R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 show me your modified mini's!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 05:47 PM
gothmdoc
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haters gonna hate, your car is tight... Adrenaline rush to the max I am sure.

Old 07-15-2011, 05:48 PM
gothmdoc
4th Gear
Originally Posted by maxmini
Well Said

Most would have not got past fabing up this slick shifter much less the rest of the car . Anonymous negative comments are the nature of the Internet and as you can tell of no real concern .

I'll even throw in a few shots of mine to give them more to work with Knock yourselves out

Randy
M7 tuning

Is this car NOS equipped?

Old 07-15-2011, 05:50 PM
onasled
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dennyc
Awesome car Onasled...
Thanks very much.

Old 07-15-2011, 05:50 PM
dennyc
1st Gear
Here is mine. Just bought it (for the gas mileage as the FJ was killing me as a daily driver). Always wanted one and finally picked it up in Chicago. The guy had done some work to it (lowered, blacked out, 15% pulley, exhaust) and I added a Dinan strut tower brace. Next is some new kicks for Black Betty and it'll be looking and handling better.

Old 07-15-2011, 05:52 PM
onasled
Banned
Haaa... just got past all those friggin gages and saw the barf bag! Too funny Randy!

Name:  P1040175.jpg
Views: 967
Size:  144.3 KB

Old 07-15-2011, 05:55 PM
onasled
Banned
Here is mine. Just bought it (for the gas mileage as the FJ was killing me as a daily driver). Always wanted one and finally picked it up in Chicago. The guy had done some work to it (lowered, blacked out, 15% pulley, exhaust) and I added a Dinan strut tower brace. Next is some new kicks for Black Betty and it'll be looking and handling better.

Like that! What year? Mine used to be all black. Plus I also had an FJ at the same time, but it was like a 1971. ;-)

Old 07-15-2011, 06:01 PM
dennyc
1st Gear
Originally Posted by onasled
Like that! What year? Mine used to be all black. Plus I also had an FJ at the same time, but it was like a 1971. ;-)
The mini is an 03, the FJ is an 07.

Still getting used to the whole front wheel drive thing. My cars have all been rear wheel (too fun to throttle steer!). So racing this should be a big change over a 3 ser.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:06 PM
Revolution Mini Works
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Really, thanks for the nice words guys.
I'll just say one (kinda long) thing, and then I want to let this thread continue with more sweet looking Minis. Those "haters" are of a group that most here already know, lead by their masterhater (haaa). Fact is that I personally built just about every single piece of this car. I was the first to really do a Mini of this magnitude, and I have to say that I am quite proud of it. See, I "build" cars, .. I fabricate, I wrench, I weld, I design, mold, paint and I innovate. So, it does NOT bother me when these particular "haters" make negative comments on the car as I know they have not the ability to even consider doing it themselves. There is no reason anyone should like how it looks, but the ones that know, know it goes a LOT deeper then looks. It's function over form when it comes to race cars, unless you have millions. :-)

Just to add, ..the car goes better then it looks. Right out of the shop, no adjustments, the car was the fastest on the track, every time it was on the track. Really, just two clicks on the rear rebound is all it needed! The car is scary fast, though power is not where I put my focus. The chassis is where I was able to do my work and it paid off. Talk about go kart! I truly wish I could offer you all a chance to take this nearly sub 2k lb mini around a track. Amazing. I'd love to see all your faces when you hopped out. Haa

So I do take pride that I was able to accomplish this. Just sayin.. ;-)
why don't we schedule a day at the Glen?

your race car against my street car..........should be easy pickins..........yours is scary fast...........right?

Old 07-15-2011, 06:06 PM
onasled
Banned
The mini is an 03, the FJ is an 07.

Still getting used to the whole front wheel drive thing. My cars have all been rear wheel (too fun to throttle steer!). So racing this should be a big change over a 3 ser.
Yep, mine started as an '03 also.
If and when you track it, you will have a huge smile on your face. I have never driven such a natural track car. Have a blast.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:08 PM
onasled
Banned
Originally Posted by Revolution Mini Works
why don't we schedule a day at the Glen?

your race car against my street car..........should be easy pickins..........yours is scary fast...........right?
Holy crap.... that was a great laugh. Thanks Jan!

