R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 OK, it's CR/W but what interior-antharcite or grey?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2003, 09:32 AM
merbel
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wrestled with the DS vs CR question and am heading down the red path. But had picked anthracite for the DS. Have seen both the grey (non alloy) and antracite in the reds and am torn there now. Feedback from any CR orderers/owners?

Old 10-31-2003, 09:41 AM
minihune
OVERDRIVE - Racing Champion
Received 69 Likes on 66 Posts
Generally anthracite is good no matter what but it is much darker in color-maybe a bit more durable than alloy patina and much more durable than silver.

Need more info from you-
What about door panel color preference- there is panther black and magnesium which is lighter grey (harder to keep clean).
What about seat cover choice?
Color of the floor mats?

CR has many options including all Red doors and floor mats with black or cordoba brown leather.
If I was ordering CR/W I'd consider anthracite, black door panels and cordoba leather seats or red cloth.

Old 10-31-2003, 10:01 AM
merbel
2nd Gear
Black panther leather seats. Don't really know what I speced with respect to door panels-didn't realize I had a choice. Was thinking going anthracite and dark panels.

Old 10-31-2003, 10:29 AM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
>>Black panther leather seats. Don't really know what I speced with respect to door panels-didn't realize I had a choice. Was thinking going anthracite and dark panels.<<

Welcome to NAMotoring, merbel! I have the anthracite, dark panels, and black panther leather seats...love 'em! My first Cooper had the silver dash and the anthracite is definitely more durable.

Congrats on choosing the CR. It's a beautiful color!

Cheers!
Clover

Old 10-31-2003, 10:33 AM
AZWilliam
3rd Gear
We a member in Arizona with a CR/B with a red interior. Awesome. Needs a volume control though.

Old 10-31-2003, 10:34 AM
minihune
OVERDRIVE - Racing Champion
Received 69 Likes on 66 Posts
>>Black panther leather seats. Don't really know what I speced with respect to door panels-didn't realize I had a choice. Was thinking going anthracite and dark panels.

Black leather is fine. So if you go anthracite and panther black door panels then it will be nice and dark. If you want to lighten it up a big then maybe colored floor mats-red? or if you really like red then red door panels are possible.
Ask your dealer what comes standard for door panel color with CR?

If you didn't want to pay extra for leather then the red clothe would be fine alternative. Seat covers are also an option later with any of these choices.

Old 10-31-2003, 11:05 AM
MrWhoa
3rd Gear
I have a CR/B with antharcite and space cloth. I love it, and get lots of ooohhss and ahhhhhsss when people see my interior.

Old 10-31-2003, 11:41 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
About all I can add to the discussion (...since my MINI is IB) is that a friend of mine ordered an all-Blk MCS but wanted a grey dash. When his MINI arrived, the dash was alloy patina. He was kinda bummed, but the dealer did a free tint job and he was happier. I guess the moral of the story is to double and triple check your order all the way through, especially if your crossing from standard MCS to standard MC options. Your MCS is gonna be awesome!!!

Old 10-31-2003, 12:31 PM
doomsdaybob
4th Gear
>>About all I can add to the discussion (...since my MINI is IB) is that a friend of mine ordered an all-Blk MCS but wanted a grey dash. When his MINI arrived, the dash was alloy patina. He was kinda bummed, but the dealer did a free tint job and he was happier. I guess the moral of the story is to double and triple check your order all the way through, especially if your crossing from standard MCS to standard MC options. Your MCS is gonna be awesome!!!
>>
>>_________________
>>'03 IB/W Cooper

He's right! Double check you order, my dealer almost forgot the antracite interior. I would have been p'd off because I think the anthracite is so much more durable and not as fake looking as the patina (Nothing wrong w/ those that have Patina, just not up to par for me.) and it looks sharp w/ my DS/B.

Old 10-31-2003, 12:33 PM
doomsdaybob
4th Gear
PS. Almost forgot, you can go to MiniUSA.com - when you configure a Mini it will show the difference between the different interior choices when you select them. Just go through different combo's til you find one you want. This is not photo quality but close enough to base a decision on.

Old 10-31-2003, 12:34 PM
GPW-Pat
2nd Gear
I have a DS/B mcs with anthracite and space cloth. I love it. I do with that I had gon with the red/white but ho well. I went with anthracite for durability purpaces. if I was going with any other color I would color match the dash to the car. it looks great but with ds anthracite is close. I just need to checker my roof to not look like all the other ds/b mini out there.

Old 10-31-2003, 01:57 PM
C4
Banned
I have the Anthracite trim in my new CR/W MCS. AVOID the Alloy Patina and Silver Trims at all costs. I am serious. The Patina and Silver both have paint peeling prone door panel pull tubes and dashboard down legs. No matter how careful you are, the cheesy silver paint will peel off in 6 months. Trust me I have a '02 Cooper with the Silver trim and the dealer had to refinish both door panels and dashboard downlegs with aftermarket stronger paint finish under warranty. It looks great now (Will post pics later) but the process wasn't fun and it was time consuming as they had to outsource the work to an outside auto interiors vendor.

Anthracite on the other hand will make your car look darker if you go with black panel and black seats but it looks classy and it is so much better quality over Patina and Silver it is unbelieveable! It does not peel like the other 2 trim options and it is more durable.