PittStop MINI Club The PittStop MINI Club Forum. Visit our club site at www.pittstopmini.org

Grass Roots Get Together- BEER & Hotdogs

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 10:54 AM
MindTheGap
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grass Roots Get Together- BEER & Hotdogs

FREE BEER TASTING - Anyone within a reasonable drive to the North Hills area is welcome to join me on Thursday Sept. 15th 7-9pm evening at a new place in Wexford called:
3 Sons + Dogs-n-Suds
10974 Perryhighway -Wexford
(724) 940-7667

Also on Thursday Sept. 29th 7-9pm
CRAFT OCTOBERFEST BREWS
I'm not sure if I will make that night yet or not.

The beer tasting is every Thursady night. The hotdogs and brats are reasonably priced and there is a good variety. Here is a link to a newspaper review if you want to know more about the place: http://www.gatewaynewspapers.com/new...ningout/48047/

They also sell 6 packs of imported & micro-brews beer that you can mix and match. Last week I bought 3 British beers that I especially liked (very creamy). My favorite was a stout called Young's Double Chocolate Stout. This was like drinking dessert! It was beautifully choclatey and creamy. Yum. 2 Thumbs up! But at $3.50 each, you might want to pace yourself.

If you just want to wash down a hot dog he also had a decent off-brand beer for just $1.

There is a big parking lot out front, even some tables & chairs if you don't mind the Rt.19 motif. But it would be cool to see a few MINIs there. Last week a handful of bikers must have defected from Quaker Steak & Lube (Biker night on Thurs. there)

I am going to suggest to the owner tonight that he open the back room up for cigar smoking too. Last week he showed me his large, under-utilized back room. He is willing to make it available to groups free for meetings, as long as you buy your food & drink there. He thought about putting pool tables back there but doesn't want that element. Real nice guy though and would love for the club to frequent the joint.

Unless and until he adds cigars to the menu, there is a nice little cigar store just up the road, called Smoker Friendly. Great selection, prices not obscene. We can always light up in the parking lot and tailgate.

Final thought. This is NOT a club sanctioned event, but "grassroots." The club's policy is not to promote drinking and driving. If you are coming and can't pass a breathalyzer when you leave, bring a designated driver, get a ride or take a taxi home.

I hope to see you there. (...John?)

Old 09-15-2005, 12:37 PM
Mini2Go
Coordinator :: Pitt Stop MINI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds great! I'll plan on it!

Old 09-17-2005, 07:28 AM
Mini2Go
Coordinator :: Pitt Stop MINI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Too busy to post a follow-up until now.

...What a neat place! The atmosphere is really a blend of a fast-food restaurant/convenience store more than a bar or hangout. It is bright and clean. Apparently, this is by design as the owner didn't want to deal with a bunch of lingering, drunken boozers and he wanted to make it family friendly.

The beer selection is truly amazing! They claim to have over 400 different beers! The fact that you can buy individual beers to try or pick out your very own custom 6-pack every time is very cool. It is great for sampling different beer.

I think it is an ideal spot for a quick bite to eat with a REALLY good beer. Definitely go with a few friends...

...MindTheGap and I will be going back this coming Thursday, the 22nd, and hopefully we can also make it on the 29th for the Free OktoberFest Tastings! Hope to see a few more MINIs there!