R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2004 | 12:32 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Originally Posted by AppleCello
Lois, are you getting this information from the website or a Rep from Ask MINI?

Patrick
I spoke with a rep. The automated response still says my MINI is in production with a completion of Sept 6.

Lois

Old 09-03-2004 | 01:40 PM
yasodic
3rd Gear
whooo hooo, i hit the paint shop today!! I'll watch for any little bits of green from sunnie on megatonamini, since they are being painted together they say it should be done by monday also!! so maybe we will catch the same boat as well!! anyone know about how much the install cost is on the driving lamps, i think i "need" them now that ive had so much time to think about it .

edit: hmmm i tried the last 7 of my vin, no trackin info yet, oh well.

Old 09-03-2004 | 06:02 PM
MountainGal
2nd Gear
From: The Appalachian Mountains in Northwest North Carolina (about 12 miles west of Boone, NC)
Originally Posted by yasodic

edit: hmmm i tried the last 7 of my vin, no trackin info yet, oh well.
Your VIN won't usually show up on the Carrier's web site til a few days after you've completed production. Patience...

Old 09-03-2004 | 08:44 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Went to our local dealer Brecht MINI this afternoon and snapped some pictures for all of you (especially Lois:smile: ) The car drives like a dream - it's totally awesome!!!! Here is the link:

http://forums1.roadfly.org/mini/foru...5628723-1.html

Chow!

Donna :smile:

Old 09-03-2004 | 08:48 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Oh, thanks for the linky, Donna! WOW! That Purple Haze is PURPLE! I love it!! Actually, I like all of the pics you linked to....even the Orange! I saw the Orange at the Dragon, and though I wouldn't order it, I thought it was very MINI!

:smile: Cannot wait to see your new Cabrio! YAY!!!!!!!!

Clo/Wanda

Old 09-03-2004 | 08:54 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Oh my What a beauty I may have to go out & buy some emerald jewelry to match that BRG Thanks, Donna:smile:

Lois

Old 09-03-2004 | 10:32 PM
one1bmwnut
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Donna/Mike
Went to our local dealer Brecht MINI this afternoon and snapped some pictures for all of you (especially Lois:smile: ) The car drives like a dream - it's totally awesome!!!! Here is the link:

http://forums1.roadfly.org/mini/foru...5628723-1.html

Chow!

Donna :smile:
Donna,

Thanks for the pics/links/report.:smile:

In your pics, is the Hyper Blue the S with the black stripes?

Did you get to see the actual Cool Blue?

If so, what were your impressions of the Cool Blue VS the Hyper Blue?

I've ordered the Cool Blue but in the back of my mind I keep wondering if the Hyper Blue is maybe my preference, but without seeing them in person, it's difficult to know. I have seen the Purple Haze in person but not the blues.

Thanks for any imput.:smile:

Old 09-03-2004 | 11:33 PM
one1bmwnut
1st Gear
MINIUSA web site: Convertible configurator is working

Don't know how long it's been in operation, but I just noticed it........

And I need something to pass the time.....

The Convertible configurator is up and running on MINIUSA........

Old 09-04-2004 | 07:32 AM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Originally Posted by one1bmwnut
Donna,

Thanks for the pics/links/report.:smile:

In your pics, is the Hyper Blue the S with the black stripes?

Did you get to see the actual Cool Blue?

If so, what were your impressions of the Cool Blue VS the Hyper Blue?

I've ordered the Cool Blue but in the back of my mind I keep wondering if the Hyper Blue is maybe my preference, but without seeing them in person, it's difficult to know. I have seen the Purple Haze in person but not the blues.

Thanks for any imput.:smile:
Hiya,

Yes - the Hyper Blue is the S with the black stripes. Very nice color. If that were available in the S now, I would have ordered that, as it is very close to Indi Blue with a hint of almost a cobolt blue.:smile:

I didn't get to see the Cool Blue in person as it had already gone home to it's new owner. But from the color swatch in the showroom, we all made a good choice. If you've ever seen the Suzuka Blue S2000 (I sold mine when we moved out here), it's VERY VERY close to that. I don't think I'll be disappointed in the color.

The Dark Blue Leather picture (with the orange stitching) wasn't exactly as blue as I had hoped, but I really wanted blue carpet and mats and that was the only way to get it.

