R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004 | 12:56 PM
LOVEDOC
1st Gear
:smile: :smile: Thank GOD for "little" favours!!!!!!! My mini is on the dock waiting for a bus no I mean a boat. This is very good indeed!:smile:

Old 08-31-2004 | 01:05 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Originally Posted by LOVEDOC
:smile: :smile: Thank GOD for "little" favours!!!!!!! My mini is on the dock waiting for a bus no I mean a boat. This is very good indeed!:smile:
He's sittin' on the dock of the bay It looks like there are 3 WW ships leaving Oxford next week headed for Charleston. I hope Sunnie catches one of them

Lois

Old 08-31-2004 | 01:07 PM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by LouiefromStLou
He's sittin' on the dock of the bay It looks like there are 3 WW ships leaving Oxford next week headed for Charleston. I hope Sunnie catches one of them

Lois
hey lois - where do you get the boat info? the traveling wilbury is supposed to be done by week's end!

thanks - drew

Old 08-31-2004 | 01:20 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
If you go to the Wallenius Wilhelmsen site www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/index.jsp you can track which ship your MINI is booked on or waiting to load on. You track it by going into tracking info-auto-& then the last 7 digits of your VIN #. You can also bring up the schedules of the various ships & ports of destination. I imagine yours will be coming into the NJ Port. I was told Sunnie will come through Charleston. She's a Southern Belle after all Hope this help, Drew.

Lois

Old 08-31-2004 | 02:10 PM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
If you go to the Wallenius Wilhelmsen site www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/index.jsp you can track which ship your MINI is booked on or waiting to load on. You track it by going into tracking info-auto-& then the last 7 digits of your VIN #. You can also bring up the schedules of the various ships & ports of destination. I imagine yours will be coming into the NJ Port. I was told Sunnie will come through Charleston. She's a Southern Belle after all Hope this help, Drew.

Lois
thanks lois! although i only see new york as a port...not nj - even though i know that's where they go...hmm....

Old 08-31-2004 | 02:15 PM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
the traveling wilbury has entered the body shop.

Old 08-31-2004 | 02:19 PM
Khodabear
3rd Gear
Adding to the Knowledge Base

I spoke with ASK MINI today...to find out the cut-off for changes in my order

In order to answer that she had to tell me that my production number 7507XXX
is scheduled to be completed October 8th. :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Just in case this helps anybody else!

Peter....who just drew a big circle on the calendar...in Denver

Old 08-31-2004 | 02:23 PM
merikk
2nd Gear
OK, I am smiling again, because my mini went into production at 9:13 am this morning . All I can say is ABOUT TIME, MAN

The guy I talked to, Jay, said the scheduled finish date is September 10th, which seems a bit odd to me . I thought it only takes 5 days?? Any info, anyone??

So I guess, either way, I am not lagging to far behind. Phew. Thank you, oh god of the minis!!

Noa

Old 08-31-2004 | 02:27 PM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by merikk
OK, I am smiling again, because my mini went into production at 9:13 am this morning . All I can say is ABOUT TIME, MAN

The guy I talked to, Jay, said the scheduled finish date is September 10th, which seems a bit odd to me . I thought it only takes 5 days?? Any info, anyone??

So I guess, either way, I am not lagging to far behind. Phew. Thank you, oh god of the minis!!

Noa
congrats noa! now we're all getting somewhere! as for your date - it's off - it should be a week only... and from my experience thus far its pretty spot on. my car entered the body shop today and looks to be done on friday!

got a name yet? - drew

Old 08-31-2004 | 02:31 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Originally Posted by newyorkcitymini
the traveling wilbury has entered the body shop.
Drew,
How are you finding that out? When I called yesterday, I got a gal who wasn't very helpful. She only said it's in production. Hmmm, I know that

Lois

Old 08-31-2004 | 02:33 PM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
Drew,
How are you finding that out? When I called yesterday, I got a gal who wasn't very helpful. She only said it's in production. Hmmm, I know that

Lois
all you have to do is ask where in the process it is lois... production starting means it's taking its journey through the nuts and bolts part of the process...not much fun...but then it hits the body shop, paint shop and quality check and voila! mini!

home stretch! - drew

Old 08-31-2004 | 02:41 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Well my MINI is at 150. Which means it's almost in the body shop She said my status should be updated in the next 24 hours & then I'll get a better idea of what stage Sunnie is. This is crazy & I've done it once already I'm worse this time than before merikk, my MINI went into production at 9:16 am last Thursday-so it looks like it takes longer than 5 days. Gosh we even know what time our MINIs started the "birthing process"

Lois

Old 08-31-2004 | 02:50 PM
LMC54
1st Gear
Week 38

Liquid Yellow/Black MCSC Week 38
Americus, GA
Larry

Old 08-31-2004 | 02:55 PM
merikk
2nd Gear
Drew- hmmmm, I've never names any of my cars before (cough, cough, I've only really owned one car, cough) but I guess I should think of something.

Hmmmmmm

Maybe Frangelica, after my favorite pub in Haifa, Israel??

Dunno. Will have to sleep on it.
N.

Old 08-31-2004 | 02:59 PM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
Drew- hmmmm, I've never names any of my cars before (cough, cough, I've only really owned one car, cough) but I guess I should think of something.

Hmmmmmm

Maybe Frangelica, after my favorite pub in Haifa, Israel??

