R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 We have lift off!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2002, 10:41 PM
CMINIGO
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone! I just wanted to let the world know that I took delivery of “Emma”, my MINI Cooper last night. She’s pure silver, black top and mirrors, manual, chrome package, premium package, sports package, and black profile leather. The windows get tinted this weekend, so until then I feel like I’m driving around in a fish bowl with everyone staring at me (because they are). I absolutely LOVE IT! Got mine from MINI of Universal City (CA) and got excellent treatment from John there- he put up with my calling quite often to ask about things. Thanks to tracking my car online, I knew when it was delivered before the dealership did (and so glad it arrived early)! I got some cool free stuff- a MINI t-shirt with an odometer reading “00000083” because I bought the 83rd MINI from that dealership. Got an engraved MINI keychain, MINI mints, and some other little stuff.

I couldn’t bear to just park it in the garage, so we went out motoring. Took Kanan Road out to Zuma beach, up along the coast in Malibu, then up Decker Canyon through the mountains and on home. Decker Canyon is the curviest 12 miles of road around- and it was awesome! I turned the DSC off and you can really feel the corners pull on you! I highly recommend the sport seats upgrade! The car handles unbelievably smooth and it’s so much fun! And with the auto-climate set to 76 degrees and the sunroof fully open (58 outside at the beach), it stayed warm inside the car- SO COOL! A motorist's dream come true! Just had to share my joy and say to those of you still waiting for your car to arrive… HELL YEAH- IT’S WORTH THE WAIT!

Thank you to everyone here at MINI Cooper Online for all the great help and advice that is continually shared! I will post photos as soon as I can. I already have several road trips planned and I'm praying for the weekend to come swiftly and for some perfect California sunshine! Motor on I say!

Old 06-12-2002, 12:03 AM
Sfiveten
5th Gear
Congrats CMINIGO!!!
Glad to here that your MINI is living up to your expectations.
Can't wait to see pics of it.

Happy Motoring!
SW

Old 06-12-2002, 08:26 AM
Tollag
4th Gear
congrats! i hope we get some nice pics
my production starts on friday!!

Old 06-12-2002, 11:44 AM
MiniDreaming
1st Gear
Congrats! I hope you enjoy Emma as I will enjoy my Shakira this fall. Cannot wait to see her pics

Old 06-12-2002, 02:35 PM
csasso
2nd Gear
Cminigo, this is Houston we confirm ignition.

I Love to here those mini-owner love stories. Congratulation I know Emma and you will have a long and happy relationship.

Happy Motoring

Old 06-12-2002, 03:22 PM
mini-g.
3rd Gear
Congrats to you and Emma from me and Mrs. Chippy!!!
See you on the road. Motor On!!

Old 06-12-2002, 08:24 PM
Vanwall
4th Gear
Congrats!! I was up at Long Beach MINI picking up my BRG & White Cooper the same evening!! I pestered 'em enough so they found a Cooper on the incoming list that hadn't been spoken for. I wasn't too particular about what it came with, just DSC and BRG. They found one with a Premium package,CVT, and Leather, and it would take about 3 weeks. In less than that time they called me and said, "COME AND GET IT!!" It was at MSRP, got a great rate from my Credit Union, pre-approved, and it took about an hour & a half - and I was on the road to San Diego!!

Yahoo! it was everything the test drives had promised! I had people gettin' whiplash lookin' at her! My wife and I had dinner on the way home, and the restaurant manager just had to sit in it! Then we came to the tollbooth on HWY 73, and the operator lady gave me big smile and said, "A brand new MINI!!". She loved it.
I had nothing but positive reactions, and lottsa thumbs-up.

I reccomend Long Beach MINI, as they treated us the best. Thanks to all the staff there.
Well, I'm off to drive - Be seeing you.

Rob in Dago