Old 07-15-2011, 06:09 PM
wellzy
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Really, thanks for the nice words guys.
I'll just say one (kinda long) thing, and then I want to let this thread continue with more sweet looking Minis. Those "haters" are of a group that most here already know, lead by their masterhater (haaa). Fact is that I personally built just about every single piece of this car. I was the first to really do a Mini of this magnitude, and I have to say that I am quite proud of it. See, I "build" cars, .. I fabricate, I wrench, I weld, I design, mold, paint and I innovate. So, it does NOT bother me when these particular "haters" make negative comments on the car as I know they have not the ability to even consider doing it themselves. There is no reason anyone should like how it looks, but the ones that know, know it goes a LOT deeper then looks. It's function over form when it comes to race cars, unless you have millions. :-)

Just to add, ..the car goes better then it looks. Right out of the shop, no adjustments, the car was the fastest on the track, every time it was on the track. Really, just two clicks on the rear rebound is all it needed! The car is scary fast, though power is not where I put my focus. The chassis is where I was able to do my work and it paid off. Talk about go kart! I wish I could offer you all a chance to take it around a track. Amazing. I'd love to see all your faces when you hopped out. Haa

So I do take pride that I was able to accomplish this. Just sayin.. ;-)
So that is cool that you can build, and fab.

that being said, here is a test for you. you said you mold, what are the plates of a mold called? did you make the hole mold your self? how many tons did it take to injected?

you weld. great i like welding. what rod does one use to do a fast fill in farris metal. its easy!!! how do you do a vertical up?

so i amuse, you can run a jig mill, knee mill, plunge edm, wirer edm, 3,4,5 axis maching centers, tool grinders, surface grinder, bend break, laser,water jet, more or less take a detail and bring it from paper to hard tooling/part.

well can you!?

fyi i will no if you are blowing smoke i am a tool and die maker for the worlds largest weld comp.

Last edited by wandrur; 07-18-2011 at 10:23 AM. Reason: disrespectful comment removed
Old 07-15-2011, 06:13 PM
onasled
Banned
Originally Posted by wellzy
So that is cool that you can build, and fab.

that being said, here is a test for you. you said you mold, what are the plates of a mold called? did you make the hole mold your self? how many tons did it take to injected?

you weld. great i like welding. what rod does one use to do a fast fill in farris metal. its easy!!! how do you do a vertical up?

so i amuse, you can run a jig mill, knee mill, plunge edm, wirer edm, 3,4,5 axis maching centers, tool grinders, surface grinder, bend break, laser,water jet, more or less take a detail and bring it from paper to hard tooling/part.

well can you!?

fyi i will no if you are blowing smoke i am a tool and die maker for the worlds largest weld comp.
Awesome! I figure that you can do all that much better then me. Not even a close competion.

Last edited by wandrur; 07-18-2011 at 10:24 AM. Reason: quoted disrespectful comment removed
Old 07-15-2011, 06:15 PM
onasled
Banned
...holly crap...that some strange stuff. .... Oh well, looks like this thread will head to hell. Sorry all

Old 07-15-2011, 06:19 PM
wellzy
4th Gear
Onaslide

hell just for kicks i will rent nelsons ledges for a day, you can bring out that MAYTAG, we can go head to head or just run lap times, what ever you like.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:23 PM
wellzy
4th Gear
Awesome! I figure that you can do all that much better then me. Not even a close competion.
sorry i missed the part that you answered my questions.

that's right you don't know!!

Old 07-15-2011, 06:28 PM
dennyc
1st Gear
What is with all of the hatin' going on with this thread? This is the first one I've actually contributed to, but seems like people can't show their rides without people feeling like they have to puff up on them.

Are mini owners really usually this angry?

Old 07-15-2011, 06:29 PM
onasled
Banned
I don't remember challenging anyone, nor saying my car was "faster" then anyone's. What's with you? Oh, that's right, it's crucifying time. Another new Janboy I see. Christ, you guys come and go fast, I can't keep up. !

