An excellent track event March 7th at Thunderhill

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 11:13 AM
Siddhartha
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An excellent track event March 7th at Thunderhill

For those of you who don't know, The Candy Store in Burlingame is where a group of automotive enthusiasts/collectors keep their jewels. Colin Bach, who owns two Formula 1 cars - a Nigel Mansell Williams and a Niki Lauda World Champion Ferrari - organizes track events for club members and other enthusiasts. One such is coming up on March 7th at Thunderhill. If you would like to have a first class fun day driving on an excellent track and ogle some very rare sports and racing cars as they go by in full song, just drop Colin a note and mention my name. If you are serious, you will be considered. It is an invitation only event.

Here's the link to some pix from the last event I attended.

And here are the details of this one:

Fellow Driving Enthusiasts,

As promised, we will have a track day for ourselves at Thunderhill on Friday 7 March. It will be similar to the two events that I have organized previously but with a few changes which should make this one even better!

First, this event will be independent of The Candy Store. Although the club supports this event and wants more of them in the future, it must separate itself from these events for liability reasons.

Second, The Candy Store has urged me to continue to organize these events.

Third, this event as well as future events will have a new name: TRACK CLASSIC

Fourth, Track Classic events will be invitation-only. The reason for this is not to exclude potential participants but instead to develop a "comfort zone" and camaraderie among repeat participants. Referrals will be considered but they will be reviewed before being accepted. "Yahoos" will not be welcome.

Fifth, Track Classic events will focus on significant sports, racing, and formula cars. "Backyard specials" will not be welcome.

Sixth,
Track Classic events will offer private coaching from Jim Russell instructors, either on an individual or group basis. Please indicate on the registration form and contact me if you are interested.

As before, these events will continue to have these features:

» A warm welcome from all the staff members and corner workers at Thunderhill: A substantial portion of the proceeds from each event is donated to Thunderhill. They love to have us come!

» Small size / intimate group: approximately 45 cars divided into 3 run groups. This makes a Track Classic event about one-half to two-thirds the size of a typical track day event. Fewer cars = less traffic. Although you might not see much of them on track, you will get to know the other drivers who are out there with you.

» Massive amounts of track time: Each run group will have 150 minutes (2½ hours) of track time during the day!

» Friendly and relaxed yet organized and controlled atmosphere: A Track Classic event is neither an intense test day nor a free-for-all. Everyone will have fun while feeling safe on track.

» Renowned chief steward: Bill Haener, who is Chief Steward for the Monterey Historics, will continue to serve in the same capacity for us.

» Panoz cars available to rent. For more information, please contact:
David Ray
Founder
Hooked On Driving
info@hookedondriving.com
+1 925.552.8112

» Unsurpassed food and beverage service: A full hot breakfast, a complete barbecue lunch, and beverages throughout the day will be provided.

Our next track day is just 3 weeks from today. So please register as soon as possible.

I look forward to seeing you at Thunderhill!

Happy motoring,

Colin BACH
colinbach@msn.com
+1 415.601.9941 - mobile

Old 02-18-2008, 03:58 PM
SharoSC02
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I might be interested.

Will certainly look in to it and see if I can make it. Hopefully they will accept me as their invitation only process.