R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Dilema....PLEASE HELP...All you yellow mini's need your help

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 08:48 PM
tomgirl
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Evening! I ordered my yellow cooper tonight. In my mind it's becoming brighter and brighter....I am starting to second guess my loooooong thought out decision...I have wanted every color besides gold. Please, please, please all you Yellow mini owners...how bright is the yellow? I have not seen one in person...The pictures vary so much that I don't know if it's a pale yellow or a florescent highlighter color....I love the pale...not the highlighter! At first all the pictures I saw were of the paler color, but tonight I'm looking at photo's from others and it is looking extremely bright...please help! Is it really that bright???

Old 04-19-2004, 09:08 PM
XAlfa
Banned
No, it's not very bright. Kind of a cross between Jaguar "primrose" and Ferrari "fly". Don't worry.

And it's d-i-l-e-m-m-a.

Old 04-19-2004, 09:19 PM
Antranik
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah it's not bright or pale at all either. It's really well done, it's like a bananas color.

What'd you get, a White/Black/Yellow roof? And congrats, it's neat cause I rarely see yellows!

Old 04-19-2004, 09:29 PM
C4
Banned
>>Good Evening! I ordered my yellow cooper tonight. In my mind it's becoming brighter and brighter....I am starting to second guess my loooooong thought out decision...I have wanted every color besides gold. Please, please, please all you Yellow mini owners...how bright is the yellow? I have not seen one in person...The pictures vary so much that I don't know if it's a pale yellow or a florescent highlighter color....I love the pale...not the highlighter! At first all the pictures I saw were of the paler color, but tonight I'm looking at photo's from others and it is looking extremely bright...please help! Is it really that bright???

It is more like a "lemonish" tone it...you'll like it. Is not the "In your face" yellow of a Honda S2000 roadster. Liquid Yellow is not very common and it is a very nice combo, specially with white roof. I would add a checkerboard roof decal to spruce it up a bit.

LY was my "other" choice aside from CR, but in the end Chili Red was a much better fit for me....Red is a fast color and very MINI.

Congrats on your order! Don't think too much about the color just because you'll never be able to make up your mind...just stick to yellow and enjoy it when it arrives....CASE CLOSED!

Old 04-19-2004, 09:45 PM
ylwjkt
3rd Gear
It is NOT a Mitsubishi 3000GT Martinique Yellow Pearl pale-type yellow, nor is it Ford Canary yellow. It is a just-right yellow. Apply several coats of polish and then a coat of glaze, and the yellow will become even deeper.

Old 04-19-2004, 09:46 PM
10851CS
Former Vendor
>>Good Evening! I ordered my yellow cooper tonight. In my mind it's becoming brighter and brighter....I am starting to second guess my loooooong thought out decision...I have wanted every color besides gold. Please, please, please all you Yellow mini owners...how bright is the yellow? I have not seen one in person...The pictures vary so much that I don't know if it's a pale yellow or a florescent highlighter color....I love the pale...not the highlighter! At first all the pictures I saw were of the paler color, but tonight I'm looking at photo's from others and it is looking extremely bright...please help! Is it really that bright???

I have a LY/B MCS and I LOVE it. I picked it up one year ago today. It looks so good and all I can say is go look at some in the dealer's lots. Where are you located?

Earl

Old 04-19-2004, 09:55 PM
Phobol
4th Gear
Almost two years i spent staring at my LY/B and it's never too bright.. Perhaps not bright enough sometimes... But i deal with it... The only color for me! (well, perhaps PW/B, but that's a whole other story)

Congrats!

Old 04-19-2004, 10:19 PM
buz
3rd Gear
All right tomgirl. You will love LY and all of its subtleties. To me, the white top softens the LY affect, black strengthens the color, and LY/LY glistens. All are wonderful combinations with or without the subroof. Color is a personal choice and you did wonderfully well.

Old 04-20-2004, 05:56 AM
WannaMini_
6th Gear
The demo car at Classic was yellow, and it is a very NICE yellow. Like everyone before me has said. THe one pic in that one signature is a great representation of the color of the car.

I don't think you responded what color top you got?

Old 04-20-2004, 06:25 AM
BSUCardinalfan
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
After the Flow MINI rally this past weekend, I think I decided that my favorite combinations of color are LY/Black or Pepper White/Black, both with stripes and aero kit. And then add graphite colored wheels, and WOW!

I originally wanted LY/Black with aero kit, but my wife talked me out of it. I do really like Green though!

Old 04-20-2004, 06:32 AM
tomgirl
2nd Gear
The car is Mini Cooper is LY/Black roof. It has all three pacakges, chrome

bumpers and the HK upgrade. I would have had to wait a possilbe two months for

another car. I wanted the three packages and the bumpers and HK happens to be

on this car.

My other cars have been light and I've blended in. Perhaps, living in a the armpit

of America, I know people will know my every move. Oh well, I guess since there

are only two other Minis around here, it wouldn't matter what color is was.

