R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Ordering tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2002, 09:38 PM
SB
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm finally going to take the plunge and get me a MCS. I can't go a day without thinking MINI even though I rarely see one in my area. I've have only seen 2 in my area, north Alabama around Huntsville. I'll be getting it at Mini of Nashville which is only about 90 miles away. So far they have been very helpful on the phone and the one time I was there.

I was told that all I needed to order was give them the $1,000 and I guess an options list. I'm not wanting any packages or large wheels, just a plain BRG/B MCS with one option. This option may be a problem though. I would like to have the 5 star wheels that are the upgrade on the MC. In the MINI brochure it shows the 5 star wheels listed as an option for the MCS under the visual description of the wheels. The problem is that the options list in the brochure and online do not show these as an option for the MCS. The sales person said they would check but I would like to know if anyone has the 5 star wheels on the MCS from the dealer. I would not like to get there and the sales person being to rushed to actually check for me, tell me no anyway.

I may not need to worry about that tomorrow as I am not really sure of the ordering process. They do say it will be February when it is delivered so I don't know if they actually need my options yet. Is there any advice for what to do when ordering? Maybe even what is a good sleeping bag that will keep me comfortable on the Mini showroom floor until February.

Oh and I already have a name for it. Norbert. For those that have read or watched Harry Potter, Norbert was the Hagrids dragon. I just thought it was a fitting name for a BRG MCS. :smile:

Old 11-01-2002, 09:53 PM
ArmyDog
Coordinator::Asia
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats!

I in fact just spoke to my dealer....which is 5 minutes walking distance from my home....that my Mini which I ordered on 24 Oct will be in the Dec production. The car should be here in Korea in Mid Feb and not Late Feb as we thought.

I can't stand the waiting.

Old 11-01-2002, 09:55 PM
sndwave
Coordinator :: Gulf Coast & Panhandle MINIs
Unless things have changed since I ordered my MCS, you can change your mind on ANY option or item up to the date your "Norbert" goes into production. Get your name on the list is the important part if you want one. Then you can sit back and look over all the options you may want. I changed my order with the dealer a few times before the production started. As for the 5 star wheels, I don't know. Will you pass up the MINI you seem to want if you can't get the wheels?

Old 11-01-2002, 10:01 PM
SB
6th Gear
Thanks for the quick replies. There is nothing more exciting than getting something sooner than expected dufrinr. Sndwave I'll still order but I like the look of those. If they want a price close to those of the 17's then I may go with them. The standard MCS wheels look good, I just like the 5 spokes more. Plus they look easier to clean.

Old 11-01-2002, 10:15 PM
sndwave
>>If they want a price close to those of the 17's then I may go with them. The standard MCS wheels look good, I just like the 5 spokes more. Plus they look easier to clean.

If your getting the tires/wheels as part of a "package" you will have to pay extra for the wheels. ordering my MCS and getting the sport package, I asked if I could get 16 inch tires/wheels instead of the 17's; They said no unless I wanted to pay extra for the tires/wheels. This kind of defeats the "all in one cost" of a package. I went with the 17's.

Old 11-01-2002, 10:30 PM
SB
6th Gear
I see. Maybe they can work something out. If not I'll still be just as excited about Norbert. I don't think I have been this excited for something since I was a teenager getting my first car. :smile:

Old 11-01-2002, 10:41 PM
sndwave
With a waiting line around the door, don't expect "them" to make you a deal.

Old 11-02-2002, 12:03 AM
rfibanez
Banned
My cooper came with the 7 hole wheels and I really like 5 star wheels, does anyone know if the dealer sells them?

Old 11-02-2002, 06:45 PM
SB
6th Gear
rfibanez I asked while I was ther today. The sales lady that helped me today guessed that the dealer would sell the 5 spoke rims for about $150 each. Don't quote that price from me because she wasn't sure of the exact price herself because she was too busy to ask.

Old 11-02-2002, 07:07 PM
AUsomTiger
1st Gear
I'm also in the Huntsville, AL area and put in my order for a MCS with MINI of Nashville last week. I'm looking at a January production date with February delivery. My current config has BRG/W, but now I have even more justification to change it to IB/W. I was told I would probably finalize my order the first week of December.

I've only seen one MCS in town so far. Electric Blue.

The R90 wheels are $395/ea at MINI of Nashville. They might buy back the original 17"s, but don't expect a good price (I got an estimate of $500 for the them). Not sure what the 5-spokes run. I may pass on the wheeels and add the driving lights and clear taillights.

At least I've got a month to figure it out!

AUsomTiger