Off-Topic :: Autos Interested in discussing other autos? This is the place!

I just got a great deal on shoes

Old 02-03-2008, 03:05 PM
Beecher
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got a great deal on shoes

So in typical me fashion, one of my pair of shoes (of which there are many) was downgraded to work shoes the other week, so today i decided to go shoe shopping, which is something i try not to do often, it usually results in a big bill. So im walking around the shoe department, and i see a cloudy white plastic box on the bottom shelf. And i think to myself, all shoes should com ein boxes like that. I pop the lid open and pear inside, without removing the box from the shelf. Brown runners. What ever. I was on the hunt for dress shoes and boots. As i was closing the lid, i caught an elongated P with a dot on the heel of the shoe. By the this time the box was shut and my hand was off. Then i thought, OMG, that is Pirrellis emblem. I whip the box off the shelf and tear into it. Sure enough. a pair of brown perrelli pzero driving shoes. I know these things cost 150 bucks. I scan around the box, no price, i look in the shoe, and there it was, deep discount to 26.95! And they were in my size. I could not belive it. And to make matters better, my mom had been looking for driving shoes as well, and didnt they have her size as well, but it was a BOGO 50% off, so i said she could have the $13 pair. I just cant believe the deal i got on these driving shoes. Unbelievable. Just thought i would share with you, so you could get all angry that you didnt get the deal, but head out and look. I got these at Saks off 5th, so go check your local out, they might have some! Look for the plastic box, it alone is worth $15 anyway, buy a cheap box, get free driving shoes, sounds like a good deal to me, hahah

On a side note, i also got some red cole hann shoes that were intended to be my new driving shoes, and a pair of Hugo Boss boots to wear in the snow. Almost bought a pair of Rockports as well, and almost bought the cole hanns in blue as well.

Good luck with your shopping, this is the season to get the deals.

Happy Hunting

Beecher

Old 02-03-2008, 05:57 PM
kenchan
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i only run piloti's on my weekend cars.

Old 02-03-2008, 07:17 PM
Jim Ray
4th Gear
You have to watch those BOGO's. That is how you wind up with a hundred pair of shoes. I have a pair the color of every car I have had for the last 10 years.

I even have a pair to match the roof of the MCSa when I painted the roof Orange.

You have no idea how hard it was to find a pair of Silk Green loafers.

Old 02-04-2008, 02:38 PM
Beecher
4th Gear
hahah, i know whats it like. I dont usually get to take advantage of BOGO sales, because the places i shop never seem to have them. This was an oddity. Thats not to say i dont have 18 pair anyway, mostly italian. Sorry, but americans cant make shoes. I have a pair of Allan Edmunds, that they are cr!p compared to italian shoes of half the money. Givaldi of Italy makes the hands down best shoes i have ever seen in my life. They run the same kind of prices and the allan edmunds, but man, no comparison in quality look or feel. I can actually ware them without socks, not that i do, but it can be done. Yeah, the silk green would be kind of hard, but i think ive seen the around. I cole hanns are red like my car, which is why i bought them, so i know what your saying there. hahah Beecher

Old 02-05-2008, 07:32 AM
MDK
6th Gear
I've also found some serious deal at Saks off 5th-you have to catch them at the right time but when they are dealing it's good. I've also hit the clearence racks for shoes and have found several winners-the last time I was there I scored two sport coats that both retailed at about $400 for $50 for a navy blazer and $75 for a camel hair.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:28 AM
Eric_Rowland
OVERDRIVE
Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
In case non-shoppers look here, I have deciphered BOGO to mean Buy One Get One (never heard that term before - then again, I loathe shopping.)

Old 02-05-2008, 03:03 PM
Beecher
4th Gear
hahaha, yeah, i learned it from payless shoe commercials, hahaha. I cant believe i actually used that word either, it scares me to use things like that....