R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 First Mini Some updates Iphone

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011 | 02:27 PM
pgrzes
|
2nd Gear
First Mini Some updates Iphone

Well I picked this up a couple weeks ago. I have since wrapped the Headlight rings, Grill, Gascap and Beltline. Did them during the hurricane. Today my Dice Media Bridge came in. Easy install, only had to pop off pass. side kick molding, and glovebox. Took about 1 1/2 hrs and 1 phone call to dice. I mounted a Proclip passthru holder. Now I just get in drop phone in and go. I can voice dial from contact list using steering wheel controls. Listen to my Sirius Iphone app, Tune in Radio app, Music or anything thru the bluetooth. Mounted the mic in the trim ring for a factory mic(Moved it to driver side) sound if pretty good while driving, I might cut the grill for the mic out and pop it down just a bit. But all in all pretty happy. Will update with any issues or good surprises.

Attached Thumbnails First Mini Some updates Iphone-img_0025.jpg   First Mini Some updates Iphone-img_0026.jpg   First Mini Some updates Iphone-img_0036.jpg  
Old 08-29-2011 | 03:38 PM
carramrod
1st Gear
Where did you mount the actual MediaBridge module? I have the one that connects to the trunk connection, so I'll be running the cable to the front and then mounting the module somewhere up front. Haven't taken a MINI interior apart before, so it should be a learning experience

Old 08-29-2011 | 03:55 PM
pgrzes
|
2nd Gear
No need to take anything apart. Get a metal coat hanger, pull it out straight. If you pull the rubber molding from the lower rear passenger side up all the way to the top of the windshield piller, then pull up the front lower edge of the rear elbow rest you can push the hanger thru to where the cable plugs in to the cd changer plugs in and pull cable forward. Then run cable along the rocker panel you can pull it(rocker) out but you dont have to. Then remove glove box I bundled the wires up and pushed them down into the kick panel, plugged everything into the box, slid that down into the kick panel and wire tied it in tight, run the Iphone cable across to the center and down thru a slot in the lower center access panel so there is only enough to plug into the cradle. Ran the mic wire up the pillar to the mic grate in the sunroof trim. I switched the grate to the drivers side, and the switch over to the pass side. Was a really simple install, if you need any help please email me off line. pgrzes@comcast.net