R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 August 2004 Official Tracking Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2004 | 01:36 PM
Mini-///M
3rd Gear
Talked to broker my EDD is in "about a week, but we still don't have an ETA on the JCW kit."

Hopefully they can get the kits next week and install it in mine for a next Sat delivery :-)

Patrick

Old 09-21-2004 | 05:11 PM
AAAMINI
3rd Gear
Decided to stop at the dealer today after work, and what do I find there?? MY MINI!!! It was there outside in the rain waiting for me take it home! Set up an appt for Noon tomorrow to take him home!

Will post pictures tomorrow...

Andy

Old 09-21-2004 | 05:42 PM
Mini-///M
3rd Gear
wOOt I heard that mine is at the VPC and EDD is "end of this week". Bad news is that I'll have to wait at least 1 more week to get the JCW kit installed and make the trek up to NorCal to pick it up.

The Kosei's, Kumho MX's, TCE brakes and I are all very excited here in LA :-)

Patrick

Old 09-21-2004 | 06:16 PM
sequence
6th Gear
Originally Posted by AAAMINI
Decided to stop at the dealer today after work, and what do I find there?? MY MINI!!! It was there outside in the rain waiting for me take it home! Set up an appt for Noon tomorrow to take him home!Andy
Yeah A you looked pretty psyched, it's a nice car. A very wet car. Make sure they get the plastic taken off under and around the doors tho.

The last seven of our VIN #'s are only 2 digits off, and mine is still at VDC with no EDD like V said, this delivery system is pretty messed up. My car missed your boat literally by hours, and was probably loaded first--thus last off at port. This wait is really beginning to suck.

Motor on. PM me on how it's going. When I get mine we'll have to get together for a pic session: CR/W and CR/B--both striped--together. Should look killer. :smile: Jimbo

Old 09-21-2004 | 07:29 PM
asaulo1
5th Gear
Nice to see some progress on other peoples cars.... sequence - I hope you get your car soon... and I'm not hijacking this thread either :smile: ... as an update, just excited that tom. is the day that concours will be delivering my MCS to my office... after being at Classic Mini for 3 weeks waiting for it's ride to So. Cal. I will definitely post some pics since there seems to be a traffic jam on the pics uploads .... hopefully, will be motoring soon in "Casper"

Old 09-21-2004 | 07:55 PM
sequence
6th Gear
Yeah you'd have to wait as long as some of us westerners to get your car from back east. hope it gets to ya soon. Jimbo

Old 09-21-2004 | 08:26 PM
GLJones
3rd Gear
My MCS is at the dealer and they installed the options and prepped it. Unfortunately, I can't make it down tomorrow due to work and my MA is out Thursday. Looks like Friday for my pickup. I can't wait.

I would take a break for work but I have meetings I can't miss tomorrow.

Jerry
Orlando

Old 09-21-2004 | 08:57 PM
Mini-///M
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by asaulo1
Nice to see some progress on other peoples cars.... sequence - I hope you get your car soon... and I'm not hijacking this thread either :smile: ... as an update, just excited that tom. is the day that concours will be delivering my MCS to my office... after being at Classic Mini for 3 weeks waiting for it's ride to So. Cal. I will definitely post some pics since there seems to be a traffic jam on the pics uploads .... hopefully, will be motoring soon in "Casper"
Wow asaulo1! I remember you telling me about Classic MINI. Since the price was basically the same between shipping it from OH and buying it through a broker here I went with the order in CA route. Ended up only being 2-3 days difference between when you get the car and I would take delivery if I wasn't getting the JCW installed. I must say that is quite amazing.

Patrick

Old 09-22-2004 | 11:11 AM
regalic
2nd Gear
[font=arial,helvetice,sans-serif]Your vehicle was picked up on 09-21-2004 in HONOLULU (B51)[/font]
[font=Arial][/font]

[font=Arial]The dealership picked my Mini up from the shipping company yesterday. Going to get it on friday or saturday. Time to run down there and take a look at it [/font]

Old 09-22-2004 | 03:03 PM
Mini-///M
3rd Gear
UPDATE my MINI is AT the dealership now waiting for the JCW kit to be installed!!!!!!

Patrick

Old 09-22-2004 | 05:47 PM
sequence
6th Gear
someone please tell me where my car is

I'm beginning to think mine fell off the boat somewhere near Panama

Or is still buried deep within the depths of Ho-Jin. No Ho Ho Jimbo

Old 09-22-2004 | 07:01 PM
Sportty
1st Gear
Sequence: Don't give up hope yet ... I just got word that mine is finally on a truck heading to SF. I should have it by Friday!

I think the rumours of something holding up all the cars is true ... a lot of them seem to be finally appearing!

Keep your fingers crossed.

