R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2004 | 07:38 AM
one1bmwnut
1st Gear
Originally Posted by LouiefromStLou
Dancing with joy I have a VIN And Sunnie is in production Hopefully will be finished by the end of this week

Lois

Lois,

Congrats. :smile:

Tell us - how were you informed that you had received a VIN? Did you call MINI? Did you receive email? Did you just check the web site?

You lucky man you!!! Hey, send a little MINI luck to the other side of the state!

Old 08-28-2004 | 07:50 AM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Well, I called a couple days ago & was told "any day now". Checked the web site last night & nothing. Got up this morning & checked web site again & I had a VIN!!! Called the automated line & voice told me "MINI is in production with scheduled completion date of Sept 4"

Lois

Old 08-28-2004 | 08:19 AM
AppleCello
4th Gear
i hate waiting! im reading the car ads in the paper today, i COULD go out and buy just about anything, especially in my price range... but it wouldnt be a mini. MINI of Pittsburgh is actually running an ad in the paper today with only 16,999 base price as given info. "performances daily at mini of pittsburgh."

I find it odd that they have an add running all the way up here. its over 2 hours away. My region identifies more with Pittsburgh than Philly, even though Philadelphia is only 30-40 minutes further in the other direction.

Congrats on your VIN, Lois!

Old 08-28-2004 | 09:25 AM
CGSHawkflyer
2nd Gear
Well, I called a couple days ago & was told "any day now". Checked the web site last night & nothing. Got up this morning & checked web site again & I had a VIN!!! Called the automated line & voice told me "MINI is in production with scheduled completion date of Sept 4"

Lois
HOLY SMOKE!! ME TOO!!!

I just called ASK MINI, and the automated system informed me that MY MINI IS IN PRODUCTION!!! It is scheduled to be complete on 9/9. I still do not have a vVIN but maybe the dealer can help me out.

Now its getting a little exciting.

Drive Safe
Phil

I just called my MA and NOW I HAVE A VIN TOO!! Meanwhile, the website still shows the car as "On Order." they really should fix that.

Old 08-28-2004 | 09:52 AM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Things are starting to happen

Lois

Old 08-28-2004 | 10:26 AM
one1bmwnut
1st Gear
Things are starting to happen

Lois
Indeed. The MINI web site still shows me as 'on order' - however.....

The ASKMINI phone line computer says I am now.....

SCHEDULED FOR PRODUCTION WITH NO FIRM PRODUCITON DATE ....:smile:

Now worries... progress is progress. I'll take what I can get!

Old 08-28-2004 | 10:30 AM
AppleCello
4th Gear
Thats what I am too, BMWnut...

I just want my car.

Old 08-28-2004 | 10:34 AM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
They must be making Cabrios this coming week I checked on my friend's MCSC & his is due to be completed 2 days after mine

Mike,
Hopefully yours will be too.

Lois

Old 08-28-2004 | 10:39 AM
one1bmwnut
1st Gear
Originally Posted by AppleCello
Thats what I am too, BMWnut...

I just want my car.
I think my wife is beginning to think the worst. With all this time I'm spending in front of the computer and on the phone, I must be......

1) addicted to ****, or
2) having an affair with somebody in who knows where.

Hmmm, I'm reassuring her that "it's only a car."

Maybe there is a MINI Commercial being born in all this.......

Reminds me of the MAZDA commercial - the guy is in the garage with the new Red Mazda.....the doors open to embrace him.....he approaches the car and lays his head down on the car's top......the doors close.....wrapping him in the car's "arms" - the camera cuts to the wife standing behind him, with this quizical look, she says........ "Dave?"

Yea, that's me - just a different car.

Old 08-28-2004 | 10:41 AM
AppleCello
4th Gear
Oh, its an affair alright...

too bad its raining today or I might have something better to do than sit here.

maybe mine will be produced next week.

