R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Any MCS's in stock in the Southeast?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2002 | 06:37 AM
friedduck
|
4th Gear
Well, I need to get a car before the end of the year, and the two local dealerships in Atlanta both still have no stock of S's. :???: (Odd that there are parts of the country report having MCS's that aren't spoken for.)

It's a long shot, but are there other dealerships in the Southeast with stock? TN, SC, etc?

Thanks in advance for any help, and let me take the opportunity to say that both Global and Hank Aaron have been great to deal with. I only with they'd ordered fewer regular coopers and more S!

Jeff

Old 10-17-2002 | 06:40 AM
2minis
6th Gear
Talk to Opie at Ferman Mini. Tell em Mike from
St. Pete told you to call. There is a link to their
website from mine here.
I think they may have a couple of 2002s.
BTW Palm Harbor, FL.

Size matters!!!!!!

Old 10-17-2002 | 07:02 AM
kesh420
4th Gear
I would stay as far away from Ferman as possible unless you like to be treated like crap.

I bought my MCS from Ferman and they went out of their way to give horrible service !

I even sent registered letters to the Ferman GM and got no response. Finally I went into the dealer and asked if the GM had been on vacation for the past 3 weeks. Only then did I get to speak to a mgr and the GM. I told

They have the monopoly in the area and they know it. They treat their customers like crap and if you're a Tampa Bay Mini owner you have to work with them b/c they are the only ones in the area. They act like they are doing you a favor and you have to work on their terms or leave !

Don't even go there unless you like being angry.

Kesh420@yahoo.com :evil:

Old 10-17-2002 | 07:11 AM
2minis
6th Gear
There is always one unhappy camper... I bought 2 Coopers from them w/o any problems. Service is great as well.

Old 10-17-2002 | 07:29 AM
SpawnMCS
Neutral
Last time I checked, MINI of Charleston in SC had a couple of MCS models avaiable. Check them out at charlestonmini.com

Old 10-17-2002 | 07:38 AM
kesh420
4th Gear
2Mini's..... I never owned a PT Cruiser nor do I like them. My last car was a VW GTI VR6.

Why don't you read the dealer ratings section of this website on Ferman. I'm not the only one that has had terrible service.

Maybe the key to success at Ferman is that you have buy 2 at a time to be treated like a human.

Kesh

Old 10-17-2002 | 07:45 AM
futruemini
2nd Gear
According to their website, Braman in Palm Beach, FL has 4 in stock and they are selling them at MSRP (or possibly less):

Here's their website:

http://dealers.autotrader.com/BRAMANMINI/

Old 10-17-2002 | 07:53 AM
friedduck
|
4th Gear
Thanks guys for all the replies! Keep them coming if you know of any others. I'm going to start checking these out.

As for the negative/positive experiences with a dealer, I'm pretty picky about customer service, and if I'm getting the runaround (adding silly features or asking for premiums) I'll shop elsewhere. There are too many great cars on the market these days to put up with that. (And have these guys seen the economic reports lately?! An ounce of humility will help them in the future!)

I really appreciate the help,

Jeff

Old 10-17-2002 | 08:21 AM
futruemini
2nd Gear
Jeff,

Good luck on your search. I believe that Braman site is pretty up-to-date because I checked it twice in one week and the inventory list had actually changed.

I used to live in Atlanta. My wife and I lived in the Vinings area right near Paces Ferry Rd and the perimeter. We live in Dallas, TX now. I like ATL much better. People and drivers are much friendlier in ATL.

Old 10-17-2002 | 09:13 AM
jsun
6th Gear
Friedduck, let us know what you find out about Braman. From their site, it does look like they may be selling below MSRP...and if that's true, it'll be a first for any dealer (as far as I know at least). It may be that they tack on "options" that raise the actual price...and if that's so, then their prices are not really all that good.

Back when I joined this site about 6 months ago, there were several threads discussing how long it would be before people were able to buy MINIs "off the lot" and/or at below MSRP. And while it has nothing to do with how I enjoy my car (which is LOTS ) it is interesting to track just how difficult or not they are to get.

