R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 August 2004 Official Tracking Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004 | 06:13 PM
sequence
6th Gear
Originally Posted by 05DSMCS
Oh how I wish that had made me feel any better.
I know man. I've been lurking delivery threads for a long time, and there are very interesting stories out there :smile: :smile:
Also VDC is not 24/7, these guys are 7-4 M-F, maybe sats. Backlogs can slow down the pace of inspection and release. Historically, when the first couple months in any new build year start, VDC's seem to slow down. And it seems that where U were loaded on the ship and left in holding areas makes a huge difference. Not much we can do if they're 500 cars in front of us.... No use getting sick over it, however. Hang in there. :smile: Jimbo

Old 09-23-2004 | 09:02 PM
Cadbury
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by sequence
Ya know, the "empty quarter," the "other" America, inland from the coasts but outcast from all that's happening, the Great Basin E to the big rivers that flow south, from ice-carved prairies of the Great White North to the verdant Tejas hills, the area of America where all the passing fads and fancies that plauge both coasts take longer to germinate and become "hip." Except for Vegas of course....

And where it takes almost a year to get a MINI Cooper S. That, Miniwifey, is the "Great American Wilderness." :smile: MO2URON, Jimbo

BARSTOW????

Old 09-23-2004 | 09:04 PM
Cadbury
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Cadbury
BARSTOW????
Just kidding...
must be Colorado....??

Old 09-23-2004 | 09:11 PM
Cadbury
2nd Gear
Just kidding...
must be Colorado....??
Wyoming??

Ok - now its buggin' me!

Old 09-23-2004 | 10:42 PM
Sportty
1st Gear
My car has finally arrived in SF and I get to pick her up tomorrow! I'm way to excited to sleep.

I'll post picks tomorrow night ... unless I start driving and just can't quit!

Old 09-24-2004 | 03:04 AM
BillyB
3rd Gear
Wow, I just checked OL this evening (morning?), and my car is finally listed at the VDC (haven't checked in the last few days, gets frustrating), but my estimated delivery date is 9/24, which is...TODAY! (Friday.)

My dealer is in Sacramento, and I'm wondering...if OL is usually behind, then...when should I expect a call from my dealer? I hear a lot of stories in which people call the dealer, and the dealer says, "Oh, hey, it's here, come pick it up." I'd hate to call them though, if I absolutely don't have to. However, tomorrow, Saturday the 25th, is the day I planned on dropping my rental car off here in Reno, and getting a ride from my ex (with our daughter) to Sacramento. I was figuring we could make a nice, pleasant day trip of it. If there is a slight delay, then do they make appointments for pick up on Sundays?

It'd be great to finally get all this waiting over with. I've felt like such a cheeseball, driving around in a rental car to work, where co-workers often ask me, "Is THAT the new car?" I keep having to say, "NO, that's not it, I'm STILL waiting on delivery." *sigh* Even at this stage, I feel like this will never be over with. That there will just keep being one more thing that gets between me and my MINI. I've heard horror stories about accidents at the VDC, or at the dealer, or problems with the wrong fluids in the car, or even the dreaded "they got all my options wrong".

That'd be bad. If the car is all wrong, I'd have to keep renting a car for...OMG, I don't want to think about it. The tension is killing me.

Anyway, I'll let you know how it goes. Best of luck with your deliveries! :smile:

Old 09-24-2004 | 07:45 AM
regalic
2nd Gear
5 hours until pick up here.

Went down there last night to take a peak

Old 09-24-2004 | 07:47 AM
miniwifey
2nd Gear
Billy B - I also ordered my car from Sacramento. Mine came in on the Hojin. And, have been told they are getting a shipment of cars in on Friday! As in today! :smile: I was told mine was on it, but I don't want to get too excited about it - just in case. Don't hesitate to call. If you call once, it's nothing compared to the constant harassing I do.

Still wondering where this great American wilderness is!

Regalic - HAPPY BIRTHDAY! What an awesome way to celebrate... motoring in your new MINI

Old 09-24-2004 | 10:53 AM
regalic
2nd Gear
Thanks miniwifey, I was also able to get my work to give me friday and monday off so 4 day weekend for me .

I've noticed that the number of calls I have made to the dealership has increased the closer it gets to picking up my MINI .

Hope you get your's soon.

Old 09-24-2004 | 01:21 PM
Cadbury
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by regalic
5 hours until pick up here.

Went down there last night to take a peak
Hey! That's my car!! (not the interior though).... seeing your pic has made the butterflies in my stomach go NUTS!!!!!!!!!

thinking "there's one of these parked waiting for ME!!!"

EEEEEEEK!!!!!

Old 09-24-2004 | 02:30 PM
05DSMCS
4th Gear
Got "the call" from my MA this morning. It's at the dealer! I flew out to the Bay Area today for the weekend, so I'll get my papers on Monday, and should be shipped on Wednesday. I'll have mine next weekend! I get to post happy things again!

Old 09-24-2004 | 04:29 PM
sequence
6th Gear
As the good news vibe spreads

Just got the call from my MA: my car passed thru VDC yesterday, and is waiting for the 9/27 truck to CO (I'm the only MINI on it with a gaggle of Bimmers, and, get this, one Rolls), with EDD of 9/30!!

:smile: :smile: :smile: Just like 05DSMCS I'll hopefully be able to post happy things next weekend as I take delivery! YESSSSSSSSS Jimbo

PS and yes for all of U puzzled as to where the GAW is, just re-read my description whilst looking at a US map. It's pretty obvious....

