R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004 | 06:30 AM
one1bmwnut
1st Gear
Originally Posted by LouiefromStLou
Cool Blue-You're talking about the one doing the little jig & you only see it's back end-right?

Lois
Yep, that's the one..... and then the fellow is jumpin' in a few seconds later....

Cool Blue..... that's what I was hoping.....

For some reason, when I "build my own" MINI Cooper on the configurator, the Cool Blue appears to be more of a grey tint....just doesn't look as 'cool blue' as it does on the MINIUSA intro....

Thanks.

Old 09-07-2004 | 07:15 AM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
I made a mistake-the Patriot is leaving Southampton on Sunday 9/12 not Saturday 9/11-and it looks like only southern bound MINIs are on board-the ship doesn't go to NYC Hopefully, there will be no hurricanes lurking around

Lois

Old 09-07-2004 | 08:18 AM
McCasper
1st Gear
Originally Posted by AppleCello
Im still in production. Im guessing that it will be completed sometime towards the end of this week. 10 days in production will put it at saturday. Maybe I will hope a ride on WW next week!

Patrick
Looks like we're going down that production line together. My MCSC started production on the 2nd as well and they gave me a date of completion no later than Sept 13th.

This waiting really is tough!

Old 09-07-2004 | 08:43 AM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
torture!

the greenbean is shown as loaded onto the boat...15 minutes ago!

i'm gonna need double therapy by the time this thing gets here..!

Old 09-07-2004 | 09:10 AM
GeorgefromAmherst
1st Gear
Owner's Lounge not Useful

As all of you probably know - but I'm just learning - info on the Owner's Lounge is pretty useless for tracking. According to the web site, my MINI is scheduled for production. According to ASK-MINI, it is in the paint shop. According to the Wallenius Wilhelmsen site, it is in Southampton waiting to be loaded on the Madame Butterfly. I guess that MINI doesn't understand what it is like being an expectant parent.

---------------------
"Fiona" MCSC P/S/C, HB, blue top, blue leather

Old 09-07-2004 | 10:29 AM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
greenbean has put to sea

voyage#EA435-MBU has sailed... anyone else on it besides me? is there any way to get any tracking to its progress or are we just in radio silence until next week when it docks?

- d

Old 09-07-2004 | 03:26 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Originally Posted by newyorkcitymini
voyage#EA435-MBU has sailed... anyone else on it besides me? is there any way to get any tracking to its progress or are we just in radio silence until next week when it docks?

- d
No, Sunnie is booked for the Patriot. I know there is a way to track the ship if you get it's call letters & then go to the Coast Guard tracking site but I don't remember exactly how to do it. I'll have to do a little research.

Lois

Old 09-07-2004 | 03:36 PM
CGSHawkflyer
2nd Gear
Well I had occasion to visit my MA today, and she looked my MINI up on the computer. It seems I am now IN THE PAINT SHOP!! Interestingly, I am shceduled for "assembly" tomorrow. The car will be done tomorrow night. So my MINI and I will actually share a birthday.

By the way, the computer listings available to the MAs is very detailed. More than just build days in general terms. They can actually tell when the car enters the various parts of the build process and exits them. Right down to the minute and second. Man there are a lot of steps in the process too.

Anyway, it looks like I will be moving to the dock late this week.

But like Lois I got bored waiting, so on sunday I picked up a 1949 MGTC. At least for me, before my love of MINIs there was the TC. For those of you who might not know what an MGTC is, well ... It's a British thing if I have to explain it, you just wouldn't understand.

Drive Safe
Phil

Old 09-07-2004 | 03:48 PM
Teampajn
4th Gear
HIP-HIP HORRAY!!! HIP-HIP HORRAY!!! HIP-HIP HORRAY!!!

My MINI started production Sept 2nd at 4:50 a.m. They said it will be done sept 13th. I can't wait!!!

Old 09-07-2004 | 04:08 PM
MPLStag
1st Gear
So after WW saying my MINI was leaving Southampton on the Liberty last weekend, the last two days have had results of me entering the VIN and getting "unable to provide information" message. They bring you to this state of total excitement and then pull all info from you. If it is on the Liberty my MINI is out in the Atlantic somewhere.

Old 09-07-2004 | 04:17 PM
SirenKimmie
1st Gear
stripes

Originally Posted by iamwiz82
I say wait on the stripes. They are easy to install as long as you have some patience, and they are a heck of alot cheaper .

I am going to be ordering in the next day or so my MCS. I'm trading in my 04 MC for more powah!
I ordered my stripes from online from graphic express (www.graphic-express.com). They cost me 47.50 (including shipping and handling) for plain white curved stripes. And because I am totally impatient and wanted them done right I took them to my local decal place who originally quoted me "no more than 75.00" to install them and they only charged me 25.00. I think the dealer wanted like 100.00 for the stripes plus labor! It cost me 72.50 total to have it done locally. Course I don't know if they cut the labor cuz i was wearing a short skirt (not on purpose either! lol) But I would call your local decal/custom car places and find out what it would cost approximately and figure that and the cost of the stripes versus what the dealer would charge.

