Off-Topic :: Autos Interested in discussing other autos? This is the place!

UNOFFICIAL Car BASHING Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 09:45 AM
speednut
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
POS Prius, plain and simple. They get worse real world gas mileage than a 20 year old civic, yet people fawn all over them duped into thinking that the EPA mileage is so great. Then they plug up all the car pool lanes in CA with solo drivers just because they've got a sticker that exempts them from the laws that apply to all others. Worse yet, they get their worst mileage and pollute the most while driving in the car pool lane. Makes no sense.

Next is the Mercury Grand Marquees (sp?) rental I had in Boston. Basically a crown vic with leather. Ms. Speednut was laughing hysterically how I could alternate turning the steering wheel 30 degrees either way and the car continued to track in a perfectly straight line down the road while the POS just wallowed side to side. The only props the POS got was I'm used to dodging pot holes when piloting the MCS, but the Mer POS was able to smoothly sail over the worst craters in the Boston area roads.

Camarys/Avalons/E or S-class Mer or other road-boats that plug up the back roads in the S.F. Bay Area. These roads are meant to be enjoyed and they can be fun even at the legal speed limit. Having a road boat in front of you with their brakes smoking and burning because they never let off the brake pedal and no passing lanes for the next 15 miles is pure hell. Sure, there are turnouts and I praise any driver who takes a glance in their rear view mirror and realizes that they have a convoy of pissed off motorists behind them and they actually use the turnout. It's these inconsiderate road-boat road-hog slow-pokey owners who think the world revolves around them and everyone else is merely playing a subservient supporting role to them that **** me off.

Lastly are the owners of diesel powered pickups who've modded them for more power. Good grief, I hate getting boxed in behind these POS while they run WOT creating a thick black soot cloud that looks like a 3 alarm fire. Good job there Billy-Ray, you've got the 0-60 times down from 8 seconds to 7 seconds. Sure, you'll uproot any tree with the torque ya got there, but please, we just don't want to be behind yeh!

Tell me how you really feel speednut.
Ahhhhh, That feels better... Thanks Chows!

Old 08-08-2006, 12:17 PM
chows4us
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by speednut
Ahhhhh, That feels better... Thanks Chows!
Your welcome.

Looks like the Prius and Aztec are neck and neck in the lead!

Old 08-09-2006, 01:27 PM
willymcd
3rd Gear
the new cobra, that thing looks like poop compared to the old original ac cobra, it is big bulky and had crappy lines. they should have had a Brit company design the car, then use u.s. ford innards, like the original.

Old 08-09-2006, 01:59 PM
bamatt
6th Gear
Originally Posted by chows4us
Your welcome.

Looks like the Prius and Aztec are neck and neck in the lead!
My Scion xB is hanging in there too

Old 08-09-2006, 02:11 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
The PT Cruiser convertible is a seriously hideous piece of automotive architecture and truly deserves to be ridiculed here. The "roll bar thingy" is all out of place and the rear end looks like a big, massive, ugly, bland bucket. I feel sorry for owners, really I do.

I'm sure the designer is still employed cranking out similar gems.

Old 08-09-2006, 03:57 PM
Peter@M7Tuning
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by chows4us
I really do not like Corvettes.

you are so off my buddy list.

I hate Honda's. I hate everything about them, especially their attention to poor styling. That goes for most Japanese cars, come to think of it...

Old 08-09-2006, 04:12 PM
chows4us
6th Gear
Originally Posted by bamatt
My Scion xB is hanging in there too
You are correct, its tied with the other two. I didn't scroll down to the "T"s

C'mon now. We got people who hate whole Car companies ...

Fiat, GM, Honda, Infiniti, Yugos, and Volvos ... along with entire generic classes of cars ... Muscle cars, SUVs, and Rice Rockets.

But you all can do better than that!

Where are the Porsche haters? They are usually around. What about the Lambo bashers And where are the Jeep and Jaguar haters???????

