R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 After a long labor-- idsamini has arrived!! (the lamaze clas

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2002 | 08:06 PM
drstevenj
|
3rd Gear
The dealer called early this AM!!! My mini has arrived!!!!! I told him I wish I coulda been there for the labor in great britian (gee, I coulda taken a video of the process)-- of course, I drove right over to see it in the mini nursery and start the bonding process!!! It was love at first sight!!!

The sales manager and sales person met me at the door and gave me an initial tour of the car. The service manager here in Columbus said he would take care of getting it prepped today, and add the exhaust tip, 6CD changer, and some other accessories that were being held in parts for me, and that I could pick it up tomorrow. I had a chance to meet the technician and he assured me he would look over the car thoroughly, and continue to keep it in good shape in the future. I already feel like 'a part of the family'. In short, this dealership is a '10' in my book.

For those interested, they do have two MC's that are for sale, and one MCS, that was purchased for two months while an ordered MCS arrived. If anyone doesn't feel the need to wait-- the salesperson in Columbus is John or Jim, the salesmanager is Chad.

I ordered on 6/15, and made changes in my order 3 times. I had a production date of 7/19. The car was finished on the 7/17, left on the Aida 7/26, arrived 8/6 in NJ, and was here in Columbus at 9am on 8/12.

I want to thank all of you for all you help and many suggestions as I navigated through ordering, waiting, (and waiting). The good info and support of this group helped make the waiting a good learning experience, and (as Humprey almost said) the start of new friendships... I am looking forward to staying in touch, hopefully with many good stories, and remaining an active member here online, as well as helping to organize some mini get togethers here in Columbus and Central Ohio (there is already a meet in Dayton on Sept 8th). For those in Ohio area, I also registered for the day long driving course at Mid-Ohio Speedway-- coincidentally for this weekend!! I'll let you know how it is. I have heard excellent reviews, and thought it would definately help me be a better driver in a very agile car.

FYI-- I went with all Pepper White, chrome detail, w/ premium, cold weather, DSC, fog lights, am/fm cassette with 6CD, factory alarm, (and yes) park distance control, standard shift. I wasn't sure how the all Pepper White would look, but with the chrome detail and the sunroof, I think it's just what I wanted-- looks like a less busy mini, and the all pepper white really accents the classic lines of the car. I was going to put the driving lights and bonnet stripes on it, but when I saw it today, I really enjoyed the more quiet, classic look-- I'll drive it for awhile and can add if I want.

I know this is long post, but gee, I'm reallly excited and wanted to share some info that I hope with also help others-- also to give each of you a virtual cigar-- for the mini with as yet noname.... I will enjoy your sharing your stories as the newbies arrive, and we motor on!!!

Old 08-12-2002 | 10:12 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
:smile: So, what are you thinking about for names? Best to drive her/him a bit to see what the MINI tells you!

Old 08-14-2002 | 03:37 AM
Pflashinaz
4th Gear
Ah yes, I too know the feeling now. Dealer called yesterday afternoon. My MCS has arrived. Will be picking it up Thurs. or Fri.

Old 08-14-2002 | 04:13 PM
Jimbo
5th Gear
Congrats on the delivery Doctor..sounds really smoooooth :smile:

Jim

8 Spoke wheels, Cruise

Old 08-14-2002 | 07:52 PM
drstevenj
|
3rd Gear
>>Congrats on the delivery Doctor..sounds really smoooooth :smile:
>>
>>Jim
>>
>>_________________
>>Pepper White Cooper,
>>Black Top & Mirrors,
>>Sport Seats, Fog Lights,
>>8 Spoke wheels, Cruise

Thanks for the congrats!! I took delivery today!! The car really is great! The service had double checked it, and put thing I wanted in, and other than a 'mini' adjustment to a smaller car (at least on the outside, because the inside doesn't feel small) I have had a wonderful afternoon driving it. I gave a card to the sales group thanking them for 'getting an old shrink into a new MINI'
I'll keep you posted

:smile:

Old 08-14-2002 | 08:03 PM
drstevenj
|
3rd Gear
>> :smile: So, what are you thinking about for names? Best to drive her/him a bit to see what the MINI tells you!

Old 08-14-2002 | 08:15 PM
drstevenj
|
3rd Gear
>>Ah yes, I too know the feeling now. Dealer called yesterday afternoon. My MCS has arrived. Will be picking it up Thurs. or Fri.

Great!! Let us know how it goes!! I had a young sales assistant who went over the car with me. I ordered a standard shift. When I got in and he was finishing explaining the controls (and did an excellent job), I looked at him and straight faced asked him, what the heck third foot pedal was for... he looked at me (I think he knows me by now) and then with only a short hesitation, said, 'oh that's the one you press for yellow light' -- wish I was that quick at his age....

Enjoy your last few days wait--

Steve

Old 08-14-2002 | 08:22 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
>>Clover,
>>Thanks for congrats! You don't have long to wait!! Taking delivery and that first drive was great!! Maybe you should tell your husband that you are coming down with strep on the day of delivery-- and encourage him, for his own well-being, of course that he should not drive the MINI for at least two weeks, until you're sure you are not contageous... then maybe you could get a major cold... I know if I were still married, I would try the plague, malaria, scarlet fever (separately, then together), and 'dear, I don't understand it, the only time I feel better is driving that car.....go figure, cough, cough'
>>I will look forward to your getting yours, and sharing motoring stories.
>>Take care,
>>Steve
>>>> He's been talking about getting an S "down the road apiece" when they have 200+ horsepower (he drives a Corvette)! ). So, if you get a chance, hint hint, nudge nudge, why doncha post some pics of your pretty new MINI?

Cheers!
Clover

Old 08-14-2002 | 08:39 PM
Gidget
3rd Gear
POST SOME PIX!! I'm also getting a Cooper in Pepper white /matching top!!

I haven't seen one yet but I know it's going to be very classy. When I get my baby, I'm going to keep my digital camera with me at all times!!