Old 09-24-2004 | 04:44 PM
miniwifey
2nd Gear
Well, I got the call! My MINI is at the dealer, waiting for me to come and get him! I pick him up at 3pm tomorrow! Just in time for my Birthday. I will post photos right away. I have yet to see a picture of Astro Black, so I just hope it looks good.

And, I guess I'll look on the map for GAW. Glad to hear everyone's good news!:smile:

Old 09-24-2004 | 05:19 PM
sequence
6th Gear
Astro Black

I've seen AB: nice color, like a real real real REAL deep IB :smile:

I once rented an 04 Mitsu Diamante VRX that was so dark metallic green it looked black, even fooled Thrifty RAC. AB is like that.

Old 09-24-2004 | 07:09 PM
Sportty
1st Gear
I'd like to formally introduce everyone to Sportty!

http://homepage.mac.com/eyebite/PhotoAlbum24.html

I am so happy! After the long wait, I am now the proud owner of a shiny new Mini Cooper S Cabrio!

Let the sunshine in!
:smile: :smile:

Old 09-24-2004 | 08:44 PM
miniwifey
2nd Gear
WOW! I am speechless! What a beauty!
It looks like you had nice weather in SF for your first day of motoring.:smile: I pick my cabrio up tomorrow - and after seeing your photos - there's no way I'm getting any sleep tonight!!!
Thanks for sharing the photos!

Old 09-24-2004 | 08:57 PM
Cadbury
2nd Gear
I GOT IT!!!!

YAY!!

once again, finding out that the Purple Haze does NOT photo well!!

Had a quick motor around the desert to get the feel of it...
boy is it hard to keep below the rpm...

Can't wait for the sun comes up so that I can have another go!

The worst part, is that when you're driving, you can't see how CUTE it is in the outside!!

More photos in the gallery
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/picture44886.html

Old 09-24-2004 | 09:11 PM
sequence
6th Gear
BARSTOW????
LOL!!

Not lately, are you on a BLYTHE run.... Durned nice car CB. MO2URON :smile:

Old 09-24-2004 | 09:57 PM
GreyStreet
3rd Gear
I GOT IT!!!!

YAY!!

The worst part, is that when you're driving, you can't see how CUTE it is in the outside!!

How did Scott treat you? Good?

Old 09-24-2004 | 10:30 PM
05DSMCS
4th Gear
Please don't use such foul language when describing the MCS...

Old 09-24-2004 | 10:38 PM
Sportty
1st Gear
I GOT IT!!!!

YAY!!

Your car is beautiful ... did you get the windows tinted as well? It looks great! Maybe one of these days I'll drive to AZ in Sportty! As shipmates, dockmates and delivery mates, its great to finally see the cars!

Enjoy!

Garrett

Old 09-25-2004 | 03:21 AM
BillyB
3rd Gear
That purple is a great color. I love how it's look changes so drastically under various different lighting conditions. It's both cool AND classy looking, depending on the light.

I called my MINI dealership in Sacramento today. My MA was off, and will apparently not be back until...thursday? Does that mean I'm stuck waiting until then? I've never even met the guy, as my order was taken by another MA, one that I also never met, as I've never even been to the dealer! I tried asking for some other agent to help me find out if my car is even there, and if I can pick it up this weekend. But, everytime the receptionist tried to transfer my call I just got someone's voicemail. So I left a message (to...?), and I guess I'll have to call again Saturday. Very frustrating at this stage of the game. I'm really hoping to pick the car up this weekend.

Anyway, I guess I should just be happy I've come this far, and the wait is ALMOST over, eh? (I'm practicing my "glass is half full" thinking, though I'd prefer to be leading a "glass is ALL THE WAY FULL" life.)

An ex-coworker came into work today, and asked me, like SO MANY of my present co-workers already have, "Hey, is THAT your new car?", about my rental car. OMG, when will this EVER end?

Old 09-25-2004 | 07:23 AM
Cadbury
2nd Gear
GreyStreet
Scott treated me very well... In fact, all the techs I've talked to there have been very helpful!! They also are really into those MINIs, I think....
He explained how everything worked... and tolerated by sarcastic sense of humor!!

Billy -
Call ASKMINI - when I had problems getting someone at my dealer, I would call ASKMINI - they will put you on hold and call your dealer... and they have to be answered!!

05MCSDS -
I'm a girl.... MINIs are CUTE!!!

Sportty -
My brother lives downtown SF (may have mentioned that before) and I was already planning to ask for a ride (as passenger of course ) next time I was in SF... BTW, drive from PHX to SF is HARSH!!
Loved the pics!! Orange is def my fav color for the MCSC!

Old 09-25-2004 | 08:11 AM
John in Vancouver
2nd Gear
I talked to my MA in Chicago yesterday and my car is on the train for Portland. It should be here Thursday or Friday I guess I will have to figure evrything out for myself before I drive it. I trust the manual is helpful in this regard

John

Old 09-25-2004 | 08:11 AM
tonik
1st Gear
Congrats 05DSMCS

Originally Posted by 05DSMCS
Got "the call" from my MA this morning. It's at the dealer! I flew out to the Bay Area today for the weekend, so I'll get my papers on Monday, and should be shipped on Wednesday. I'll have mine next weekend! I get to post happy things again!
I wish that I had the same luck. Called my MA on Thursday, still no word and no EDD. I am tempted to call again today, but I will probably wait until Monday.

Tonik

Quick Reply: R50/53 August 2004 Official Tracking Thread