Old 08-09-2006, 05:28 PM
Spitfire
3rd Gear
I really hate the xB also...it's fugly and dog slow. V6 Mustangs: not the 05 and newer ones but the ones before that. The wheels on those things are way too small, they're slow, and their drivers often drive like they think they're fast.

Camry: we have one as a company pool vehicle, it's a 2003. That car make a Buick's ride and handling feel good. What a piece of crap, why is it the best selling car in the US?

Corolla: Another pool vehicle. I actually seek out the Camry over this POS, think poor ride/handling with no power. Feels like a paddle boat.

Ugh

Old 08-09-2006, 09:02 PM
89AKurt
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
#1 Aztek. #2 Avalanche (first version).
What... no Ford Excessive?

Jacked up pickups with the trailer hitch that hangs WAY down because the trailer isn't jacked up too! Also running boards made from pipes, dangerous when wet and don't stop splashing mud.

Gosh, now I found this thread I'll have to think about it!

Old 08-09-2006, 10:58 PM
Brihyanna
6th Gear
The new Toyota FJ Cruiser... I don't know what it is about it but it bugs me to look at it. The white contrasting roof may be functional or it used to be, but it is ugly.
Any of Ford's enormous SUV's. All SUV's. The huge Ford F350! Why in Hawaii would you buy that? You can't park it anywhere! In some places I can barely park my MINI in the lines!
Chevy's HHR (super crazy ugly) and Aveo.
Several of the new 'little' cars like Scion's Xa that I can't remember the names of. I'm glad you get way better MPG than me, but I feel sorry that you drive such an ugly car.
The PT Cruiser.
Trucks that are lifted so high I could drive underneath them. I saw one of these in a handicapped spot once! I could just imagine some little old lady pulling a ladder out to get into her truck. (Please don't get all PC on me here, I understand people have disabilities that don't necessarily affect their mobility, but it just struck me as odd)
Pruis. Fugly fugly fugly.
(edit to add Hummer (how could I forget) especially the stretch Hummer

Wow... that feels better. Thanks Chows!

Old 08-09-2006, 11:24 PM
climbergirl
5th Gear
ok, here is my rant......more directed at actions as opposed to particular cars!

Don't you love it when you see a full size SUV or even medium sized SUV parked in a "compact" parking space. What the heck! Are they confused? What part of Pilot, or Armada or pathfinder is idenitified as a compact car???

My favorite one is the minivan. I guess minivan owners feel that they can park in a compact parking spaces because the word "mini" precedes the word van.

I asked my manager why she parked her minivan in a compact spot.. her answer? because it's a "small" van. But, hey, Its a VAN! wheeww.. 2nd rant of the evening. I should sleep better!

Old 08-09-2006, 11:44 PM
ChiliCooperS
6th Gear
I hate my dad's car. I hate the fact that it weighs more than twice mine, and still can pull 0-60 a full second and a half quicker.

Old 08-10-2006, 12:05 AM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I hate 1970-1974 Chevy Novas with all my heart! Hubby had a '70 and a '74 (I think it was a '74)...and sure, they ran craptastically...in fact, hubby's '70 got about 250K miles on its original engine...however, the interiors were SO ugly and fell apart so rapidly....grrrrr...I HATE NOVAs!

Now, I do like Corvettes, only because we own one. And after being its original owner for 15 years, I admit to only driving it about 15 times, max. Where is the ejection seat? LOL!

Old 08-10-2006, 06:04 AM
chows4us
6th Gear
Thats it! Keep it up!

Now we got several specific cars slowly pulling away from the rest. Eventually we WILL find a consensus on cars we all HATE!

All makes have been updated in the FIRST post. Check it out.

Climbergirl, generic rants dont count. Try the RANT thread for that. Lots of goo RANTS there.

Cmon now ... WHERE are the P-Car haters? Don't nobody hate Ferarris? What about Pintos and AMC... AMC was butt ugly too!