Old 04-20-2004, 06:38 AM
tomgirl
2nd Gear
The car is Mini Cooper is LY/Black roof.

Sorry ^^^^^^^^

The car is a Mini Cooper and it's LY/BL.

Old 04-20-2004, 06:50 AM
MiniChristina
4th Gear
Hi Tomgirl,

I think the liquid yellow is bright.... but completely perfect for a MINI. I saw one driving on the expressway once and I thought it looked like a sports car. I agree with the poster above... it's a pale yellow... and I actually like it best with the black roof. I think it deepens the color a tad.

Did you order it? or were you lucky enough to find one?

:smile:

Old 04-20-2004, 07:01 AM
tomgirl
2nd Gear
>>Hi Tomgirl,
>>
>>I think the liquid yellow is bright.... but completely perfect for a MINI. I saw one driving on the expressway once and I thought it looked like a sports car. I agree with the poster above... it's a pale yellow... and I actually like it best with the black roof. I think it deepens the color a tad.
>>
>>Did you order it? or were you lucky enough to find one?
>>
>> :smile:

MiniC.-

I sold my car and I'm without a car, so I can't really wait for 2 months. The dealer

can get this car in a week. It is an automatic, also. I am crossing my fingers that I

made the right choice.

Old 04-20-2004, 07:20 AM
MiniChristina
4th Gear
You did make the right choice... Congratulations... You will love it!

Old 04-20-2004, 07:28 AM
tomgirl
2nd Gear
Thanks, MiniC-

Is the HK upgrade worth the $$$$

Old 04-20-2004, 08:40 AM
Agro
Coordinator :: Sin City MINI Club & AMVIV
Tomgirl, the LY is the only colour I really considered when I was ordering. I also got LY/B and love it. The yellow is a similar shade to a "normal" post-it note. I would have made it brighter myself, but it looks REALLY good IMHO.
Enjoy your new car!

Old 04-20-2004, 10:26 AM
MiniChristina
4th Gear
Tomgirl,

I think the HK is great. I added it to both my MINIs. Others will disagree... but for $550, it's amazing!!!

Old 04-20-2004, 10:43 AM
winechic
4th Gear
Tomgirl-
I just ordered LY/Blk as well. I was really questioning the decision for the same reason. Lucky for me I know someone with almost the exact specs I orded and I went to chek it out the other day. The LY is just a hair darker, or brighter, than a post it note yellow. It's like a deep chardonnay to my eyes. I just love it!!!

I have heard that the HK system is worth it, and hey, why not!

Where exactly is the "armpit of America"?

Old 04-20-2004, 11:34 AM
tomgirl
2nd Gear
>>Tomgirl-
>>I just ordered LY/Blk as well. I was really questioning the decision for the same reason. Lucky for me I know someone with almost the exact specs I orded and I went to chek it out the other day. The LY is just a hair darker, or brighter, than a post it note yellow. It's like a deep chardonnay to my eyes. I just love it!!!
>>
>>I have heard that the HK system is worth it, and hey, why not!
>>
>>Where exactly is the "armpit of America"?

Indiana

Old 04-20-2004, 01:06 PM
winechic
4th Gear

>>>>
>>>>Where exactly is the "armpit of America"?
>>
>>
>>

Old 04-20-2004, 02:56 PM
Koopah
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Here are some LY/W shots of Koopah --

And the interior with some Wet Okole seat covers --

Good Luck,

Theo

Old 04-20-2004, 03:38 PM
resmini
6th Gear
Koopah,

Beautiful car, LY/W is definately one of my favorites. Love the seatcovers too, they look like were original equipment in the car. Only thing I'd do different is get rid of the clear tail lights. Just me, but I've yet to see a tail light that could improve on the red ones that come with the car.

Thanks for the nice pictures.

R.E.

Old 04-20-2004, 04:11 PM
tomgirl
2nd Gear
You do have a pretty car!!! Thanks for sharing them!

Old 04-20-2004, 05:00 PM
Koopah
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
>>{snip}
>>Only thing I'd do different is get rid of the clear tail lights. Just me, but I've yet to see a tail light that could improve on the red ones that come with the car.
>>{snip}

I know what you mean. Koopah was originally to be DS/W and we changed to LY/W. The clears looked really nice on the DS/W so we left them in the order. I'm debating whether to put the reds back in but it's so low on the priority list!

I do like the seat covers. They are cloth covered neoprene and come in a whole bunch of colors. Wet Okole had three shades of yellow to choose from (fyi-- the covers I went with are yellow #320). There are also cutouts in the area for the side airbags which works out quite well with the overall design.

By the way, regarding the popularity of MCS colors...

In a thread on MINI2, owners on MCSs reported the body/roof color combo that they had purchased. There were 3200 respondents. I did a quick analysis of the color stats and there are some suprising results regarding Dark Silver. The thread can be found below:

Analysis of Body/Roof Color Poll

FWIW,

Theo

Quick Reply: R50/53 Dilema....PLEASE HELP...All you yellow mini's need your help