R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Obsessive Compulsives (when it comes to your MINI)

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2002, 12:49 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
DaveFrehley wrote There's only a couple people i'd trust with my baby! And they're all friend of mine that i have met through the forums! (MINIclo you're one of them!

Old 09-29-2002, 04:53 PM
Fooo
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man you guys scare me. I was hoping the obsessive behavior would go away once I take delivery in 5 months. It appears that even current owners have the problem though. It's just a vehicle! Or so my girlfriend tells me...

Old 09-29-2002, 05:59 PM
Bill
Neutral
Right on ficcion!! I wish the youg sales folks at Mini dealerships were more aware of the history of the Cooper. First rear engined F1 car, first owner Sterling Moss. Drivers, you want drivers? How about Jack Brabham, John Surtess, Jackie Stewart, Bruce MaClaren, etc, etc, etc....

I live in NJ and had business in Chicago 2 weeks ago. Did I fly, as I would have before my Cooper S? No. Motored.

As a life long sportscar guy, I long for that Ferrari, that Cobra, that Porche, that Gullwing, etc, etc, etc...., but since my MCS..... not interested. Nothing can come close. Now all I want is more of it, more , more , more!

Obcessed? You bet ya!!!

MCS, pure silver, sport and premium pkgs.

Remember, flash your headlights when you see a fellow Mini. It's a British Sports car tradition.

Old 09-29-2002, 06:00 PM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
GUILTY AND PROUD OF IT

What can I say. I'm busted. As the first name gobsmaked mentioned, I'm guilty. I know I'm guilty. There is nothing I can do about it except become more guilty. So there! :smile:
- Not only do I hang out on the MINI forums, but I'm representing the new MINI on VWVortex, showing up to local VW get togethers with my MINI (I also own... soon to be owned... a Jetta VR6).

...I could go on some more, but I think I have already proven my guilt beyond any reasonable doubt!

Old 09-29-2002, 06:15 PM
Bill
Neutral
Hey DaveInDenver, I also own a VR6. It's now up for sale. No desire to drive it at all anymore. Feels down right squishy through the twisty bits.

Old 09-29-2002, 06:16 PM
DaveFrehley
4th Gear
>>Wow, Dave! I'm so honored that you would trust Samantha with me! I only let my husband move MINIclo from the street to the driveway!
>>

I'd be too afraid to drive MINIclo! LMAO (besides..... i'd probably fail the mini quiz! ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!)

Old 09-29-2002, 06:19 PM
VerucaSalt
Coordinator :: Mid-Atlantic
Yes I am a Miniac (duh)....

Like many others on here I can be found on many forums.....here, Mini2, occasionally on Roadfly and 2 yahoo groups, one of which I started. I am L.Mini everywhere I go so you can't miss me. I have organized 2 meets thus far, and I am currently helping with a third for late October.
I also can be found on Vortex and ClubDub to represent Mini among the VW crowd (my boyfriend works for a VW performance shop that I am hoping I have convinced to start working with Minis too.....) and I can be found at VW shows and gtg's with the Mini as well...much like DaveInDenver....
In addition....I admit to having a pic of my Mini up in my cube at work.....I think I am the only person in the whole building that has a picture of their car on their desk.....
I don't need to explain any more....you all know how crazy I am about my car.....

Cheers!
L.Mini

Old 09-30-2002, 09:39 AM
KPiglet
3rd Gear
Ok...my obsessive behavior:
I have photos of MINIs all over my desk at work including my computer wallpaper and screensaver. I talk about her CONSTANTLY...people think I'm nuts! I've recorded all her major events (ie-first wash, first road trip, etc.) and I just bought a cell phone in bright red to match my MINI. Anytime someone notices and says "hey..your cell phone matches your car," I say, "that wasn't a coincidence!" lol!
It's been a little over a month since I've had her and I still check this site everyday and post because frankly, I'll never get tired of talking about my MINI!

Old 09-30-2002, 10:18 AM
JohnW
4th Gear
I have to admit I went one step beyond a photo on my desk at work... :smile: :smile: :smile:

Old 09-30-2002, 10:21 AM
VerucaSalt
Coordinator :: Mid-Atlantic
>>I have to admit I went one step beyond a photo on my desk at work... :smile: :smile: :smile:

I have one of those in my living room! I am too afraid to put it on my desk....the maintenance people at my work apparently like to steal stuff......

Old 09-30-2002, 10:47 AM
JohnW
4th Gear
You should take the model to your dealer and ask if they will install an alarm in a mini MINI ! :smile:

Old 09-30-2002, 12:36 PM
Newkevin
2nd Gear
Whew, do I feel better. :smile:

Motor On

MCS Drk Silver/Blk Sport/Perf and anything else I can think of!!

