R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Exhaust System for R53

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 03:09 PM
thebillsman
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im going to be very honest the milltek is weak and sounds nothing like a sports car. i got the invidia, its a deep throaty tone and turns heads everywhere i go. invidia is the way to go

Old 06-30-2007, 11:23 PM
papalugo
1st Gear
Originally Posted by thebillsman
im going to be very honest the milltek is weak and sounds nothing like a sports car. i got the invidia, its a deep throaty tone and turns heads everywhere i go. invidia is the way to go
I took a look at the Invidia system and I'm kind'a like the "blued" tips . Do you have a sound clip? If you do, please post or send me an email. I would like to listen to them so I can compare them to other systems. Also, where can I find weight and power ratings on them? Thxs!

Old 06-30-2007, 11:33 PM
Fassbinder
2nd Gear
You can also try the oneball conversion, love mine; looks stock with a little more growl, and no buzz in cabin

Old 07-01-2007, 10:00 AM
thebillsman
2nd Gear
Papalugo, there's someone on the forums that has soundclips in their gallery and they're great quality. Just search like Invidia and Invidia Sound

Old 07-01-2007, 10:05 AM
thebillsman
2nd Gear
Old 07-01-2007, 07:05 PM
Detroit Tuned
Vendor - 15 Years
Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by MINIGolfer1
Contact Chad at Detroit Tuned and ask him about his Volt exhaust. Looks very similar to a magnaflow, sounds great and a much better price. Picked mine up at The Dragon for $375.00.

I don't have any pics handy right now that I can upload, but will get some. It can be loud, but to me it is a very pleasant sounding exhaust, but it will also let you know that it's there. The big difference that I have noticed is that it doesn't drone. When I am cruising on the highway commute to work, I sometimes find myself turning down the radio to hear it, rather than having to turn it up to get rid of the drone.

Just my 2 cents.
Thanks Troy!

Here is a link to the Volt system.

Old 07-01-2007, 08:51 PM
MINIGolfer1
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by agokart
Thanks Troy!

Here is a link to the Volt system.
I haven't had a chance to actually tell Chad how great this system is, because I have been driving it so much, but this exhaust is totally awesome!

For the price, even having to have some hangar work done, it still comes out less than some of the others out there, and Chad is right on the money when it comes to the burble sounding even better than stock.

Had to take mine in for our state inspection this past week, and the guys at the inspection place were loving the sound of it. They had to drive it around back to hook up to one of their portable machines since mines lowered so much it wouldn't fit on their lift. Was kind of funny, one guy drove it to the back, another guy drive it back to the front, then they said they needed to check something else out, so a completely different guy drove it back to the back, and then a 4th different guy drove it around to the front again. They loved revving the engine a little and hearing the burble.

Since I have an 05, the hangar brackets had to be modified, but installation, cost of changing the hangar brackets and the actual exhaust was less than $500.00.

Couldn't beat it, and I know that if Chad is selling it, it's going to be good.

Here is a link to Chad's announcement in the vendor section showing some pics of the exhaust installed, as well as what it looks like un-mounted.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=105903

Give him a call, you won't be disappointed in this exhaust.

Old 07-01-2007, 09:02 PM
Rockit Man
2nd Gear
I haven't had a chance to actually tell Chad how great this system is, because I have been driving it so much, but this exhaust is totally awesome!

For the price, even having to have some hangar work done, it still comes out less than some of the others out there, and Chad is right on the money when it comes to the burble sounding even better than stock.

Had to take mine in for our state inspection this past week, and the guys at the inspection place were loving the sound of it. They had to drive it around back to hook up to one of their portable machines since mines lowered so much it wouldn't fit on their lift. Was kind of funny, one guy drove it to the back, another guy drive it back to the front, then they said they needed to check something else out, so a completely different guy drove it back to the back, and then a 4th different guy drove it around to the front again. They loved revving the engine a little and hearing the burble.

Since I have an 05, the hangar brackets had to be modified, but installation, cost of changing the hangar brackets and the actual exhaust was less than $500.00.

Couldn't beat it, and I know that if Chad is selling it, it's going to be good.

Here is a link to Chad's announcement in the vendor section showing some pics of the exhaust installed, as well as what it looks like un-mounted.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=105903

Give him a call, you won't be disappointed in this exhaust.

Does he include the info about modifying the hanger brackets? Did you have it shipped? Cost?
Thanks...
Rob

Old 07-01-2007, 10:35 PM
MINIGolfer1
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Rockit Man
Does he include the info about modifying the hanger brackets? Did you have it shipped? Cost?
Thanks...
Rob

Yes, he included the info on modifying the hangar brackets. Good pictures, just sent them to the guy that did my install and it was a snap.

I picked mine up directly from Chad while at the Dragon this year, so I don't know what shipping would be.

Give him a call tomorrow and ask him about shipping to your location. Chad's a great guy to deal with, and knows his stuff.

Old 07-01-2007, 10:53 PM
Electron_Mike
3rd Gear
I wonder how the Volt sounds in comparison to the Invidia. I've been looking around and I really like the low sound of the Invidia, but for the price of the Volt, I might go for it instead...

Old 07-01-2007, 11:54 PM
papalugo
1st Gear
thebillsman... Thanks. Got the sound clips.

Old 07-02-2007, 07:12 AM
Detroit Tuned
Vendor - 15 Years
Originally Posted by Rockit Man
Thanks...
Rob
Here is a photo of the mod after the bending:

Also take a look at the Vendor Announcements post. I gave some shipping prices for all over the US.

Old 07-02-2007, 03:31 PM
Rockit Man
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by agokart

Also take a look at the Vendor Announcements post. I gave some shipping prices for all over the US.
Darn the frickn shipping!!

Thanks for the info

Last edited by Rockit Man; 07-02-2007 at 03:37 PM.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:32 PM
Detroit Tuned
Vendor - 15 Years
your welcome to come pick it up. it's have been sunny and 70's as of late.

Old 07-03-2007, 06:37 AM
MINIFVR
6th Gear
Just got the TCSportline from Amazon a month or two ago. It sounds great, fairly loud, but not coffee can-like at all. It's basically identical to the Megan Racing exhaust. $500 including installation. I started a review thread on it. There's a sound clip and all too. (not from me). I would say that if you don't want something too loud, go with Milltek.

Old 07-05-2007, 03:05 PM
Frank Matyja
Blew By U
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just bought a Volt exhaust from Chad at Detroit Tuned. Great Price. Check out vendor site...

Old 07-06-2007, 09:42 AM
papalugo
1st Gear
I know that the OBX header is pretty good but how about the catbacks? Anyone knows anything about them?