to those who dont have one) we will be on Channel 7.0 as usual..
and I hope you will stay with us all the way to Cozymel's in Westbury where we have a section reserved for us (for those who dont know.. Cozymel's is about 2 minutes from Roosevelt Field.. yes it is a large 'Round Long Island trip)
I hope to reach Cozymel's no later than 5:00 PM

the specs:
Part 1: RF to PJ 47.48 miles
Part 2: PJ to the Point 50.87 miles
Part 3: the Point to Shirley 63.99 miles (this has the ferry crossings)
Part 4: Dash to Cozymel's 58.10 miles

Total miles 220.44
I dont bother with the times.. since it is usually done faster than Delorme says

(sorry.. no sphinx.. simply too long a trip)

Well.. there you have it.. I do hope we get more people. Last time in November we had 20 cars... and I am hoping for a real Long Island showing here!

see you all there!!!

Rob Friedman

oh.. check out Marbles Mahoney's site for shirts... nice job!!!

Old 04-24-2004, 07:18 PM
RobFriedman
2nd Gear
I'm really amazed that in the week or so this was up... not a single reply was written... (except by me rt now)

well.. hope to see some of you there

Old 04-25-2004, 07:39 PM
Red
6th Gear
Sincere thanks to the Friedmans for putting on an awesome Driving Tour.

I thought I knew LI, but Rob always shows me something new.
And thanks to the fellow (sorry I forgot the name) "00" PS who lent me a radio for the day.

What a great day!

regards,
Red