R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Pregnant Wife in a MINI?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2003, 04:56 PM
OKMini
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My wife delivered a beautiful baby girl on 10/28 and rode in the Mini the entire pregnancy. The safety ratings and crash stories I have read from owners on this site made me feel good about driving my family in a Mini

Old 11-07-2003, 05:04 PM
bonz
3rd Gear
OKMini,

Congrat on your new baby girl.

Peace Out

Old 11-08-2003, 12:42 AM
OctaneGuy
Vendor & Moderator :: MINI Camera and Video & c3 club forum
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
>>Sorry for the delayed post but we are expecting our first child 12/25 and depending on the mood of the expectant mother I will or will not drive her in the Mini. The only reason for this is with the sport suspension with 17" rims the ride is a little firm, and the roads are at times not the best in these northern NY towns. So to keep the peace when she is cranky we take any car but the Mini.
>>
>>We will definately be taking the Exployer home from the hospital after delivery !!!
>>
>>Peace Out
>>
>>PS. On another note....has anyone found any cool car seats for the Mini? Will be using Peg Perego Grey Primo Viaggio in our other cars but I have not found the perfect car seat for Greta(My Mini)

I'd have to say that there are 2 reasons why I'd pick the Peg Perego Primo Viaggio as the perfect MINI seat is because 1.) when you combine it with their Aria GM stroller which I think is the best stroller for the MINI, you got a convenient travel system combo that can't be beat. 2.) The Latch buckles are very easy and secure compared to other infant seats.

Old 11-08-2003, 12:43 AM
OctaneGuy
>>My wife delivered a beautiful baby girl on 10/28 and rode in the Mini the entire pregnancy. The safety ratings and crash stories I have read from owners on this site made me feel good about driving my family in a Mini

Congrats OkMini!!!! Wooohoooo!!!!!!

Old 11-09-2003, 07:08 AM
bonz
3rd Gear
>>>>Sorry for the delayed post but we are expecting our first child 12/25 and depending on the mood of the expectant mother I will or will not drive her in the Mini. The only reason for this is with the sport suspension with 17" rims the ride is a little firm, and the roads are at times not the best in these northern NY towns. So to keep the peace when she is cranky we take any car but the Mini.
>>>>
>>>>We will definately be taking the Exployer home from the hospital after delivery !!!
>>>>
>>>>Peace Out
>>>>
>>>>PS. On another note....has anyone found any cool car seats for the Mini? Will be using Peg Perego Grey Primo Viaggio in our other cars but I have not found the perfect car seat for Greta(My Mini)
>>
>>I'd have to say that there are 2 reasons why I'd pick the Peg Perego Primo Viaggio as the perfect MINI seat is because 1.) when you combine it with their Aria GM stroller which I think is the best stroller for the MINI, you got a convenient travel system combo that can't be beat. 2.) The Latch buckles are very easy and secure compared to other infant seats.
>>
>>

Old 11-09-2003, 12:18 PM
OctaneGuy
Np Bonz. Note, I have yet to find a rear facing infant seat that doesn't protrude far into the passenger seat back. The Peg Perego is no exception. However, I think that has more to do with safety and regulations on infant seats. While I haven't tried it, I would imagine, once the child is old enough that rear facing isn't necessary it will be less of a convenience issue. Especially once they get to the booster seat age--then Recaro or Graco all the way.

Old 11-09-2003, 06:01 PM
TimO'Fiji
1st Gear
>>Sorry for the delayed post but we are expecting our first child 12/25

Congratulations Bonz! My wife is due with our first on Christmas Eve. We will not be taking the Mini, as her sister will be riding with us too.

Maybe we should start an expectant fathers thread.

Old 11-09-2003, 06:06 PM
MaxaMini
4th Gear
For what it's worth I had my wife pregnant in our MINI. Or was it I had my pregnant wife in the MINI. Whatever.

Old 11-09-2003, 07:46 PM
OctaneGuy
>>For what it's worth I had my wife pregnant in our MINI. Or was it I had my pregnant wife in the MINI. Whatever.

CUTE, very cute! Heh heh.

Old 11-09-2003, 07:47 PM
OctaneGuy

>>Maybe we should start an expectant fathers thread.

Good idea! Let's start one.

Old 11-10-2003, 08:34 PM
bonz
3rd Gear
Thanks and congrats to all the expectant mothers and fathers to be. Looks like there will be some packed minis come the first of the year. Did I miss the expectant fathers thread?

Peace Out

Greta...DS "S", premium, cold, 17 inch Antera 309s, DSC, fogs, lapis blue leather, chrome mirrors, chrome interior trim rings, UUC Shift ****, Alpine 7998 Head-unit, Lightning Audio Storm 5.25 Components, 10" sub & 500 Watt amp, Rouge Cold Air Intak

Old 11-11-2003, 01:52 PM
OctaneGuy
>>Thanks and congrats to all the expectant mothers and fathers to be. Looks like there will be some packed minis come the first of the year. Did I miss the expectant fathers thread?
>>
>>Peace Out

Oh no, I was just late to get it going. It's HERE!