R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 August 2004 Official Tracking Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004 | 01:22 PM
John in Vancouver
2nd Gear
Tail Lights

Have any of you seen the projector tail lights available for the Mini in person? I think a couple of companies make them - Ultra and Altezza. You can get them with a black or clear background. For those of you who have your cars, what are your impressions of the 2005 tailights?

Thanks,
John

Old 09-09-2004 | 01:56 PM
miniwifey
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tcassa
I would appreciate the heads up Miniwifey. See if you can get the Bill of Lading number. I have a phone number of the shipping company if I have a BOL number. From what I have gathered, K-Line and NYK Shipping vessels do not report positions so unfortunately we can't track where they are. But it would still be nice to know the name of the ship. Based on the time it left Southampton (and ruling out a WW vessel) our Minis might be on the Cassiopeia Leader or Hercules Highway. Hope to hear from you soon.
Hi, Here is the BOL number: NYKS620986010 That should do it - right? Jon, at Niello mini got it for me. He has been very helpful! Please let me know what you find out. I am so excited - the ship was supposed to be here the 16th!!!! It's getting so close!

Old 09-09-2004 | 03:57 PM
tcassa
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by miniwifey
Hi, Here is the BOL number: NYKS620986010 That should do it - right? Jon, at Niello mini got it for me. He has been very helpful! Please let me know what you find out. I am so excited - the ship was supposed to be here the 16th!!!! It's getting so close!
Hey there Miniwifey.....Here is the information on that BOL number (and thanks for getting it)...... The name of the vessel that is bringing our Mini's across the pond is..... drumroll please......The Hojin. Her callsign is YJYN8 (Voyage13) and she is due into Port Hueneme on Sept 17th (She must be behind schedule due to Ivan out in the Carribean). NYK Shipping is handling the transport and they don't report their wereabouts, so unfortunately we can't track it. If you want to try to get more info out of NYK, their number for the Los Angeles office is 310-618-6073. Hope the wait treats you well........:smile:

Old 09-09-2004 | 04:31 PM
05DSMCS
4th Gear
Originally Posted by John in Vancouver
Have any of you seen the projector tail lights available for the Mini in person? I think a couple of companies make them - Ultra and Altezza. You can get them with a black or clear background. For those of you who have your cars, what are your impressions of the 2005 tailights?

Thanks,
John
I have, and prefacing this with the fact that I'm not a fan of the altezza type taillights in the first place, I don't like them. I consider myself somewhat of a purist, though, in that aside from tastefully tinted windows, I never like to add anything that isn't stock to my car. I think I'm one of the few that is fine with the 2005 all red taillight look.

In my opinion, the altezza type lights are more at home in a larger taillight rather than one of such limited volume. The key to the impact of those lights is accentuating the projector look, and without much room to begin with, that can come off a bit cartoonish in such a small light.

Old 09-09-2004 | 05:13 PM
John in Vancouver
2nd Gear
[QUOTE=05DSMCSI think I'm one of the few that is fine with the 2005 all red taillight look.

Thanks. For me the jury is out on the projector type lights since I have not seen them "in the flesh". I like the amber turn signal lamps rather than all red.

Old 09-09-2004 | 05:57 PM
miniwifey
2nd Gear
NYK Shipping info

Tcassa - Thanks for the quick follow-up on that! I'm glad it was only a day later than schedule. With all the storms, I was afraid it would be way off. You're the only other person who has mentioned being on the NYK line - I'm surprised I haven't heard more about it. I feel bad for you though, your car has to get all the way to Utah. (could be Nebraska) . From what I've read, the cars can be at the VPC for any period of time, depending on what touch-ups are needed and if there was any vehicle damage. Now we just have to be patient....

