R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Whats up with some vendors not responding to e-mails

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2003, 04:47 AM
Nobull60
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a problem recently with some of the vendors on this site not responding to PM an/or e-mails. I have e-mailed one a few times after they stated they have a product for sale. I have e-mailed them over and over and have yet to hear back from them. Another one I have asked for some advise on a product they sell and their recommendation and again nothing comes back. Business must be good for some of these folks if they can pick and choose who they are going to communicate with. You try to support them and then you get sub-par service. Thats a damn shame. Before the sponsors and vendors bash me it is only a few of them this applies to. Peter at Rspeed always calls back and returns e-mails, his customer service is A-1 and Dan with Tire Rack is also right on top of things too. Help us out and we will help you out by doing business with you.

Old 08-15-2003, 04:51 AM
OpusMini
4th Gear
I've learned that it's more effective to us an email if you have it rather than a PM.

>>I have a problem recently with some of the vendors on this site not responding to PM an/or e-mails. I have e-mailed one a few times after they stated they have a product for sale. I have e-mailed them over and over and have yet to hear back from them. Another one I have asked for some advise on a product they sell and their recommendation and again nothing comes back. Business must be good for some of these folks if they can pick and choose who they are going to communicate with. You try to support them and then you get sub-par service. Thats a damn shame. Before the sponsors and vendors bash me it is only a few of them this applies to. Peter at Rspeed always calls back and returns e-mails, his customer service is A-1 and Dan with Tire Rack is also right on top of things too. Help us out and we will help you out by doing business with you.

Old 08-15-2003, 07:29 AM
TMGRobyn
6th Gear
:smile: :smile:

And the best way to get attention from the bad ones is to do what you've done. :smile: :smile: I 've always lived with the thought that I will try three times to do business with someone and give them the benefit of the doubt. 1. It's my money, 2.I worked hard to make it and 3. I am not going to beg anyone to let me spend it with them! :smile: :smile:

Old 08-15-2003, 07:35 AM
Thechandler81
4th Gear
With the mods I have done, I have dealt with Perfect Power and Mini-Motorsport. Both responded back in a timely manner, and both were also very very busy at the time. I know from seeing Sol’s full shop that business is not at all slow in performance cars. Any vendor that can manage to stay in business is obviously doing something right, and those who wont respond to you are either busy or wont be in business for long. But it’s a simple exercise in common sense, if they don’t want your business, they wont get it.

Old 08-15-2003, 12:23 PM
minihuni
2nd Gear
I cannot heap enough praise for the work ethics of Randy of Mini-Motorsport.
In the middle of 90+deg F weather doing pulley installs, ECU upgrades he still
took the time to answer customer phone calls. Whenever I called him he answered my questions and never gave me the "Bums rush" to get off the phone.

His shop is one place I have no qualms about giving my money to.

Old 08-18-2003, 06:59 AM
dominicminicoopers
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
>>Business must be good for some of these folks if they can pick and choose who they are going to communicate with.

I don't think they're picking on you in any way. I too have hand a vendor or two not respond to emails or to PMs. Some of the ones on here do business the old fashioned way. Telephone and walk-ins. They're not used to the PMs or how to work the forums/threads. Sometimes the one who is technically savvy is the one who posts on the threads, then get fired for spending too much time "playing" on the internet. I know Alex at the TireRack spends a great deal of time helping people out on the net, that will never give him business. But then there's those of us who do shop with them just because of the quality of support they offer their customers, potential customers, and for the average joe. As time goes on, "survival of the fittest" will win out between the vendors. The ones who know how to apply modern technology will be winners. Those that don't will go by the way-side.

Old 08-18-2003, 07:13 AM
Casey
5th Gear
I'm not sure who the vendors are that you have had problems with - but if any of them have been with bmpdesign/promini please do contact me directly. We respond to all emails and phone calls and we try to respond to all PMs but with the many boards we do monitor it sometimes gets overlooked.

Old 08-18-2003, 01:27 PM
Mark
North American Motoring :: Founder
I think Dominic hit the nail on the head. If you need to reach a vendor I would always recommend calling them. Many vendors also heavily use email but VERY few are on the site enough to notice PMs. Its not that they won't respond its that they often don't know people have been trying to contact them. Give them a call and I think that all of the vendors on the site would be more than happy to help you.

Mark