R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Yaletown in Vancouver taking orders?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2002, 07:31 AM
PDX_Mini
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've seen a few posts fromsome of you regarding placing an order for an MCS with Yaletown and only having to wait 4 months or so. Is there waiting list really that short or were you on a "pre-order" list? I ordered my MINI in late August and it won't be here until July of '03. I live in Portland Oregon and head up to Whistler each January - might as well pick up a MINI on the way.

Thanks for the info -

Old 10-02-2002, 07:52 AM
billyg
3rd Gear
well i was at mini yaletownthis past weekend..and test drove a cooper "S" and then they gave me a cooper to drive the rest of the day, not sure if they let that happen for ever one, but i had flown in from Edmonton just to test drive the car..and made a weekend of it...it was the best time.

I ordered mine that day..no problem, i missed the production for october, so it will be built in november and delivery probably ealry january of 2003. Normally it would have been there mid late december, but with xmas holidays and all i shouldn't expect it until jan.

BTW you should talk to Marcel there, he was a super guy to deal with and gave a heck of a test drive in the "S"
They are a corporate store..so i don't think you would have any troubles there like some of the horror stories i have hard from alot of people from dealers throughout the states..

Chezzzy pezzy

Old 10-02-2002, 10:15 AM
PDX_Mini
4th Gear
Thanks for the info Chezzy. I called and they indeed have no waiting list, but what they do have is a non-export agreement so if they sold the car to a foreigner (me, a US Citizen), I would not be able to cross the border for a year!

I want my S and I want it now!

Old 10-02-2002, 08:07 PM
MINI-MadMan
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I had my MCS within 3 months from them. Of course I'm on the same side of the border as Mini-Yaletown. But I think there would be agreements of that nature for both sides of the border. Wouldn't there? "Step over to the dark side Luke." We're having a party up here, this side of the border. Guess that leaves more Mini's for the rest of us Canadians, eh? j/k. Hope you find something soon. A year seems wayyy to long to be waiting for a car, imo. I'd definitely look around some more.
Cheers,