R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Just ordered 05 Cooper

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 03:36 PM
Tomslick
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KC
OK Gang...

I Live in the Pacific NW and am willing to make a road trip of it if worth it to get a "fair" price from the right dealer somewhere other than the Seattle area. Any advice, recommendations or encouragement will be appreciated and provide good karma.

KC
Jackie Cooper MINI in Oklahoma City sells MCS's at MSRP and sometimes has a couple in stock. If what's in stock doesn't suit you they also usually have some on the way that aren't too far out and aren't spoken for yet.

Last edited by Tomslick; 06-26-2004 at 04:15 PM.
Old 06-26-2004, 06:30 PM
boilermini
2nd Gear
I just e-mailed my dealer this am! I didn't know they were taking orders for 05 already. I'm such a slacker . I'm undecided on colors. I have an 03 DS/W that I just waxed, and I have to admit I really love this combo. However, it is becoming a little too common for my uncommon tastes.

I'm kicking around the idea of the "new" black w/W and bonnet strips. I've never seen black with white bonnets in person or in picture. Does anyone have pics of this combo? Any suggestions appreciated.

Old 06-26-2004, 07:43 PM
2005LY
3rd Gear
Just ordered mine today at Motorwerks MINI in Minneapolis/Edina! SO excited.

Hoping for one of the last September delivery dates, but I wasn't guaranteed anything. I just hope I get my production number before my birthday in about 2 weeks. That would be a great present.

Old 06-26-2004, 09:21 PM
TrixienSpeed
1st Gear
Mlebeau, we did have to pay $995 over MSRP, but the dealer throws in car mats, wheel locks and fabric protector. I am sure we could get all of that for a nominal fee, but we also get a Mini in eight weeks, so the price is worth it. When you look at the overall price, you can't beat a car like the Mini for the low $20,000's. Remember you will have to pay for shipping on top of your MSRP if you go out of state, so you just about break even going through Niello. Since we live only 40 miles from Niello it just makes sense for us to go through them.
Oh by the way, we received our Production number on the 24th and when I logged into MINIUSA today we are already in their system, and the information is accurate. Now we just wait to find out our production week.

Old 06-27-2004, 10:24 AM
CSW
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by boilermini
I just e-mailed my dealer this am! I didn't know they were taking orders for 05 already. I'm such a slacker . I'm undecided on colors. I have an 03 DS/W that I just waxed, and I have to admit I really love this combo. However, it is becoming a little too common for my uncommon tastes.

I'm kicking around the idea of the "new" black w/W and bonnet strips. I've never seen black with white bonnets in person or in picture. Does anyone have pics of this combo? Any suggestions appreciated.
I got "The Call" yesterday afternoon that we can have a July build if we spec it out by 5 pm today! Only problem - husband in San Francisco at Grateful Dead concert and incommunicado! My son, who's car this will be after we break it in, wants black/white with bonnet stripes. We saw one in CA and it was gorgeous! We don't see a lot of black here in the desert because they DO get dusty, but when they are clean they are very classy. We keep a California Duster and use it regularly on our black Infiniti. I'd say go for it, boilermini!

Now, can someone tell me if I dare place the order on my own or risk waiting another month

Old 06-27-2004, 10:44 AM
Chief_Charlie
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Making a Decision

CSW,

Pepper White with a Black roof is a great color combination. We bought that combo for my mother-in-law's MC with CVT (no stripes). Don't worry about the stripes. They're vinyl, so you can always peel them off after delivery if you don't want them; or they can be added at the dealer at the time of delivery. No big deal.

The dealer may be putting too much pressure on you for a decision today. Ask him/her what the production status of the car is. If it's at 112, there may be some urgency; if not, there's a few days to decide in case you're worried about making the wrong choice before your husband arrives home.

(go to www.mini2.com and look at their FAQ's about production and delivery. There's a great "tutorial" about the different stages of production. Once the car reaches 150, you can't make changes.)