Last edited by wandrur; 07-18-2011 at 10:26 AM. Reason: disrespectful comment removed
Old 07-15-2011, 06:32 PM
onasled
Banned
What is with all of the hatin' going on with this thread? This is the first one I've actually contributed to, but seems like people can't show their rides without people feeling like they have to puff up on them.

Are mini owners really usually this angry?
Yea, it's unfortunate. Actually most threads are cool. Only when one has talks about performance does it seem to go south. Wierd.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:34 PM
dennyc
1st Gear
I don't remember challenging anyone, nor saying my car was "faster" then anyone's. What's with you? Oh, that's right, it's crucifying time. Another new Janboy I see. Christ, you guys come and go fast, I can't keep up. !
I don't think me liking your mini takes away from my love for mine at all, nor do I feel the need to challange you on your fab skills or to a race, but hey.... that's just me.

There are some interesting people lurking on this thread. LOL.

Last edited by wandrur; 07-18-2011 at 10:31 AM. Reason: quoted disrespectful comment removed
Old 07-15-2011, 06:39 PM
onasled
Banned
I don't think me liking your mini takes away from my love for mine at all, nor do I feel the need to challange you on your fab skills or to a race, but hey.... that's just me.

There are some interesting people lurking on this thread. LOL.
It's only Revolution Motor Works, Jan, that has a bad habit of challenging everyone to a race, or seems to feel that he needs to be the king of Minis. I think he has challenged most every track mini here to a race, but has yet to ever show up. That's why it's so funny when he does it once again here. Bizarre behavior.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:43 PM
dennyc
1st Gear
Interesting that Wellzy doesn't even have an pics in his gallery... Does he even have one? IDK. Whatever. Nice ride Onasled. I like it. If anyone wants to challange me or doesn't like my ride, then....well.... my life really doesn't change any. That is the good thing about being an adult.

BTW, I have no doubt yours is faster than mine, and ya know, I'm no less of a man for understanding that.... Again, the great thing about being an grown up I guess.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:44 PM
wellzy
4th Gear
Sorry for any bad tast. But for me I like it when someone says they can do this I would line them to be able to back it up. Getting Paper forms ones state is no laughing matter. When one clames to do things and cant answere the basci question that puts dought in there ability.

Ie your degree from collage would you like some one going on about it if they did not really have one. Wait I have one of thouse wright state unaversty geological sciences class of 1997.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:52 PM
dennyc
1st Gear
Originally Posted by wellzy
Sorry for any bad tast. But for me I like it when someone says they can do this I would line them to be able to back it up. Getting Paper forms ones state is no laughing matter. When one clames to do things and cant answere the basci question that puts dought in there ability.

Ie your degree from collage would you like some one going on about it if they did not really have one. Wait I have one of thouse wright state unaversty geological sciences class of 1997.
Were the spelling errors on purpose for humor? Just curious.

I must've missed the part where anyone said "I was the best welder in the world and everyone else sucks and isn't qualified". I'm sure more than one person in the world can weld and fab stuff. I'm not one of them, but I just couldn't figure out why you went off.

I do have a degree (actually a couple), but I'm not going to ask someone stat questions if they happen to mention they went to business school. Don't really see the point. You can be proud of your accomplishments [edited by moderator]. Just sayin'

Last edited by wandrur; 07-18-2011 at 10:29 AM. Reason: disrepectful comment removed
Old 07-15-2011, 06:54 PM
wellzy
4th Gear
Interesting that Wellzy doesn't even have an pics in his gallery... Does he even have one? IDK. Whatever. Nice ride Onasled. I like it. If anyone wants to challange me or doesn't like my ride, then....well.... my life really doesn't change any. That is the good thing about being an adult.

BTW, I have no doubt yours is faster than mine, and ya know, I'm no less of a man for understanding that.... Again, the great thing about being an grown up I guess.
Nice, I spend my time driving, fabing, and helpin people In my club. If you question my car? Ok cool look at the isuse of mc2 with the pub event it was out in April I beleave. My old msc is under the mark key. And that event rases money for kids that have nothing. About 5k.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:56 PM
gar23
2nd Gear
Children...Grow up seriously

Quick Reply: R50/53 show me your modified mini's!!!!!