Old 08-28-2004 | 11:02 AM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Just tell your wife we're one big virtual support group. In fact, I think you think I'm a guy My hubby redid his password today so he can keep an eye on me But then he owns a MINI too

Lois

Old 08-28-2004 | 12:23 PM
CGSHawkflyer
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by one1bmwnut
Hmmm, I'm reassuring her that "it's only a car."
"It's only a car"!! ... What's wrong with you? It is not just a car! It's a MINI!!! This is not a Ford, a Chevy, a Honda, yadh, yadh, yadh. This is the taste of victory at La Mans, this is drifting through corners in the alps, this is feeling horsepower in the seat of your pants, this is moving across the landscape like the zephyer wind. Just a car, Huh! Someone cancel that mans order... Where's that phone....

Drive Safe
Phil

Old 08-28-2004 | 12:44 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
Originally Posted by CGSHawkflyer
"It's only a car"!! ... What's wrong with you? It is not just a car! It's a MINI!!! This is not a Ford, a Chevy, a Honda, yadh, yadh, yadh. This is the taste of victory at La Mans, this is drifting through corners in the alps, this is feeling horsepower in the seat of your pants, this is moving across the landscape like the zephyer wind. Just a car, Huh! Someone cancel that mans order... Where's that phone....

Drive Safe
Phil

Old 08-28-2004 | 02:22 PM
ricky
2nd Gear
Hello all, Ordered from Ralph Schomp Mini, Denver. August 12 and got a PD# the same day. Called my MA aug 20th a Friday. He did some checking and said its scheduled for production Sept 5-11. week 38. I got on a list for a MINI S back on March 22. Its been quite a wait. I thought maybe I'd get an 04 model but that quickly went into the 05. Just as well,, I've turned into a nutcake waiting for this little monster. EB/W 17" S Lites white, All premium packs, chrome int, Black Panther Leatherette, anthracite interior, rain sensor and auto dim mirror, and the H/K. Ordered some cleaning supplies, front mud flaps, and X-PEL protective light shields. My PD# alittle more 74879** to help get ideas of this and that

Old 08-28-2004 | 03:13 PM
one1bmwnut
1st Gear
Originally Posted by CGSHawkflyer

Drive Safe
Phil
Phil.....

Please, in the context of ..... "it's only a car" ....... as opposed to **** & affair.....

Of course, "it's only a car" NOT in context of other cars.

You, dear sir, are of course absolutely, postively, unequivically, and all the other "lys"........ correct.

IT IS a MINI. Indeed.

No comparision to other cars...... of course, no offense to the Jag S-Type R (400 HP is mighty sweet too......)

Old 08-28-2004 | 04:06 PM
CGSHawkflyer
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by one1bmwnut
Phil.....

Please, in the context of ..... "it's only a car" ....... as opposed to **** & affair.....

Of course, "it's only a car" NOT in context of other cars.

You, dear sir, are of course absolutely, postively, unequivically, and all the other "lys"........ correct.

IT IS a MINI. Indeed.

No comparision to other cars...... of course, no offense to the Jag S-Type R (400 HP is mighty sweet too......)
I am still thinking about weather it is better than sex. It is certainly some of the most fun you can have with your cloths on at my age. Let's all hope the government doesn't find out about these again. The last time they found out they were fun, they regulated them off the continent. It had a lot to do with beating Ford Mustangs off the line at stop lights.

Welcome aboard
Phil

PS - Just checked my MINIUSA status, and it now says "In Production". I wonder if calling my MA had anything to do with getting this updated?

Old 08-29-2004 | 06:03 AM
MediocreFred
1st Gear
Quick question for those in the September group.

When I had called AskMini about three weeks back (that was when the status was "Scheduled for production with no firm date"), the person I spoke with said that I will be getting stuff from MINIUSA in the mail pretty soon - stuff like a list of programmable options that I will need to fill out and send back to them (or to my MA) and "other fun stuff" - this is the phrase the person at AskMini used.