Old 09-30-2002, 01:43 PM
jsun
6th Gear
unfortunately, it may not get too much better once you get your car. And that's REALLY scary

Old 09-30-2002, 09:36 PM
Newkevin
2nd Gear
Yeah, probably so
and, I just re-read my own post.YIKES! I should spend a little more time proofreading my own stuff! I am spoiled by spell-check and grammer-check.

Old 09-30-2002, 11:12 PM
dandydan
2nd Gear
My wife thinks I went over the edge the night I stood in the garage doorway and sang Buster to sleep. She complains that I haven't done that to her once in 27 years. I peek at Buster several times a night----The garage door is right next the bathroom.
Also I failed to buget in car washs 2 to 3 times a week +all the detail goodies.I stop to clean off the rear end and brake dust if I drive across town.
I drove clear across town to the dealership at least once a week at first to scan MINI's before I got Buster. The obsession progressed to once a day and some times two times a day, even when closed.They said they should add a desk for me.I even watched the transport trucks unload the new incoming MINI's and would pump the lot boys for any new info.I'm still on the waiting list for another S. I think they sold me Buster just to get rid of me? It didn't work! I still go there at least once a week to buy toys or goodies and scan the incoming MINI's.
The obession list goes on and on, and would max out this posting site if my wife had at it.
And you thought you were nuts? There might be a market for MINI srinks if there is more like me? My wife wants to know if there is a MINIANON org. yet?

:smile: [img]null[/img]

Old 09-30-2002, 11:20 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

dandydan, I still like to go to the dealer AT LEAST once a week to see what's up! You are definitely at the right place, here on MCO! Glad to have another MINIac aboard! What region are you in? If in SoCal, join the SCMM (SoCal MINI Maniacs), a casual car club that CMINIGO & I & Jeanna have begun to organize. See ya!

Cheers!
Clover

Old 09-30-2002, 11:38 PM
dandydan
2nd Gear
I should have lost at least 10 lbs. by now. I haven't walked so much in all my life.I park waaaaaaaaaaaay out and seldom leave Buster out of my sight and must be seated within Buster's view when eating out.

Old 10-01-2002, 02:35 PM
mikegre
1st Gear
Rygold...
That was a great post...very funny....and all too true!

Old 10-01-2002, 04:32 PM
mikegre
1st Gear
Oh, and as for my mini obsession, while I'm waiting for delivery of my Jet Black Mini, I bought a little scale model. It was black with a white roof. So I bought a bottle of black paint and a tiny brush and painted it so it's all black. I feel so much better now.

Old 10-01-2002, 04:33 PM
mikegre
1st Gear
....and I'm 59 years old.

Old 10-04-2002, 01:50 PM
senna
Neutral
Maybe I'm the odd one out here. I love driving and looking at my MCS but I haven't named it and don't refer to it as him or her. I obsessively keep it clean and watch where I park it to avoid dings but I guess I don't exhibit the same excessive compulsive behavior as others.

Is it me?

Old 10-04-2002, 02:07 PM
Allybrit
2nd Gear
ok here goes.

1...scream loudly everytime I see a Cooper
2 Bought a tshirt in Burtons in UK with MIni Cooper on it, they are 12 quid, very cool.

Have Cooper on my desktop, wallpaper, and screensaver.

Bought a red/white Corgi model while I wait for the real thing.

When I found out Rooney was on the Don Juan, told everyone at work, "come on Rooney", mummy`s waiting.

Have a huge "reserve a spot in Ally`s car" list for other people who now think it is the coolest car around.

Am already planning the safest place to park in the work parking lot.

Shall I go on, I mean its ridiculous. I spend ages on here every day, at home and work reading this site, looking at google images, and just being very Cooper ****....

Old 10-04-2002, 02:20 PM
2minis
6th Gear
I guess I'm in this category since I'm in my secoond already.... :smile:.

Old 10-07-2002, 04:37 PM
Minigirl
3rd Gear
Sadly, I thought the obsession would get better once my MINI came home...much worse now. I am in my peak season at work and was working overtime every day. Now at exactly 4:00 I am climbing in Lucy to go motor. I only work 6 miles from home and in 3 weeks have 1500 miles on her. People ask me where I have driven and I don't really remember. I just know I always volunteer to drive any time we are going out to lunch etc. Oh well, she is my summer car and will be stored soon enough. Maybe then I can focus on other things...doubt it though.
My name is Holly and I am a MINIholic too.