As for a black roof in a dusty area, I'd recommend using RejeX as a polish on the roof. (It works great on wheels too for brake dust issues) It's a polymer that was designed to keep exhaust products from the engines of military helicopters from sticking to the sides of the chopper. It works great. A couple of coats on the black roof---or the whole car--works wonders in preventing dust and dirt from sticking to the paint. Do a Google search to find it for sale. It's made by Corrosion Technologies in Texas and retails for $20 for a 16 oz bottle.

Good Luck

Charlie

Old 06-27-2004, 11:27 AM
CSW
2nd Gear
Hi Charlie,

Thanks for the good advice! Luckily my husband was able to get an earlier flight back so we will be able to go to the dealer this afternoon (it's nice to be 3 miles away!). I will be asking questions about the urgency of the order. All I was told was that some things had shifted around and we could get the July build if we did it today, but Monday would be too late.

I will definitely be getting some RejeX. I know what a problem brake dust is which is why we've been hesitant to get white wheels. I do appreciate the tip!

And if we have to wait until August build well, that's one less month of
motoring fun and one more of this awful waiting. Does absence really make the heart grow fonder?
Candy

Old 06-28-2004, 09:32 AM
winechic
4th Gear
place the order you still can make changes until it goes into production.

I'm behind, should have finished reading befor offering my $.02. So, what did you decide?
Originally Posted by CSW
I got "The Call" yesterday afternoon that we can have a July build if we spec it out by 5 pm today! Only problem - husband in San Francisco at Grateful Dead concert and incommunicado! My son, who's car this will be after we break it in, wants black/white with bonnet stripes. We saw one in CA and it was gorgeous! We don't see a lot of black here in the desert because they DO get dusty, but when they are clean they are very classy. We keep a California Duster and use it regularly on our black Infiniti. I'd say go for it, boilermini!

Now, can someone tell me if I dare place the order on my own or risk waiting another month

Last edited by winechic; 06-28-2004 at 09:36 AM.
Old 06-28-2004, 10:51 AM
CSW
2nd Gear
Well, DH got an early flight home and we made it to the dealer at 4pm. Went ahead and got the MCS jet black/white roof and mirrors, white bonnet stripes,anthracite, HK, DSC, Xenon, MFS (I think that's all!). We should hear today if we got a July or August date.

Our MA advised we get the DSC so we did. Anyone have any feedback on this? Since the car will be going to a 16 year old driver next year we thought it was a good idea. We don't get a lot of rain here, but when it does the streets are treacherous because of oil buildup. It's supposed to help with that.

Anyway, slept well last night which is a good sign. I'm so excited that we've finally got the order in! Will be tracking progress with all you others expecting the new 05's!!!

Old 06-28-2004, 11:13 AM
winechic
4th Gear
Originally Posted by CSW
Well, DH got an early flight home and we made it to the dealer at 4pm. Went ahead and got the MCS jet black/white roof and mirrors, white bonnet stripes,anthracite, HK, DSC, Xenon, MFS (I think that's all!). We should hear today if we got a July or August date.

Our MA advised we get the DSC so we did. Anyone have any feedback on this? Since the car will be going to a 16 year old driver next year we thought it was a good idea. We don't get a lot of rain here, but when it does the streets are treacherous because of oil buildup. It's supposed to help with that.

Anyway, slept well last night which is a good sign. I'm so excited that we've finally got the order in! Will be tracking progress with all you others expecting the new 05's!!!
There are several threads on the DSC, so you can get the tech info on it and the opinions of many here at NAM. That said, I think it is a very good idea for a 16 year old driver. These little cars are zippy and short so a fairly expieriance driver can find themself in a wierd situation really quick, just imagine a 16 year old. Great choice IMHO.

Off topic, I'm gonna be in the Pheonix/Scottsdale area next week. So what's fun to do there and can you recomend any good resurants?

Old 06-28-2004, 02:44 PM
CSW
2nd Gear
Winechic-

Let me know where you are staying and what type of things you like to do. There are a multitude of great restaurants depending on what you like - Southwestern? Mexican? Thai? Italian? Expensive or inexpensive? Do you like shopping, laying by the pool, spa, museums? Send me a private message and I'll tell you what I can.

A good thing to know for packing - it's hot (DUH!) and everything is casual here.

Candy