Old 09-09-2004 | 08:24 PM
Cadbury
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tcassa
Hey there Miniwifey.....Here is the information on that BOL number (and thanks for getting it)...... The name of the vessel that is bringing our Mini's across the pond is..... drumroll please......The Hojin. Her callsign is YJYN8 (Voyage13) and she is due into Port Hueneme on Sept 17th (She must be behind schedule due to Ivan out in the Carribean). NYK Shipping is handling the transport and they don't report their wereabouts, so unfortunately we can't track it. If you want to try to get more info out of NYK, their number for the Los Angeles office is 310-618-6073. Hope the wait treats you well........:smile:
Your news is very depressing for me
I calculated that I was on the HoJin - I think that Sportty and AAAMini are too. Sportty's MA said 9/3, mine said 9/7, but it looks like tcassa got the goods!!!!

I had a 9/20 pick up scheduled, but now I don't know if they will have all the dealer installed options ready... I was kinda hoping that I HAD docked on 9/7, and that the Mini might get to the dealer this week....

Oh well, no wonder the OL isn't changing!!

Tcassa, thank you for getting us some real info!!!

Old 09-09-2004 | 10:52 PM
Sportty
1st Gear
Okay ... this officially sucks!

By the time the car gets here, think end of Sept/early Oct, the cold weather will start in San Francisco. So much for enjoying our late summer.

Thanks for the work everyone put into sleuthing down our shipping info!

Old 09-09-2004 | 11:32 PM
AAAMINI
3rd Gear
Sportty and/or Cadbury,

Have either one of you checked to see if our booking number matches the one from tcassa? Maybe we are on a different ship? If not, I will try to see if I can get any info from the dealer on Friday or Saturday. Also I saw somewhere it took the OL 2-3 days to update... so if our "ghost" ship docked on the 7th the OL should be close to change... anyway... here's to hoping...

Andy

Old 09-10-2004 | 03:20 AM
Sirius
2nd Gear
I pick her up Saturday! My MA called late yesterday and said she was already there. He took her straight over to be detailed and have the auxillary gauges installed!

Old 09-10-2004 | 04:58 AM
nbame786
3rd Gear
alright ladies and gentlemen....here's the big moment i've been waiting for, hopefully i get to pick up my baby today!!!!! i havn't thought of a name though, can you guys help me out? electric blue, white matching roof, mirror caps, wheels, bonnet stripes, electric blue dash ....sport / cold / sunroof ... what can i name her?!!

Old 09-10-2004 | 06:01 AM
nbame786
3rd Gear
nothing?!

Old 09-10-2004 | 07:26 AM
dlsmini
2nd Gear
YYYEEEAAA!

My mini is at the dealer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's finally made it and the wait is almost over. Ordered on 7/17/04 and arrived at dealer 9/8/04.

Probably will have to wait until Monday to pick her up though.

Old 09-10-2004 | 07:26 AM
ZenAudio
3rd Gear
The Smurf

Originally Posted by nbame786
alright ladies and gentlemen....here's the big moment i've been waiting for, hopefully i get to pick up my baby today!!!!! i havn't thought of a name though, can you guys help me out? electric blue, white matching roof, mirror caps, wheels, bonnet stripes, electric blue dash ....sport / cold / sunroof ... what can i name her?!!
There is only one option: The SMURF!

Old 09-10-2004 | 07:32 AM
05DSMCS
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ZenAudio

There is only one option: The SMURF!
Or maybe Smurfette?

Old 09-10-2004 | 07:35 AM
ZenAudio
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by John in Vancouver

Thanks,
John
I like both. I've learned that Miniacs want it all. If red only were an extra option many would freak if the option were taken away and they were left with the 2004 style.

Old 09-10-2004 | 07:36 AM
ZenAudio
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by 05DSMCS
Or maybe Smurfette?
The Smurftini

Old 09-10-2004 | 08:23 AM
Cadbury
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by AAAMINI
Sportty and/or Cadbury,

Have either one of you checked to see if our booking number matches the one from tcassa? Maybe we are on a different ship? If not, I will try to see if I can get any info from the dealer on Friday or Saturday. Also I saw somewhere it took the OL 2-3 days to update... so if our "ghost" ship docked on the 7th the OL should be close to change... anyway... here's to hoping...