Old 10-17-2002 | 01:13 PM
2minis
6th Gear
I just got back from Ferman....their phones are out..hit by lightning yesterday. Scheduled routine service for "Coop" on Tuesday which I don't call bad service. :smile:
They do add the Autobahn(I think) on all cars. After having it, I don't think I'll get a car without it again.

Old 10-17-2002 | 01:14 PM
2minis
6th Gear
>>2Mini's..... I never owned a PT Cruiser nor do I like them. My last car was a VW GTI VR6.
>>
>>Why don't you read the dealer ratings section of this website on Ferman. I'm not the only one that has had terrible service.
>>
>>Maybe the key to success at Ferman is that you "have buy 2" at a time to be treated like a human.

Size matters!!!!!!

Old 10-17-2002 | 02:01 PM
C4
Banned
Frieduck:
Try contacting Crystal Neagle or Larry Bonito at Lauderdale MINI in Ft Lauderdale, FL.
I don't know whether they have any new MCS in stock, but I think it is worth the try.

These people are great to deal with, extremely honest and professional. They sell new MINIs at $299 over MSRP with no required mandatory packages or other junk. Braman MINI and South Motors MINI in Miami do require the purchase of $2K worth of mandatory options. Lauderdale MINI does not.

Give them a call: (954)335-MINI (335-6464)

Good luck!.

Old 10-17-2002 | 08:54 PM
multipurpose
2nd Gear
Last I heard, Lauderdale had a waiting list of 6-8 months, but that was about a month ago, so who knows?

I like Ferman, it's worth a call.

Old 10-18-2002 | 02:38 AM
Cooperman
3rd Gear
Hey Jeff,
Mini of Nashville had more S's than Coopers a month ago on the lot, for sale. I ended up with a Cooper, but had a wide variety to choose from, in both models. They also have a strong website, allowing you to view each car's description (No Pics.) I did this the night before I arrived there, and the lot was "as advertised". The down side is to all of this is that every car sells for more than the sticker, and they encourage buyers to order. I could not wait, and ended up paying the True Market Value, but Love My Cooper.
Jim

Old 10-18-2002 | 11:17 AM
skier-clay
1st Gear
I just spoke with Martha Crosby at Charleston MINI about the MCS I have ordered and she mentioned that they have 4 MCS's available in differing configurations. She mentioned 2 dark grays specifically. They are nice people to deal with. Her direct number is (843) 402-6301. Good luck.

Old 10-18-2002 | 06:07 PM
Mardav
2nd Gear
>>Well, I need to get a car before the end of the year, and the two local dealerships in Atlanta both still have no stock of S's. :???: (Odd that there are parts of the country report having MCS's that aren't spoken for.)
>>
>>It's a long shot, but are there other dealerships in the Southeast with stock? TN, SC, etc?
>>
>>Thanks in advance for any help, and let me take the opportunity to say that both Global and Hank Aaron have been great to deal with. I only with they'd ordered fewer regular coopers and more S!
>>
>>Jeff
Hi Jeff,
Just read your post. Downtown Mini in Orlando has some MCS' in stock and they treated me great! Mike Torre is the manager...Good Luck

Old 10-18-2002 | 06:48 PM
friedduck
|
4th Gear
Thanks guys. I talked with Greenville, SC today. No MCS's and only one cooper on the lot. Nashville had one S--a BRG with sport and premium packages and white top/bonnet stripes. She didn't think it had leather but she wasn't sure.

I appreciate all the leads. I'm following up on the rest of them tomorrow & I'll let you know what happens. Maybe a new cooper in the family!

Jeff

Old 10-19-2002 | 03:00 PM
carnellm
1st Gear
I just found out that in addition to some others available, there is a British Racing Green 2003 (!) Cooper S available on the lot at MINI of Charleston. Full contact info for them is available on my MINI's site.

And, anybody in the area, don't forget that next weekend, Saturday the 26th, is the 18th annual British Car Day. Hosted by the British Car Club of Charleston, it will be at Patriots Point. Again, more info on my site.