Now, my MINI is in the paint shop (scheduled for completition on Sept 2nd) and I still haven't received anything from MINI. Have any of you heard similar things and/or received anything from MINI?

Thanks,
MediocreFred.

Old 08-29-2004 | 07:36 AM
AppleCello
4th Gear
I have heard the same but received nothing yet, although you are ahead fo me in line.

Patrick

Old 08-29-2004 | 10:04 AM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
With my first MINI, I received an email of programmable options that supposedly was forwarded on to my dealer but I don't know if that happened. I suspect my MA didn't act on it. What I did was research what the options were & gave a list to my MA. Unfortunately, some were missed & had to be done later. I was also supposed to get a CD with oldies (I had picked that too). But that didn't happen. What I did get over a period of time, was a coffee mug, MINI pin, MINI floaty pen, MINI journal, funny stickers to put on the toggle switches & several MINI booklets. So far this time, I've received a cutsy little booklet on open air driving You may want to do a search on NAM for a list of programmable options. I know one exists. Although some may have changed with the 2005's. For those of us who have MINIs, we may be able to give all of you some advice on what our MINIs do. They are tricky little devils

Lois

Old 08-29-2004 | 10:51 AM
MountainGal
2nd Gear
From: The Appalachian Mountains in Northwest North Carolina (about 12 miles west of Boone, NC)
Programmable Options

I asked my MA for a list of these when Frieda completed production about two weeks ago (which seems like an eternity ago!). Haven't seen such a list. Anybody got the link for this list?

I have received NOTHING from MINI USA! What's up with that?? - -

Old 08-29-2004 | 11:56 AM
DiamondRG
1st Gear
Free MINI stuff

[size=2]MediocreFred,
When I ordered my 2002 MC, I too read posts where people were receiving things which I never received. I don't remember the details, except for the programming options. I had ordered my MINI from Flow MINI in Winston Salem, NC. I found out that the dealer has the option of participating in these programs, at a cost to the dealer. At that time Flow had decided not to participate. I did however receive a box from MINI with a travel game, motoring log book, and a few other items. I also received a free MINI travel mug to fit in the front cupholder. Not sure they are still doing this on the '05's, as they now include a cupholder attached to the front down tube.
[/size]

Old 08-29-2004 | 03:39 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
I think that I have found the one mod that I may do to the mini. Im considering adding the Pioneer avic n1 In Dash navigation system to the car. The actual install will be a bit of a project, what with finding and connecting all of the wires, but it looks fabulous! I want the center speedo, and I have read too many bad things about the mini system. The screen of the pioneer unit is retractable into the dash so it preserves the look of the mini dash as well (minus the look of the head unit itself!). The only negative to this would be that I no longer have the stock head unit with red illumination. I will be mixing the MINI's red and orange with Pioneer Blue! Its ok though, my car is all white and black, so a little more color is a good thing!

Old 08-29-2004 | 07:11 PM
myk
2nd Gear
oh yeah...

7493xxx, dark silver, mcs, on order, projected delivery mid-oct!!

Old 08-29-2004 | 08:27 PM
Manny61986
1st Gear
Hey everybody I ordered my mini cooper s at mini of nashville in July it is due for a mid to late september delivery but right now its still at the docks waiting for the ship liberty so you guys can add me to the list mcs tuxedo sport, premium, hk :smile: thanks!

Old 08-29-2004 | 09:51 PM
one1bmwnut
1st Gear
Just want everyone to know that I took the weekend off from the MINI watch.......all the phone calls, web checks, chart watching, sweating palms, nervous twitching, rapid heartbeat.....

Was just about to get to me...... I almost kicked the dog (and I don't even own a dog - figure of speech, so don't yell at me)

However, I'm rested now. Getting plenty of sleep tonight. So, tomorrow, I'm back in the lineup..... hoping to will this MINI to its completion and delivery.

October just can't get here fast enough!

Quick Reply: R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!