R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004 | 07:45 AM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by AppleCello
I have a production week and completion date!! WHOO HOOO!

ok its a week 39, with September 20 as the completion date!!!!

wow this is fun :smile:
RIGHT ON APPLE!

Old 08-20-2004 | 08:03 AM
nbame786
3rd Gear
you can update me to in transit :smile:

Old 08-20-2004 | 08:08 AM
AppleCello
4th Gear
One of the ways that I will pass the time will be to take my cousin's car out for a spin. He has a Mitsu Eclipse hardtop that is lots of fun. While its a nice car, its no mini! I can practice burning his clutch instead of mine

Should be fun, but I think it will also make me want my mini that much more!

Patrick

Old 08-20-2004 | 10:22 AM
yasodic
3rd Gear
That rocks Apple, its good to have another 39er on here!!

Old 08-20-2004 | 10:25 AM
ZenAudio
3rd Gear

The Sheriff has been born but on the wrong side of the bars for the next two weeks. Two weeks seems like cruel and unusual punishment at this stage of the game !

Actually, just checked the WW website and was happily surprised to have been re-received and rebooked on the Freedom which departs on August 24!!!

Old 08-20-2004 | 02:02 PM
withmemini
Neutral
Hey guy,
Just wanna update.. I called to askmini this morning. They told me that my car has been scheduled for production on Sep 6 and it will be completed on Sep 10 (week37). Wow! That is so quick, isn't it. Anyway, I am so happy right now. Can't wait to see my car soon.

withmemini

Old 08-20-2004 | 02:09 PM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
ask-mini now says my car will be done by september 3rd (which probably means you to merikk!)

- d

Old 08-20-2004 | 02:45 PM
merikk
2nd Gear
NYCmini- thanks! I called today too (again ) and was told estimated production end Sep 2/3. Then the innocent rep said "well, you know you can call every week to find out more information" . I almost said "every week ? I call every other day" Muahahahah, too funny

I cannot wait! Had to go to school today for some stupid admin. stuff, and boy did I BAKE in my car while I circled, and circled, and circled trying to find parking . I need AC, fast! Wheres my mini???

Old 08-20-2004 | 02:48 PM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by merikk
NYCmini- thanks! I called today too (again ) and was told estimated production end Sep 2/3. Then the innocent rep said "well, you know you can call every week to find out more information" . I almost said "every week ? I call every other day" Muahahahah, too funny

I cannot wait! Had to go to school today for some stupid admin. stuff, and boy did I BAKE in my car while I circled, and circled, and circled trying to find parking . I need AC, fast! Wheres my mini???
then you and i are in the same run for sure...how cool is that? :-)

Old 08-20-2004 | 08:10 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
I keep calling & it doesn't change Still week 37 to be finished. Hope I don't miss the boat. But it looks like a bunch of our MINIs are being born at the same time

Lois

Old 08-20-2004 | 08:43 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Okay, here is me again at Deal's Gap right after I slayed the Dragon for the first time. It was in the Miata however Next year it will be in the MINI

Lois

Old 08-20-2004 | 08:58 PM
CGSHawkflyer
2nd Gear
Checked again

Well I just checked with MINI again tonight. I am for sure a week 37 COMPLETION. They tell me that the car will actually be in production during week 36. I read another thread where a guy was told that the production week is actually the week the car will be completed, and the nice guy at MINI just confirmed that for me. I guess it makes sense that the car is not actually PRODUCED until it is finished from an accounting standpoint.

I was also told that when the car is actually started, the VIN number in my personal data page on MINIUSA would automatically update with the number. He tells me that that will occur much faster than the "On Order" status we are all starring at right now. He implied that there is a much more direct relationship between their production system ad the MINIUSA website once the car enters production.

Drive Safe
Phil

Old 08-20-2004 | 09:00 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Phil,

Same with me. Week 37 completion. I wonder if all our MINIs will be together on the same boat? They'll be in good company if they get a little seasick

Lois

Old 08-20-2004 | 09:53 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
So my cousins Eclipse was lotsa fun. its the GTS with the V6 engine. I thought it used to be a turbo charged engine, no? It had lots of power compared to what im used to... (Like i said, I've never even driven the S!). The car still felt huge to me. It gave the impression of being in a capsule and not having fabulous visibility. with the rear window being nearly horizontal and very long, its almost like what I imagine a jet cockpit to be. The handly seemed to be pretty good and it was direct enough, but still cushioned and the road wasnt very well communicated, even compared to my old volvo (very tight suspension without being jarring).

I like the car but I didnt think it was worth its 26K sticker.

On another note, I need to smooth out my shifting! Im better when im not thinking about it too much. Less gas on the launch (spun the wheels a couple times on the wet pavement) and more gas to keep the revs up on the upshift. No stalls, no whiplash, and I had a few heel-toe downshifts that were like butter! that was fun. I will get the hang of it in a few days and be truely comfortable within a month.

:smile:

Old 08-21-2004 | 12:24 AM
one1bmwnut
1st Gear
Week of Sept 13th????

Ok, fellow-MINI-fanatics, I"m kinda new at this....