Old 09-22-2004 | 08:07 PM
Mini-///M
3rd Gear
I would guess most of the Ho-Jin's will be arriving at dealers this week. Yesterday my broker said it should arrive Fri/Sat, then we were talking this morning and this afternoon I got a "You'll never believe this but the dealership called and yours just got off the truck there."

I probably got super lucky and got done right as a truck was leaving for the north bay. Plus, most of CA is within a few hour haul from Oxnard so there is a chance that a CA car can finish at the VDC and get to the dealership same day.

BTW my OL JUST updated this afternoon after I got the call about the car beign at the dealer and it says "at VDC" and a EDD of 9/25. This morning it was still En Route so if the OL doesn't update I wouldn't worry since for my car it is a day behind.

Patrick

Old 09-22-2004 | 10:05 PM
miniwifey
2nd Gear
My OL status also changed today, to at VDC.
Sportty - you were given a Friday delivery to SF, and I was told the same day for Sacramento. It looks like there's a good chance they will be here then!
Sequence - I'm sure yours is on the same truck, or right behind. Where is your dealer?

Old 09-23-2004 | 07:30 AM
05DSMCS
4th Gear
2 1/2 weeks at the VDC and no news except "should be here by the end of the month," which would mean almost a full month at the VDC for me. Wonder what part of my car was smashed and what smashed it...

Old 09-23-2004 | 09:20 AM
asaulo1
5th Gear
It's here!!!! :smile: :smile: :smile: After much waiting, it finally arrived yesterday via concours shipping.... all the way from Classic Mini in Ohio..... I love this thing... so many things different from my 03 MC..... anyway, here are the pics.....

Old 09-23-2004 | 09:24 AM
asaulo1
5th Gear
just a few more :smile: we are now officially a 2 mini Family... although the other one is for sale.....

Old 09-23-2004 | 09:24 AM
miniwifey
2nd Gear
Congratulations! What a beautiful car you have. I love the PW! Now, go motor! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Old 09-23-2004 | 11:10 AM
AppleCello
4th Gear
asaulo, JUST LIKE MINE WILL BE!! thanks for the pics, its great to see it in shots other than publicity photos and the like.

Patrick

Old 09-23-2004 | 01:41 PM
Cadbury
2nd Gear
Got a call from my MA.................
MINI arrived at the dealer this morning, its in the shop getting its after-markets installed.....

I have a pick-up appointment for 3:30 tomorrow!!!!!

YAY!!!!!

Old 09-23-2004 | 02:04 PM
The Dave
1st Gear
Originally Posted by kaygee
Of course it is torture, dude..
Where are the human rights watchers?! I want my MINI and I wan it NOW!
Someone call the ACLU. Where's Jessie Jackson when you need him?!

Old 09-23-2004 | 04:05 PM
sequence
6th Gear
Originally Posted by 05DSMCS
2 1/2 weeks at the VDC and no news except "should be here by the end of the month," which would mean almost a full month at the VDC for me. Wonder what part of my car was smashed and what smashed it...
I feel your pain. Mine is at VDC with no EDD, been there almost a week. What makes this even more agonizing is that cars built the same week as mine are already in owner's hands, even Western Division cars. And Miniwifey with Denver as the 3rd most distant shipping point in the Western Division from Oxnard (after Hawaii and Seattle), the wait's going to be a tad longer I reckon

Well rest assured if there was major damage that they have to contact your MA, who then has to contact you. I think it's over 3%. However, I think that since the issue with missing heater delivery components (a major factory f up) that perhaps all the VDC's are thoroughly QC'ing cars that received cursory checks at Cowley. And if they found some major problem(s), then they're (rightly) fixing them at VDC so as to lessen dealer and post-delivery liabilities. I guess.

But again, I speculate. Stop me before I speculate again! Grrrr. Jimbo

Old 09-23-2004 | 04:23 PM
05DSMCS
4th Gear
Oh how I wish that had made me feel any better.

Old 09-23-2004 | 05:33 PM
miniwifey
2nd Gear
Sequence - Did you think I'm in Denver? I'm just North of San Francisco... but I ordered my car from Sacramento. Don't be too freaked out - I have also read about allot of people who have no idea when the car will be in, then call the dealer, and it's there! Where is Great American Wilderness?:smile:

Old 09-23-2004 | 06:00 PM
sequence
6th Gear
U had 2 Ask

Originally Posted by miniwifey
Where is Great American Wilderness?:smile:
Ya know, the "empty quarter," the "other" America, inland from the coasts but outcast from all that's happening, the Great Basin E to the big rivers that flow south, from ice-carved prairies of the Great White North to the verdant Tejas hills, the area of America where all the passing fads and fancies that plauge both coasts take longer to germinate and become "hip." Except for Vegas of course....

And where it takes almost a year to get a MINI Cooper S. That, Miniwifey, is the "Great American Wilderness." :smile: MO2URON, Jimbo

Quick Reply: R50/53 August 2004 Official Tracking Thread