None of us will be disappointed with the Cabrio. We drove it with the top up, down, sunroof portion open and closed - wow what a cool thing THAT is!! With the roof completed closed and windows closed, it's VERY quiet inside. Very impressive. With the sunroof portion open, if you crack either the front or rear windows just a tad, virtually no wind coming straight down in your face and very quiet as compared to ours now with the sunroof open.

I drove it and also sat in the backseat while the MA drove it off the lot. A little less room than the hard top, but I'm short so it was comfortable for me.

I asked about the wind deflector. The installing holes are pre-drilled from the factory. I'm not sure if you would really need one as it wasn't too bad without one. What I want to do is BORROW one and drive on the freeway and see what the difference is.:smile:

The backseats have a lock on them. This is a safety feature on all Cabrios so that when you decide to put the seats back up after having them down, that you don't break the glass rear window when putting the top back up. Very cool..

Now I REALLY AM GETTING EXCITED...

I hope this helps..

Chow!

Donna

Old 09-04-2004 | 07:42 AM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
hey apple - could be time for an update to your grid... ; )

my car has left the factory and is awaiting shipment!

Old 09-04-2004 | 07:59 AM
Khodabear
3rd Gear
Hiya,

I didn't get to see the Cool Blue in person as it had already gone home to it's new owner. But from the color swatch in the showroom, we all made a good choice. If you've ever seen the Suzuka Blue S2000 (I sold mine when we moved out here), it's VERY VERY close to that. I don't think I'll be disappointed in the color.

I hope this helps..

Chow!

Donna
Interestingly enough...when we took the CB MCSC out for our hour this past week, there was a blue S2000 in the parking area at the dealership. I pulled the MINI next to it and took pics as a friend wants the S2000...here are a few...Notice that there is a HB MCS next to the MCSC in the third photo...I wasn't trying to get it in but it's there. Cool Blue is almost a pearlescent color in the sunlight...and has a mist of light purple to it. It's not Periwinkle or at least not as compared to a Passat...it's just gorgeous!!

Peter...deep into Blue...in Denver

Last edited by Khodabear; 09-04-2004 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Content
Old 09-04-2004 | 10:17 AM
MediocreFred
1st Gear
Originally Posted by newyorkcitymini
hey apple - could be time for an update to your grid... ; )
In the spirit of updating, my MC reached the port/dock at Southampton yesterday (Friday) morning at 6am.

Don't know what ship it is/will be on yet. It will be going to Classic MINI in Ohio before getting trucked to Portland. Thought I read in one of these threads that there's a ship leaving Southampton for Charleston, SC on the 5th (Sunday - tomorrow). Can't find that post now... oh well...

-MediocreFred.

Old 09-04-2004 | 11:53 AM
MountainGal
2nd Gear
From: The Appalachian Mountains in Northwest North Carolina (about 12 miles west of Boone, NC)
In the Spirit of Updating...

Frieda is at the Charleston port, due into the VDC tomorrow. MA says that I should have her by Sep 17th!!! Hip, hip, hoorah!! - -

Old 09-04-2004 | 04:47 PM
one1bmwnut
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Khodabear
Interestingly enough...when we took the CB MCSC out for our hour this past week, there was a blue S2000 in the parking area at the dealership. I pulled the MINI next to it and took pics as a friend wants the S2000...here are a few...Notice that there is a HB MCS next to the MCSC in the third photo...I wasn't trying to get it in but it's there. Cool Blue is almost a pearlescent color in the sunlight...and has a mist of light purple to it. It's not Periwinkle or at least not as compared to a Passat...it's just gorgeous!!

Peter...deep into Blue...in Denver
Thanks Peter - that helps a lot. :smile:

I actually have a Suzuka Blue S2000 and was hoping the Cool Blue was a deeper blue but it seems the Hyper Blue is closer to my liking....

Of course, I am reassured by your description of the Cool Blue as gorgeous.....that does make me feel a bit better. Maybe I'm just too use to the color of the S2000.....

However, not sure if I want to wait till 1/05 for the Hyper Blue....