Well, Ihave owned a MINI Cooper S before, but I bought it off the lot - a former demonstrator at the dealership...

This time around, I've ordered the old fashioned way.....

I'm being told, that my Cool Blue MINI Cooper S Cabrio is scheduled for production the week of 13th of September.....:smile:

Yes, yes, yes!!!

I'll be picking it up in Oklahoma, City, OK (refused to pay the $3000 surcharge at Baron MINI in Kansas City area).

Can't wait!

So, should I expect delivery....... mid October??????

Or, earlier?????? I can only hope.......

Old 08-21-2004 | 12:32 AM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Welcome to our little group fellow Missourian

I did the same thing & ordered mine from Roadshow in Memphis. I had contacted Baron in KC & just about dropped my teeth when they told me the markup MINI of St Louis is charging $1500 over MSRP! I paid the $500 on my first MINI but decided not to go along with thir little game on my Cabrio.

Lois

Old 08-21-2004 | 05:15 AM
LOVEDOC
1st Gear
IT IS COMFORTING TO KNOW I AM NOT ALONE IN MY MINI ADDICTION! ANY INTEREST IN FORMING A 12 STEP PROGRAM BECAUSE I'VE GOT IT BAD!!!!!

Old 08-21-2004 | 07:09 AM
CGSHawkflyer
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by LouiefromStLou
Phil,

Same with me. Week 37 completion. I wonder if all our MINIs will be together on the same boat? They'll be in good company if they get a little seasick

Lois
Lois,

I should think that would be true. But they might get to visit from time to time too. My folks were from Missouri and I went to school there so I get out that way occasionally. I still have some friends in Odessa, and some relatives in Independance I usually don't stop in St. Louis, but I do pass by. I am looking forward to taking the "river" route in the MINI from St. Louis to Jeff city next time.

Of course all you guys might be better off if mine was on a ship all by himself. The way my luck runs, MINI will build the perfect MINI for me, put the thing on the ship, the ship will hit the last hurricane of the season and do a "Posidon Adventure" roll. I have this bad image of my MINI hanging from the floor upside down.

Drive safe.
Phil

Old 08-21-2004 | 07:33 AM
MountainGal
2nd Gear
From: The Appalachian Mountains in Northwest North Carolina (about 12 miles west of Boone, NC)
Also Waiting For my Cabrio!

Hi! This is my first post here. My Frieda was completed last week, & is supposed to ship out on the Freedom on Tuesday! Scheduled to arrive Charleston Sep 3, then don't know how much longer it will be before she's ready at Flow MINI in Winston-Salem, NC. Can barely stand the wait!!

Old 08-21-2004 | 09:42 AM
DunWaiten
2nd Gear
update for DunWaiten

Just got an update from AskMINI:

DunWaiten CR/B MCS 7474XXX scheduled for production, production completion date 8/31/04.

Old 08-21-2004 | 01:08 PM
Teampajn
4th Gear
Name of new baby

Alright, wife and I are having a tough time coming up with a name for our new baby. We kinda though purple passion, well, because it's purple and it's our passion. Then realized it is a name for MD 20/20 . So the quest continues for a name. Lets hear what names you have came up with for yours to get my creative juices flowing. This stuff is so much fun!!!

Old 08-21-2004 | 04:18 PM
MacGuruTX
3rd Gear
Add me on to the list too:

MCS Cabrio CR/B 74830 Still showing as On Order

MacGuruTX

Old 08-21-2004 | 04:47 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Teampajn
Alright, wife and I are having a tough time coming up with a name for our new baby. We kinda though purple passion, well, because it's purple and it's our passion. Then realized it is a name for MD 20/20 . So the quest continues for a name. Lets hear what names you have came up with for yours to get my creative juices flowing. This stuff is so much fun!!!
My Cabrio will be named "Sunnie"

Teampajn.
Hopefully you'll have your new MINI by October & then you & your wife can motor down to St. Louis & join us at our fall rally. We had a great winery run today 25 MINIs showed up

Lois

Old 08-21-2004 | 05:56 PM
Teampajn
4th Gear
Louie,

I know a guy on here we met at Dragon Run this year who lives in Peoria area I believe. His name on here is sumwon. His first name is Brian, and he has a silver/black S with a custom painted silver and black hood. He says he goes to your rallys down there and says they are a blast. I'd love to take a weekend and break the new one in properly. BTW I like that name, perfect for the cabrio!

Old 08-21-2004 | 07:38 PM
mini-rolls
Former Vendor
I am in line again also.....

Lois,

Mini-Rolls here, I got my VR/W CVT MC in Jan 2003 when you were tracking also. I have also decided it is time to be a two MINI family, however I am not getting my MCS DS/B all 3 packages Cabrio until after Jan. I elected to go for the automatic trans....I really like the CVT and decided that I would like the auto MCS. I put my deposit down the end of July. Now I wait again. I am number 1 on the list for the MCS Cabrio w/auto in WA. The excitement of the build starts again.

2003 MC VR/W CVT - named TIGGER
2005 MCS DS/B Auto - to be named TIGGER2 or MOJO.

Dave
Mini-Rolls

Quick Reply: R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!