R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 August 2004 Official Tracking Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2004 | 11:11 AM
tcassa
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by miniwifey
Sounds like you'll have an AWESOME month! A trip to France and a mini cabrio, all at the same time? Life is rough!

And... Tcassa, I called NYK. As of today, the ship is scheduled to come in on the 18th. She said (obvious) it's because of the storms. I was hoping to have the mini by my Birthday... it's not looking too good now.
Hey MiniWifey, Did she give you a location of the ship? Is it still sitting in the Carribean or has it passed through the Panama Canal? I would have expected it to have already passed the Canal.... Certainly don't like the thought of it stuck out there with Ivan reeking havok......

Old 09-10-2004 | 11:23 AM
miniwifey
2nd Gear
I asked her for a position. She said she doesn't have an updated position. I was wondering the same thing as you! She did mention the ship has other stops. If I had to guess, I'd say it's finished the East coast stops, and now has to go around the storm. Do you think it takes 8 days to get from Panama Canal to LA? It seems like even a slow ship would be faster than that. Maybe we can call again later and ask about the ships position.
Oh, the other thing is... there could me more damage to the cars on a ship that's getting tossed around... making it take longer at the VPC. I'm usually an optimist, so I'll hope for the best!

Old 09-10-2004 | 12:18 PM
Cadbury
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by miniwifey
I asked her for a position. She said she doesn't have an updated position. I was wondering the same thing as you! She did mention the ship has other stops. If I had to guess, I'd say it's finished the East coast stops, and now has to go around the storm. Do you think it takes 8 days to get from Panama Canal to LA? It seems like even a slow ship would be faster than that. Maybe we can call again later and ask about the ships position.
Oh, the other thing is... there could me more damage to the cars on a ship that's getting tossed around... making it take longer at the VPC. I'm usually an optimist, so I'll hope for the best!
The June (??) thread had some people doing SERIOUS research about time from Canal - and one of the guys actuallly wrote a script to make movies of the Canal webcam so that he could review them every day; he actually saw his Mini ship go through...

Bottom line - 7 days from Canal exit to Prt H. (not sure what stops that includes).

Old 09-10-2004 | 12:33 PM
MountainGal
2nd Gear
From: The Appalachian Mountains in Northwest North Carolina (about 12 miles west of Boone, NC)
Awesomely WONDERFUL News!!

Frieda is HERE!!

I checked the OL tracking page just after midnight this morning, and it still showed that Frieda was at the VDC with a September 11 EDD. However, when I rather compulsively checked the OL again today - it said that Frieda was at my dealer's and that the EDD was Sep 8!! Sure enough, when I frantically called the dealer, my MA checked (he was away for Convertible training on Tues & Wed), and Frieda did arrive there on Wed, Sep 8! She has already been prepped, etc, so I'm going to get her later TODAY!!!! How ironic that I'm the one who told my MA that she was at the dealer's! So, keep tracking!

WHOOPEE!!!! - -

Old 09-10-2004 | 12:37 PM
Del
2nd Gear
Don't forget your navigator.

Old 09-10-2004 | 12:39 PM
MountainGal
2nd Gear
From: The Appalachian Mountains in Northwest North Carolina (about 12 miles west of Boone, NC)
Originally Posted by Del
Don't forget your navigator.
Hah - This experience will be ALL mine!! - -

Old 09-10-2004 | 01:22 PM
miniwifey
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Cadbury

Bottom line - 7 days from Canal exit to Prt H. (not sure what stops that includes).
Thanks Cadbury! That means the storms can't have a serious effect on the date now. I feel much better now. I was really starting to worry.
I found the post you were talking about. Here is the web-site he put together.http://dbmini.us/minilinks.html The webcam is on www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/camera-java.html
And MountainGal, Congratulations! Lucky!!!!! Let us all know how your first ride goes! :smile:

Old 09-10-2004 | 03:00 PM
05DSMCS
4th Gear
re: Mountaingal

Sweet!! Seems like the OL updates on fridays for me, but no luck so far - still En Route with 9/11 as the EDD. I called and left a message with my MA, but no word back yet.

Old 09-10-2004 | 04:43 PM
Mini-///M
3rd Gear
Does the OL have EDD info?

Old 09-10-2004 | 05:54 PM
herbiem
Neutral
Week 33 released from VPC

MA says today detail list indicates my baby has been released by VPC to the carrier going to the dealer. So it is very nearby. This was a 8/10 completion date MCSC at port of exit 8/12 and left 8/18? and arrived Port Hueneme 9/5? or 9/7?

Old 09-10-2004 | 07:39 PM
BoilerUp!
2nd Gear
OMG!! I talked to my MA on Wednesday, and she wasn't exactly sure where my mini was but that it was delivered on 9/7 to the USA. She said it would be a couple of weeks.

Today she called ... '"Umm, Your car is here!" :smile:
It was a suprise to both of us. My HD was kind enough to go take
some pictures tonight after work. I still have not seen my baby in
person yet. Can't believe they already got the bonnet stripes and window tint done..still have to get my black grill, driving lights and leather. Taking delivery next Wednesday.

Now if I can only figure how to do those thumbnails!

Old 09-10-2004 | 09:35 PM
Cadbury
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by herbiem
MA says today detail list indicates my baby has been released by VPC to the carrier going to the dealer. So it is very nearby. This was a 8/10 completion date MCSC at port of exit 8/12 and left 8/18? and arrived Port Hueneme 9/5? or 9/7?
Where are you located, herbiem?
How far does your Mini have to go from the VPC?

That's good news!! There are quite a few of us hoping that we are also at VPC, or about to be released from VPC in Prt H.

Old 09-10-2004 | 10:34 PM
AAAMINI
3rd Gear
Edd!!!