I'm currently trying to figure out waht to do with some rally lights that i ordered (ff200 hellas) which I was told would work on my mini with no drilling... UM NO... it appears I'm going to need some sort of bracket or something... so i'm off to continue researching that

xoxo Kimmie

Old 09-07-2004 | 04:43 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
They told me that my car should be completed by the 14th. Is that usually accurate, coming from a live rep? I cant wait... Now I can start looking at ships. Maybe not the first one after that date, but the second?

Patrick

Old 09-07-2004 | 04:45 PM
yasodic
3rd Gear
congrats everyone!! I cant believe it but im on the patriot with you Lois!!WHoooo hoooo my mini was originally scheduled for week 39 and it is done and ready to ship already!!

Has anyone else checked is it really like 6-700 with labor for the mini lights? thats nuts!! I guess i will be going with aftermarket if that is the case.

does anyone know how long the trip is from the drop off? do you remember Lois how long it took on truck for your first baby? to get to ST. Lois.

its getting really exciting around here!

Old 09-07-2004 | 05:15 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Originally Posted by yasodic
congrats everyone!! I cant believe it but im on the patriot with you Lois!!WHoooo hoooo my mini was originally scheduled for week 39 and it is done and ready to ship already!!

Has anyone else checked is it really like 6-700 with labor for the mini lights? thats nuts!! I guess i will be going with aftermarket if that is the case.

does anyone know how long the trip is from the drop off? do you remember Lois how long it took on truck for your first baby? to get to ST. Lois.

its getting really exciting around here!
I so love you've made me a Saint From the time Louie got off the boat,thru the VDC & to the dealer in St Lois was exactly 1 week He made it here in record time.

So Sunnie is a girl-will she have a new boyfriend after the trip or a gal-pal

Lois

Old 09-07-2004 | 05:21 PM
myk
2nd Gear
::stomping feet::

I WANT MY CAR NOW!

Old 09-07-2004 | 05:23 PM
iamwiz82
5th Gear
Weird, the WW wite showed my car having shipped on Sat., but now the VIN is not recognized.

Old 09-07-2004 | 05:56 PM
yasodic
3rd Gear
megatonamini is a boy maybe we can get an extra mini out of this if they really hit it off!! whooo hoooo!

Old 09-07-2004 | 05:59 PM
Ozbone
3rd Gear
This waiting truly sucks!
Just when things START to happen, it gets impossible to learn any details. I've been stuck at "Scheduled for Production with no firm date" since Aug. 31 - that's a full week! - and they're still saying completed by the 11-th. Not only is the 'ol' not being updated, but neither are the automated or real people at ASK-MINI. Things MUST be happening but I can't find out

Old 09-07-2004 | 06:24 PM
MPLStag
1st Gear
iamwiz82-

I have the same problem. Hopefully it is just a technical glitch and our MINIs are enjoying the cruise buffets as we speak. did it say you were on the Liberty before it stopped recognizing your VIN?

Just checked and the Liberty is at N 50d30' W 21d00', which is a good 500 or so miles off the coast of GB.

Old 09-07-2004 | 06:54 PM
donhelix
1st Gear
Cr/w Mcs

I'm awaiting transport :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: !

Old 09-07-2004 | 07:01 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
Ozbone, we are production buddies. Im in the same status. THey are quoting me with the 14th as a completion date.

Does anyone know what the regulation is on how much gas the MINI's are allowed to have in their tanks during shipping?? There is obviously some, but I cant imagine that they would permit more than a quarter tank for safety reasons. Thats like traveling on an empty stomach! Argh!

I will get the chart updated soon (I Promise!).

Patrick

Old 09-07-2004 | 07:07 PM
iamwiz82
5th Gear
Originally Posted by MPLStag
iamwiz82-

I have the same problem. Hopefully it is just a technical glitch and our MINIs are enjoying the cruise buffets as we speak. did it say you were on the Liberty before it stopped recognizing your VIN?

Just checked and the Liberty is at N 50d30' W 21d00', which is a good 500 or so miles off the coast of GB.
I cannot remember. Did that leave on 9/5? That was the date mine had departed.

Old 09-07-2004 | 08:07 PM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by MPLStag
iamwiz82-

how do you check the location of a specific boat? i am on the madame butterfly (just sailed today) and would love to track it!

thanks - drew

Old 09-07-2004 | 08:39 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Drew,
Go to http://cgmix.uscg.mil/PSIX/PSIX2/VesselSearch.asp & look up your vessels call # then go to www.oceanweather.com click on an area of the ocean where you think the ship is then click on marine observations. You'll see all the call#'s. They are difficult to read because some are superimposed on others. I do believe the Madame Butterfly's call # is 9VHF. Good Luck

Lois

Old 09-07-2004 | 08:42 PM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
you're the best lois!

thank you!

Quick Reply: R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!