Old 08-10-2006, 06:35 AM
ImaVunDerBrah
6th Gear
I find Pontiac Grand Prixs & Grand Ams to be the most offensive cars on the road.

So here's my list: Grand Prix, Grand Am, any/all Dodge Pickups, new corvettes, mid 90s mustangs - especially yellow ones, Prowlers, PT Cruisers, Chevy HHR, Explorer SportTrac, that really offensive convertible, bulbous, american truck thing that I find so ugly that I can't manage to remember the name of it, Aveo, Malibu, Impala, eh.. might as well throw the Monte Carlo in there too.. actually, we'll just call the whole Chevy line a total disaster...

* edit: Ah! the SSR... thats it..

Old 08-10-2006, 07:14 AM
chows4us
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ImaVunDerBrah
we'll just call the whole Chevy line a total disaster...
NICE LIST

PT Cruiser PULLS Ahead!

Old 08-10-2006, 07:30 AM
Mini Mizer
5th Gear
I also hate mini vans, they are almost as common as SUV's. actully...i hate mini vans, SUV's, big full sized trucks, OH and full sized work vans, you know the ones that have about 582,391 PVC pipes and about 20 ladders ontop of them?

wait...i can sum this all up, i hate anything that has to slow down to 5mph to make a turn.

Edit: and double HATE for any of those, if they are Ford.

Old 08-10-2006, 07:49 AM
clarkdr81
6th Gear
Yesterday I had the pleasure of watching a lady do a 12 point turn in her Ford Expedition just to get into a parking spot at the grocery store

My list: H2, Escalade (it was cool at first but now that I'm seeing soccer moms driving them on 22" spinners...), lifted pickups, throw my vote in for the Aztek (hands down the worst), and that Buick SUV, do Buick designers actually look at their cars and think "I did a great job with that one..."? Plymouth Prowler ($50k for what?). And finally, big American boat sedans, especially Crown Vics because you're always afraid its a cop until you pass it and see an old couple driving it...

Old 08-10-2006, 07:58 AM
89AKurt
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
...* edit: Ah! the SSR... thats it..
Don't forget the PT-like HHR (real names are just too hard).
I also throw in the Hummer H2 and H3. The H1 is real, so give it a pass.

Old 08-10-2006, 08:12 AM
ImaVunDerBrah
6th Gear
oh no worries. I got that one covered too.

Chevy HHR

Old 08-10-2006, 09:38 AM
willymcd
3rd Gear
oh no, the HHR! the first time i saw a HHR i was in awe how someone could design such a hidious clumsy looking car, i think it is the ugliest car on the road. There was some punk kid driving it acting real smug and stared me down in my mini as i gave him the your a douche bag look back.

H3, hummer to the 3rd douche power

Originally Posted by 89AKurt
Don't forget the PT-like HHR (real names are just too hard).
I also throw in the Hummer H2 and H3. The H1 is real, so give it a pass.

Old 08-10-2006, 10:36 AM
o4amini
6th Gear
Maybe I don't know enough about the corporate side of car making but since when is a Jeep a fine piece of German engineering like I heard on a radio ad today???

Old 08-10-2006, 10:49 AM
chows4us
6th Gear
Originally Posted by o4amini
Maybe I don't know enough about the corporate side of car making but since when is a Jeep a fine piece of German engineering like I heard on a radio ad today???
DaimlerChrysler Corporation

Guess who owns Jeeps

Old 08-10-2006, 10:51 AM
Mini Mizer
5th Gear
i thought benz only owned like 40% ? do they own all of it? please inform me, i'd like to know

Old 08-10-2006, 10:52 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Nissan 350Z.........the tail lights offend me each time they cross my path. It's like they were going along fine and then completely lost the script on the last half of the car. Something nice and round would have been much more classy than those insidious, ridiculous wrap-around things. Note to auto designers....do not accentuate a body seam needlessly.:impatient It is not a necessarily a design element.

Quick Reply: UNOFFICIAL Car BASHING Thread