Dunno. Will have to sleep on it.
N.
glad i'm not the only one then! i have never named a car either...so i figured its bad mini karma not to... thus (drumroll) the traveling wilbury!

sweet dreams - drew

Old 08-31-2004 | 03:50 PM
yasodic
3rd Gear
Im so happy your minis are in production finally!! Of course all the peer pressure made it impossible for me to keep my hands off my phone, You are definitley right about it taking longer, mine hasn't hit the body shop yet, still somewhere on the assembly line, when are they going to get a webcam up in the factory? WHen!!? when!! hehee. I had never named a car either, but it seems appropriate for the mini.

mike

ps. hey drew i see you have the ipod input on your signature, is this going to be a dealer add on? my dealer said he couldnt order it yet for the mini?!! I want one really bad.

Old 08-31-2004 | 04:14 PM
CGSHawkflyer
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by yasodic
Im so happy your minis are in production finally!! Of course all the peer pressure made it impossible for me to keep my hands off my phone, You are definitley right about it taking longer, mine hasn't hit the body shop yet, still somewhere on the assembly line, when are they going to get a webcam up in the factory? WHen!!? when!! hehee. I had never named a car either, but it seems appropriate for the mini.

mike

ps. hey drew i see you have the ipod input on your signature, is this going to be a dealer add on? my dealer said he couldnt order it yet for the mini?!! I want one really bad.
Is it true that one of the MINI upgrades scheduled for 2006 model year is free Prozac with every order? Maybe just a rumor ...

Old 08-31-2004 | 04:21 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
i called the people again today. I hear something different every time. I dont think that they know what they are talking about, some of them. They told me today my car will Start production september 20th. Last time it was the 13th!! I have no clue, they have no clue... I will have to get a call from my M A to ever be sure that it has actually arrived i suppose.

im going to the gym. maybe the workout will help me feel better about it.

Old 08-31-2004 | 04:31 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Patrick,

I'll share my Prozac with you. Came special delivery from MINIUSA. Perhaps that's the "special gift" you get after you've called them 1,000,000 times

Lois

Old 08-31-2004 | 05:01 PM
merikk
2nd Gear
Patrick- mine was "supposed" to be completed Sep 1 or Sep 2. Ah well. Its annoying though, to get different answers each time. And even more annoying when people who ordered 2-3 weeks after you start production before you (no offense to anyone!!!). Either way, whats important is that we all end up happy and with the car that we went, whether one week before or one week after EDD.

Lois- ummm, I think I need some of the prozac

Patrick,

I'll share my Prozac with you. Came special delivery from MINIUSA. Perhaps that's the "special gift" you get after you've called them 1,000,000 times

Lois
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-31-2004 | 08:27 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
I dont have an EDD of any sort!

Classes started today, and I already have lots of reading. And this is after only 1 class!!! I will have even more tomorrow night! So before I know it, Claire will be waiting for ME to come pick her up.

I think my friends at the office are getting sick of hearing about it. the one guy is a BMW nut, and can sympathize to some extent. he knows his cars, and he knows what Im going through!

wow what a great problem this is to have. and what fun people to share it with! Btw, i wouldnt object to popping a few of those pills, Lois!

Old 08-31-2004 | 08:34 PM
CGSHawkflyer
2nd Gear
Patrick- mine was "supposed" to be completed Sep 1 or Sep 2. Ah well. Its annoying though, to get different answers each time. And even more annoying when people who ordered 2-3 weeks after you start production before you (no offense to anyone!!!). Either way, whats important is that we all end up happy and with the car that we went, whether one week before or one week after EDD.

Lois- ummm, I think I need some of the prozac

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wonder if the amount of the deposit check has anything to do with order scheduling....

When I placed the order the MA said it would be about 4 weeks to get a production date. After two weeks I had an allocation number. Two weeks later I got the tip that the car was scheduled for week 37. One week later I was told it would start in the first week of September. Last week I was told it would be finished on 9/9/04. I have talked to MINI USA twice since then and they still say September 9. That's their story and they are sticking with it so far.

All seems fairly orderly to me up till now. After all it is not a simple thing to build a car. You got to mine the iron ore, ship it from Russia to the UK, talk to japan about all the electronic stuff, get with the United Arab Emerites to get some oil to make tires from, move coal from the northern UK to heat the iron.... And god save you if you order any chrome! That comes from some hole in the ground in Africa.

Now than I think about it, things seem to be moving fairly fast.

Old 08-31-2004 | 08:55 PM
yasodic
3rd Gear
hmmmm sweet sweet prozac hey i was just wondering how everyone came across these forums? just searching? a friend? a dream after a late night burrito? my good friend who has a 02 mini sent me this way, how bout you guys?

and if i would have known about the whole africa thing i would have passed on chrome...DOH!! I dont want my mini on safari i want it here!!!

Old 08-31-2004 | 09:08 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Me, I've been here for a while-so long now I forget or either the Prozac is working. Actually, I found out about it from a friend who has a 02 MINI also. But he's getting rid of it for a MCSC

I like chrome too but only did the interior on the Cabrio. Decided to cool it down a little. My 03 MINI has lots of chrome. Some of which I've added on. I'm sure they will come out with aftermarket chrome for the Cabrio. I only liked certain parts. The chrome on the roll bars is just 2 cap like pieces of chromed plastic.

Lois

Old 09-01-2004 | 06:27 AM
one1bmwnut
1st Gear
ASKMINI has just informed me....... production week of September 13-17.

Not sure if I'm relieved or what.....just tired of waiting - I'm so impatient.

Of course, what that does tell me is exactly how long I have to get rid of my current ride......

Ah, yes, the 2003 Honda S2000 has been sweet, but I do need those four seats without sacrificing the soft top....

Thank you MINI Cooper S convertible! :smile:

So, I'll pencil in mid October for my Cooper to arrive in OK City.....

Quick Reply: R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!