R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Deposit down on June 10 and still no production date yet!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2003, 09:00 PM
Mopiko
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Test drove the mini and put down $1,000 deposit on June 10 at Rasmussen Mini in Portland, OR but have not received a production date yet. Anyone in Portland in the same boat as mine???

Old 08-30-2003, 09:20 PM
Scoutd
3rd Gear
>>Test drove the mini and put down $1,000 deposit on June 10 at Rasmussen Mini in Portland, OR but have not received a production date yet. Anyone in Portland in the same boat as mine???

hey see your pm
ops:

Old 08-30-2003, 10:41 PM
SpeedRacer85
2nd Gear
Sounds like we're almost alike. I placed my deposit at NW MINI in Tacoma on
June 15. Still no production date yet. I had thought about Rasmussen MINI before I placed the deposit, but now I'm thinking of purchasing one from Ohio or MINI of the Hamptons.Glad to know I'm not the only one.

Good Luck

Old 08-31-2003, 12:43 AM
chrisfb1
5th Gear
there is a explaination for this in "can't wait for Oct club" page 15!

Many possibilities!! u never know! act fast before it is too late. push your MA until it come out!!! Always follow up!! shop around!!

I feel like in a marketing class!! hahaha
good luck!!

Old 08-31-2003, 07:39 AM
Chief_Charlie
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mopiko,

Please check you Massages box for a Private Message. There is still hope for you to get a MINI soon.
Charlie

Old 09-01-2003, 06:34 PM
Pebbles
6th Gear
>>Mopiko,
>>
>>Please check you Massages box for a Private Message. There is still hope for you to get a MINI soon.
>>Charlie

Charlie,
Please tell us too!

If you PM your good answers, none of the rest of us will know ! ! !

and no, don't PM me !

Old 09-01-2003, 07:10 PM
Chief_Charlie
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK Pebbles, and all others who don't want to pay $2,500 to CA MINI Dealers; or for those who put their money down and then don't get a production number like Mopiko, or Speedracer 85, or SF Jeff in the thread in MINI Talk entitled "Dealer Markup. Here's what I wrote to Jeff:

" Jeff,
You're right. The CA dealers ALL want $2,500 over MSRP to buy from them, except East Bay in Pleasanton because they've pre-sold their production allotments for future months, so that's why the long wait for a MCS.

The other posters are correct. Look out of state. I and 5 other folks that met online at MCO and MINI2 through posts like yours, all purchased MCS through Julie Saxa at Classic MINI in Mentor, OH. Classic is a MCO sponsor; and the only MINI dealer that sells parts and accessories at 20% off MSRP when you buy over the internet.

Our cars are September production, due to arrive in October. We've contracted with Concours Transport for an enclosed transporter to ship our cars to San Jose. Cost is now down to $1,000; and there's still room on the truck! I recommend you call Julie at 440 266-6700. She can tell you what your options are. She is the most knowledgable and honest salesperson I've met to date. And Classic has a lot of MCS allottment for October production.

MINI of the Hamptons may have cars in stock that meet your needs. The cost to ship a car to CA by them was quoted to me earlier at about $900 for an open carrier (remember what the weather is like back east from now to winter)

MINI of Hawaii also may be an option for you. The cost to ship back to the states was quoted by them to be $908 to the Port of Oakland.

I wouldn't recommend the Portland dealer, if you believe this thread on MCO from Mokita a few days ago https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ic=15516&4

In short, you do need to get on the phone and call the out of state dealers. And, remember, the closer you get to the west coast, the more markup there will be.

Again, I recommend Julie Saxa and Classic; but you have to see what works best for you. The beauty of Classic is the discount on the parts; no sales tax for items delivered out of state; and "free shipping" as they're coming with the car, including an aero kit and two JCW Kits for our California Classic MINI Buyers group.
Any questions, email me at carolla@scu.edu Happy Motoring "

There's still room on the truck to get a MCS to CA at much cheaper than shipping it alone---room for 3 more, in fact

Nothing exotic, exept that you have to do a little legwork. Put your own group together like we did. Ours came together from posts just like this on MCO and MINI2 within about 5 days. It also included a 6th MCS from Mokeefe who posted his dissatisfaction about his dealer on MCO. Just emails and a dedicated MA named Julie Saxa; a Dealer that sells their parts over the internet at discount prices; and a great auto transport owner named Fred Koller at http://www.concourstransport.com

Put them together and it all worked...and will continue to do so as long as the local dealers want to charge over MSRP...and that isn't going to stop. Classic MINI has more MCS production slots for October than MC slots, too

I'll even put it all together for you. I'm getting my second wind!

Charlie carolla@scu.edu

Old 09-02-2003, 04:50 AM
ticketgtr
2nd Gear
Just to put my 2 pennies in here -- We ordered our mini on Aug 7 from Mentor and got a production number and date while we were standing there. We worked with Dave not Julie --she does all their internet orders -- They are really really friendly folks. Was just up there on Friday to pick up goodies for the car --just to give FF a fix to keep him from spazzin out. I spoke privately to the parts dealer while Tim was tying mini parts on our motorcycle. Asked him if all prospective mini owners were this anxious and impatient. He just grinned and said that it is most definitely a condition that affects every single one of them. After having to pay full MSRB for the car -- it is kinda nice to get a 20% price break on our add-ons. Yeah, I know we could have them shipped to the house-- but then FF couldn't drool over the cars on the showroom floor!! So he orders em and then takes a leisurely drive up there -- now if he would just quit sobbin every time we have to drive away without his new car!! All the way home all I hear is "I want my mini, I want my mini!" Wish Oct would get here!!
Hey Charlie -- mentioned your bunch to the folks in the showroom -- you're famous!! Knew who ya all were right away!!