Old 09-04-2004 | 04:57 PM
one1bmwnut
1st Gear
[QUOTE=Donna/Mike]Hiya,
I hope this helps..
Chow!
Donna

Yes, Donna, it helps a lot. I actually have a Suzuka Blue S2000 now. As mentioned to Peter, I was hoping the Cool Blue would be a bit deeper in color than the S2000 Suzuka Blue, but I don't want to wait till 2005 for the Hyper Blue. Thanks again.:smile:

Old 09-04-2004 | 05:43 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Took a MCSC out for a demo ride today at MINI of St. Louis. My only top down experience is in the Miata. Oh my gosh-the MINI is so different. It is wide open. The windshield doesn't slope back & your legs will definitely get tan. With the top up you still have plenty of room. I did not feel confined at all. The Cabrio we rode in was cool blue spec'd similar to quite a few of you. Very pretty & I thought it did resemble periwinkle blue-slightly blue/slightly purplish. The blue drop top added to the total blueness of the car. Not for me, but that's what is so neat about MINIs is all the choices. They had a BRG also but someone else had it out for a drive. Now I am really getting anxious.

Lois

Old 09-04-2004 | 07:38 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
Since none of my friends wanted to go out tonight after PSU's big victory over Akron, I decided to stay in and track my MINI and read the forums, while drinking some good stuff. I must say, it makes the forums even MORE enjoyable. Just a drink or 5 and im much less worried about how much longer until my mini gets here.

Old 09-04-2004 | 07:47 PM
Khodabear
3rd Gear
[QUOTE=one1bmwnut]
Hiya,
I hope this helps..
Chow!
Donna

Yes, Donna, it helps a lot. I actually have a Suzuka Blue S2000 now. As mentioned to Peter, I was hoping the Cool Blue would be a bit deeper in color than the S2000 Suzuka Blue, but I don't want to wait till 2005 for the Hyper Blue. Thanks again.:smile:
The Cool Blue is a diifferent shade but I'd say the same degree of depth as the S2000. The Honda is more of a pure metallic blue while the Cool Blue has other tones to it.
I'm confused though...you should be able to order Hyper Blue now...they're being delivered as the MCS in the photo demonstrates.

Peter...Tangled up in Blue...in Denver

Old 09-04-2004 | 07:51 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
Have a drink, Bombay Blue Sapphire, I believe its called?? it will make things much more... mellow. :smile:

Old 09-04-2004 | 07:52 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Originally Posted by AppleCello
Since none of my friends wanted to go out tonight after PSU's big victory over Akron, I decided to stay in and track my MINI and read the forums, while drinking some good stuff. I must say, it makes the forums even MORE enjoyable. Just a drink or 5 and im much less worried about how much longer until my mini gets here.
And what kind of good stuff are we drinking?

Lois

Old 09-04-2004 | 08:21 PM
MPLStag
1st Gear
This is my first post here, but since my MINI (still to be named) finished production today I thought today would be a good day to start.

I'm now awaiting transport and she/he is scheduled to be on the Patriot leaving Southampton on the 12th. So excited!

Old 09-04-2004 | 08:35 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
MPLStag,
Nice color choice My MINI is scheduled to be finished on Monday. How did you find out what ship it is scheduled to be on so soon? When I put my VIN in the WW site nothing comes up. Did you just find out today?
Thanks,
Lois

Old 09-04-2004 | 08:37 PM
one1bmwnut
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Khodabear
The Cool Blue is a diifferent shade but I'd say the same degree of depth as the S2000. The Honda is more of a pure metallic blue while the Cool Blue has other tones to it.
I'm confused though...you should be able to order Hyper Blue now...they're being delivered as the MCS in the photo demonstrates.

Peter...Tangled up in Blue...in Denver
Yea, that's what I'm thinking too. All that I've ever been told, and all the literature I have, states that the Hyper Blue is not available till 1/05.

However, I'm still leaning toward the Cool Blue...... plus the wife just vetoed the Hyper Blue......you know what they say, "if momma isn't happy, nobody is happy." She likes the Cool Blue a lot....

Come to think of it, I do too.........

Old 09-04-2004 | 08:44 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
There was a hyper blue MCS (not a Cabrio) at the dealer today. Quite striking:smile: I built a hyper blue MCSC with white bonnet stripes, white mirrors, & white wheels. Sure looked nice:smile:

Lois

Old 09-05-2004 | 07:04 AM
MPLStag
1st Gear
Lois

I looked it up yeasterday (Saturday) for the first time. I was suprised it was already listed.

...Just went back to check and now it says it is on the Liberty and that it leaves port today!!! I really hope that is true. Talk about a quick turnaround time! Man, am I getting excited.

Quick Reply: R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!