Andy
I can't get my dealer to give me the BOL, no matter how much I beg!!!
But I was checking the Southampton site around 9/16 and I know that HoJin was the only option on that day... The day before there were other ships, but I know from AskMini-person that I left 9/16. OL still says En Route

Here's to really HOPING we're on another vessel!!!!

Old 09-10-2004 | 08:35 AM
tcassa
2nd Gear
Vessel Mix-up

Originally Posted by Cadbury
I can't get my dealer to give me the BOL, no matter how much I beg!!!
But I was checking the Southampton site around 9/16 and I know that HoJin was the only option on that day... The day before there were other ships, but I know from AskMini-person that I left 9/16. OL still says En Route

Here's to really HOPING we're on another vessel!!!!
Curious that you saw the Hojin leaving Southampton on the 16th. Because the Hojin was also scheduled to leave on the 24th which would coincide with the information I am getting from NYK Shipping. Very curious.......I was watching the Southampton port since my Mini hit the dock on the 18th. There was three ships leaving Southampton the week of the 20th (Hercules Highway, Hojin, and Casseopeia Leader). Those are just the K-line and NYK vessels, I have already ruled out the WW shipping. Well, worst case you ARE on the Hojin and will be docking on the 17th. Take care. :smile:

Old 09-10-2004 | 09:07 AM
mlebeau
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Sportty
Okay ... this officially sucks!

By the time the car gets here, think end of Sept/early Oct, the cold weather will start in San Francisco. So much for enjoying our late summer.

Thanks for the work everyone put into sleuthing down our shipping info!
Sportty, you'll just have to take a cruise down to the South Bay.

-mike

Old 09-10-2004 | 09:18 AM
Cadbury
2nd Gear
I retract my earlier comments!!

Called AskMini and pressed "0" for a person... Jeff... he said that the last update his system got was on 8/16 - no wonder it was out of date. He called my dealer!! and they told him that I had actually landed on 9/5 !!!! and it was at the VPC!!! so, yes... we are not on HoJin, or it completed an earlier cruise... YAY!!!!!!
Call your MAs, Sportty, AAAMini.... or call ASKMINI and press "0" !!

Old 09-10-2004 | 09:19 AM
nbame786
3rd Gear
The Smurf-Mobile haha oh man this will have to take some thought... :smile:

Old 09-10-2004 | 09:54 AM
tcassa
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Cadbury
I retract my earlier comments!!

Called AskMini and pressed "0" for a person... Jeff... he said that the last update his system got was on 8/16 - no wonder it was out of date. He called my dealer!! and they told him that I had actually landed on 9/5 !!!! and it was at the VPC!!! so, yes... we are not on HoJin, or it completed an earlier cruise... YAY!!!!!!
Call your MAs, Sportty, AAAMini.... or call ASKMINI and press "0" !!
Good to hear Cadbury.....I'm sure that was a pleasant surprise.

Old 09-10-2004 | 09:59 AM
one1bmwnut
1st Gear
We have LIFTOFF! as in Production started!

Finally, my Cool Blue MINI Cooper S convertible is IN production.

Her production journey began Wednesday 9/8/04 at 7:03am. I even have a VIN # - oh yea!

I checked out a Cool Blue convertible at the local Baron MINI (the one charging $3000 over MSRP - yea, the one I did not buy from!) - it's sitting on the showroom floor and is one awesome color!

Finally, I am in the land of the living....:smile:

How's this for..... irony? I leave for France on two week's vacation on Saturday the 18th - chances are I will be passing over my MINI Cooper S convertible as it makes its way to America!

However, I will be back just in time to take delivery - talk about not being able to wait for vaction to be over - that will be a first!

Old 09-10-2004 | 10:59 AM
miniwifey
2nd Gear
Sounds like you'll have an AWESOME month! A trip to France and a mini cabrio, all at the same time? Life is rough!

And... Tcassa, I called NYK. As of today, the ship is scheduled to come in on the 18th. She said (obvious) it's because of the storms. I was hoping to have the mini by my Birthday... it's not looking too good now.

Quick Reply: R50/53 August 2004 Official Tracking Thread