I checked the OL tonight, and what is there waiting for me?!?! A message saying the car is at the VPC and the EDD is 9/17!!! Just one week away! I can taste it now...

Andy

Old 09-10-2004 | 10:39 PM
Califzeph
5th Gear
Hey BoilerUp! GREAT color combination! The gold and black is awesome! Looks like you are on the way to a real bling-bling ride!

Old 09-11-2004 | 07:50 AM
05DSMCS
4th Gear
Originally Posted by BoilerUp!
OMG!! I talked to my MA on Wednesday, and she wasn't exactly sure where my mini was but that it was delivered on 9/7 to the USA. She said it would be a couple of weeks.

Today she called ... '"Umm, Your car is here!" :smile:
It was a suprise to both of us. My HD was kind enough to go take
some pictures tonight after work. I still have not seen my baby in
person yet. Can't believe they already got the bonnet stripes and window tint done..still have to get my black grill, driving lights and leather. Taking delivery next Wednesday.
That's awesome news! My MA also told me mine hit US shores on 9/7, so hopefully that means it will be there soon! Where is your dealership? Mine is heading to MINI of St. Louis MO.

OL just changed for me and states at the VDC now. Still has an EDD of 9/11, which would be today...

Old 09-11-2004 | 08:00 AM
Cadbury
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by AAAMINI
I checked the OL tonight, and what is there waiting for me?!?! A message saying the car is at the VPC and the EDD is 9/17!!! Just one week away! I can taste it now...

Andy
You're KILLIN' me!!! Mine still says En Route!!

What about you, Sportty?????

Old 09-11-2004 | 08:10 AM
John in Vancouver
2nd Gear
My EDD according to the OL is today as well. My MA said it was to be at the dealers today. The car landed on 9/3 and is to go to Knauz Mini near Chicago. The ASKMINI automated line still says it is at the distribution center. I hope to get a call from the dealer later today. I hope they can fit the aero kit and prep it in time for it to be on a train for the Northwest Thursday or Friday

Old 09-11-2004 | 09:14 AM
ZenAudio
3rd Gear
Edd

My EDD is the September 13 at Moritz Mini in Texas. The Sheriff was an 8/17 build, on the Freedom which arrived in SC on 9/3. OL was lagging hard and just put me at VDC yesterday. My MA says 9/13 as well, but I apparently have not been released to the carrier yet. I'm counting on it as I have airline tix for the 16th!!!! The Sheriff will roll off the dealer floor for an immediate road trip to Austin, San Antonio and the Wild West on a very twisty ride back to the beach !

Good luck to everyone as it seems quite a few cars are getting delivered this week!!!

Mike

Old 09-11-2004 | 01:37 PM
05DSMCS
4th Gear
Originally Posted by John in Vancouver
My EDD according to the OL is today as well. My MA said it was to be at the dealers today. The car landed on 9/3 and is to go to Knauz Mini near Chicago. The ASKMINI automated line still says it is at the distribution center. I hope to get a call from the dealer later today. I hope they can fit the aero kit and prep it in time for it to be on a train for the Northwest Thursday or Friday
The ASK MINI line for me says it is at the port waiting for a shipping vessel, the OL says it is at the VDC, the EDD says 9/11, but my MA says it won't make it to the dealer for another few days. Maybe the process is meant to instill mass confusion so that when you finally get the call, it is an explosion of emotion - they like to play with our feelings...

Old 09-11-2004 | 02:12 PM
herbiem
Neutral
Released to dealer

Cadbury - I'm in Newport Beach. My dealer is in Santa Ana. That is 95 miles from Oxnard. Should be here any time.

Old 09-11-2004 | 03:49 PM
BoilerUp!
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by 05DSMCS
The ASK MINI line for me says it is at the port waiting for a shipping vessel, the OL says it is at the VDC, the EDD says 9/11, but my MA says it won't make it to the dealer for another few days. Maybe the process is meant to instill mass confusion so that when you finally get the call, it is an explosion of emotion - they like to play with our feelings...
It's crazy! Mine finally says "at VDC", but it has been at the dealer for over a day and a half now. (Actually it is at the leather installer). No wonder my MA was suprised when it showed up Friday morning!

Old 09-11-2004 | 03:56 PM
Cadbury
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by herbiem
Cadbury - I'm in Newport Beach. My dealer is in Santa Ana. That is 95 miles from Oxnard. Should be here any time.
Good to know...
I was not believing that a ship had really landed last week - but I guess one did!! I really hope that I was on it, and not the one arriving next week!
OL still says EnRoute, though, figure I shouldn't believe it!!

Old 09-11-2004 | 03:57 PM
John in Vancouver
2nd Gear
I called the dealership a little while ago and couldn't reach my MA or any of the others. A lady said that she couldn't be sure, but thought my car came in. I won't know for sure until Monday The folks at the dealerships have an advantage - even if they have to wait for a car they order, they can always take one for a spin

Old 09-11-2004 | 04:01 PM
BoilerUp!
2nd Gear
That's awesome news! My MA also told me mine hit US shores on 9/7, so hopefully that means it will be there soon! Where is your dealership? Mine is heading to MINI of St. Louis MO.

OL just changed for me and states at the VDC now. Still has an EDD of 9/11, which would be today...
I my dealer is in Indianapolis....you should be soon! My MA said I must have been the first group off the ship which makes sense since I was on standby for the Freedom. (I actually did not think I was on thee according to WW.)
Last On, First Off. I think I got lucky!

Old 09-11-2004 | 06:41 PM
Sirius
2nd Gear
I took delivery today in Nashville. I love her! I'll post pics asap.

Quick Reply: R50/53 August 2004 Official Tracking Thread