Off-Topic :: Autos Interested in discussing other autos? This is the place!

Big MC meet today

Old 06-05-2005, 11:26 PM
eVal
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big MC meet today

My other MC

If you don't know anything about the M Coupe (and Z Coupe), not many of them were produced; they are a love or hate car and the people who love them are a great bunch, all very passionate about cars.

There was a big meet today and we probably had the largest group together at once in the states - just under 60 Coupes.

Just thought I'd share :smile:

Old 06-06-2005, 08:04 AM
Monkey_Boy
5th Gear
You're right. No one cares.

But this event happened last Thursday at Thunderhill. Big Mini Day 2005. It was a good day. Anyone else make it?

It was well run (but rather high priced for a track day) and I was disappointed about the amount of track time for the A group. 5, 14 minute sessions is not enough, I was done at 3:30. That kinda sucked, but otherwise this group of Mini owners -- a nice bunch of people.

Old 06-06-2005, 11:36 AM
eVal
6th Gear
Yeah i guess people do not care - I won't bother posting any additional pics. No need to hijack the thread tho, i'm sure there are other posts about your event in the main 'on-topic' forum.

Old 06-08-2005, 12:15 PM
Monkey_Boy
5th Gear
Sorry, man. I was just messing with ya.

I like the M coupe. Odd looking but fun to drive for sure!

Old 06-08-2005, 03:59 PM
keddell
2nd Gear
I Care!

The M Coupe is one of my all-time favorite cars, kinda reminding me of the old MGB GT. It's on my list of cars I'd love to collect... when I start collecting cars!

JK

Old 06-08-2005, 05:23 PM
eVal
6th Gear
Originally Posted by keddell
The M Coupe is one of my all-time favorite cars, kinda reminding me of the old MGB GT. It's on my list of cars I'd love to collect... when I start collecting cars!

JK
You should keep your eye out for meets and the like in Southern Cal. You'll get to meet a nice group, maybe even drive a coupe or two. I know of at least one Mini & M Coupe owner in S. Cal

I can't help but share a pic - i think the lineup of dakar yellows is just so fun, like a row of ducklings

Old 06-08-2005, 05:35 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Thanks for sharing, eVal! I'd like to see more pix! The ducklings are so nice and shiny!

Clover

Old 06-08-2005, 11:28 PM
keddell
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by eVal
You should keep your eye out for meets and the like in Southern Cal.
Where can I find out about these meets? Is there a NAM-like board you can recomend?

Old 06-09-2005, 04:42 PM
jazmini
4th Gear
I care! Those M coupes are awesome! Beautiful too! If I had the money, I'd get one as a second car. There's a red Z coupe (like those in your picture) in our condo parking garage that I see all the time, and it is so so fine. I've sat in several (new ones) at a few BMW dealers around the country. Maybe perhaps hopefully someday..........

Old 06-09-2005, 08:00 PM
eVal
6th Gear
Thanks for the replies guys :smile: I know not everyone is interested in the same cars but its fun to share the enthusiasm.

Keddell, if you are interested in meets check out the Z boards on roadfly (http://bimmer.roadfly.com/bmw/forums/z3-coupe/) Bimmerforums, and Bimmerfest. Also, since many race and autox you can find out info on events with the BMWCCA. But the easiest is probably peeking at Roadfly and seeing what events people post about - they are a diehard group there and many are very active around Southern Cal.

A great web site about the M Coupe is :http://www.368s.com/index.php?
On the home page you will also see links to people's albums from the 'Dorkfest' gathering last weekend.

Jazmini, keep your eye out if you are interested in Coupes - the S52 engine ones (99-2000) can be had for a good price at this point and will hold their value

Here's a shot with my pride and joy (he's the one with the motorsport flags, second from the right) Okay, the Mini is my pride and joy as well, I love all my children

Old 06-10-2005, 05:34 PM
jazmini
4th Gear
Flags are a nice touch. I'll keep in mind about the 1999-2000's. Happy motoring!

Old 06-10-2005, 06:55 PM
kenchan
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
where's d-mini-ero (sp?) MC? :smile:

Old 06-29-2005, 12:18 AM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
eVal! I love the flags on your M Coupe!! And looking at the line-up of white ones, I realized that they look like they are beasts flaring their nostrils! Kinda like.....DRAGONS!!!!!

Thanks for sharing your other child with us......so, so fine!

Clover

Old 06-29-2005, 01:40 AM
fdavid
4th Gear
These cars are amazing.
Thanks for sharing the pics. Please don't hesitate to show more in the future. Me and my girlfriend love that car.
Question?
Is this car discontinued in its production? It would have made a great addition for us in the future.
Enjoy it...its a beautiful machine. We tested one a couple years ago when BMW was offereing demo rides around the states on racetracks!! (this was back in Miami)

Old 06-29-2005, 07:47 AM
webstrands
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by jazmini
...Those M coupes are awesome! Beautiful too! ...
I just can't get my head around it. It reminds me of the car used in the movie Harold & Maude. The one that Harold took his cutting torch to, a beautiful new Jaguar XKE, and turned it into a hearse.

I think they're ugly, but that's only my opinion. If somebody didn't think they were beautiful, then how would you get a bunch of yellow ones together and form a Canary Club?

Old 06-29-2005, 09:21 AM
eVal
6th Gear
Thanks MiniClo! The motorsport flags was something I just had to have on the car (the main reason I wanted white) and we worked hard to make it happen, I'm very proud of them :smile: Funny you say that about it looking like a dragon, I named the car Steed since I thought it kinda looked like a fine white steed (that and I'm the Mrs. Peel part ).

fdavid, its true, they are no longer in production, but there are fanatics taking great care of some so you can always look for a low mileage one in the future. There were not many made or sent to the States but they can be found; whether you get the 240 hp or the 315 hp engine M Coupe, or event the regular Z Coupe, they are really fun cars (and surprisingly practical)

webstrands, funny you mention the Harold and Maude jag since rumor has it that the BMW designers had it in mind Plenty think they are ugly, you are not alone, but when you 'get' the car you love its sensuous curvy fenders, the flowing lines from back to front and along the hood, and its fabulous butt