R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004 | 07:45 PM
ricky
2nd Gear
MyEB/W MCS PD#7487*** started build MINIUSA declared Fri Sept 3. Built by Sept 13th. I dont want to ever do this waiting thing again. Next time I'll have one to play with while I wait!

Old 09-08-2004 | 07:57 PM
one1bmwnut
1st Gear
Checked in with the local MINI dealer today.....

They have a COOL BLUE MINI Cooper S convertible on the showroom...

Finally got to see the color I ordered in the flesh....

I LOVE IT!!!

Old 09-09-2004 | 05:52 AM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
There appears to be 157 MINIs waiting for the Patriot At least they won't get lonely

Lois

Old 09-09-2004 | 05:56 AM
AppleCello
4th Gear
where do you get that info from, Lois?!

Old 09-09-2004 | 09:15 AM
copysquirl
1st Gear
who's on the patriot who's on the madame?

Originally Posted by AppleCello
you can look that up with the vin on wallenius' website- there's a forum for that.. tracking....

anybody on my boat with my baby? We're two days at sea!!

Old 09-09-2004 | 09:19 AM
copysquirl
1st Gear
luxury accomodations

Originally Posted by newyorkcitymini
you're too cool lois - thanks!

this is really weird though - it seems i am on this boat...alone!
think of it as first class!

Old 09-09-2004 | 09:32 AM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by copysquirl
think of it as first class!
LOL - are you on the madame butterfly as well? have you been able to track it?

cheers - drew

Old 09-09-2004 | 10:49 AM
merikk
2nd Gear
Hey everyone,

Things have been pretty crazy with me lately- my sister is visiting me from back home, school began, and work has been unbelievably hectic because of the hurricane in Florida (our Boca Raton office was closed for 3 working days). Because of that, I have not had time to check up on my mini until yesterday . I am happy to report it entered the paint shop yesterday, and scheduled to complete on the 10th (exactly 10 days since starting). I wonder if I will be able to make the Sunday boat??

Hope everyone is having a great day!!

Noa

Old 09-09-2004 | 11:16 AM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Patrick,
You need to get the Booking# from the WW site & then it will bring up all the MINIs that are scheduled to get on that particular boat. If your MINI's VIN is not booked for that vessel, I don't think you can access that info.

Lois

Old 09-09-2004 | 12:15 PM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
Originally Posted by LouiefromStLou
Patrick,
You need to get the Booking# from the WW site & then it will bring up all the MINIs that are scheduled to get on that particular boat. If your MINI's VIN is not booked for that vessel, I don't think you can access that info.

Lois
i tired it for the madame butterfly and found my car there...so i am double checked...so to speak. so odd though that out of everyone here i am "alone"... i guess the other 3998 peeps on that boat dont know about this site for ocd's like all of us ; )

- drew

Old 09-09-2004 | 02:20 PM
GLJones
3rd Gear
The Liberty holding 150 and my Mini is 2/3 way across the Atlantic. It hasn't started south yet but it will dock on the 14th in Charleston. Anyone know of any webcams that can see the port of Charleston? Be fun to watch for it entering the port.

Jerry

Old 09-09-2004 | 03:19 PM
Ozbone
3rd Gear
Jerry,
I used to live in Charleston; they have lots of traffic cameras but I haven't found any that give a decent view of the harbor ... except maybe for the HarborCam at the WCIV-TV site (http://www.abcnews4.com/webcam.html). The foreground it shows the retired aircraft carrier, but you should be able to spot any large ship entering the port behind the carrier. Good luck!

Old 09-09-2004 | 03:50 PM
dwr1004
1st Gear
I just talked to my MA trying to get a better estimate of when my MCS will be at the dealer. He said all MINIs are now being imported through Charleston. He said the New Jersey port was overloaded so everything is being shipped south. That increases the transit time from 8 to 13 days .

My MCS has not made it into the body shop yet, but the completion date is still estimated to be 9/14. I am hoping it makes it on the Carmen leaving on the 17th.

Dale

Old 09-09-2004 | 05:25 PM
GLJones
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Ozbone
Jerry,
I used to live in Charleston; they have lots of traffic cameras but I haven't found any that give a decent view of the harbor ... except maybe for the HarborCam at the WCIV-TV site (http://www.abcnews4.com/webcam.html). The foreground it shows the retired aircraft carrier, but you should be able to spot any large ship entering the port behind the carrier. Good luck!
Thanks...I will check it out when it's light outside.

I hope Hurricane Ivan doesn't disrupt the Mini shipments. It will be hitting my area around Tuesday, the same day the ship unloads in Charleston. Hopefully it will steer clear of SC. Hate for my car to get all the way to the US and get wiped out by a crazy hurricane.

Jerry

Old 09-09-2004 | 05:46 PM
merikk
2nd Gear
Whaaaaaaaaaa????? They're not going straight to Jersey ???

Nooooooo.............

Old 09-09-2004 | 09:09 PM
CGSHawkflyer
2nd Gear
Apple, Thanks for updating the list. I just checked the OL site and I am now listed as "WAITING FOR SHIPMENT". So I will be checking all the tracking stuff out and I'll get back to you.

Drive Safe
Phil

PS - Just checked WW. I am scheduled for the TRINIDAD sailing 9/16/04 to arrive in NYC on 9/24/04. Seems strange that the next port of call is Baltimore which is a lot closer than NYC, but I gues thats just the way they do things.

Apple, tracking is simple. Go to the WW website http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/index.jsp, then click on "Cargo Tracking" in the lower left. When the window comes up, under "Track by Cargo", pick "AUTO". You key in the entire VIN number, and if you are scheduled for a ship, all the info will come up. I suggest you copy down or print all the info they provide because you never know what you will need later on in the process.

I have not done the next step of getting the radio call sign for my ship yet because it has not sailed so there isnt one yet. But after it sails you get the call sign and then track the ship theough the USGS ocean weather reporting system. If your ship puts out any weather reports the position will be posted to the map.

Seems so simple. I still have a vision of IVAN and trinidad meeting just of the NY coast line.

Drive safe
Phil

Last edited by CGSHawkflyer; 09-09-2004 at 09:29 PM. Reason: update info
Old 09-09-2004 | 09:47 PM
CGSHawkflyer
2nd Gear
Tracking stuff

Thought this might help a few of you out -

Useful Links for Tracking

MINI2 has a ton of useful info
http://www.mini2.com/

Once you have a build date:
Wallenius Wihelmsen Carriers to get the vessel name
http://213.31.205.37/GLWebApps.AppTracking

Vessel Schedule and Ports:
http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/Tool...ules/index.jsp

Coast Guard to get vessel "Call Sign" for tracking
http://cgmix.uscg.mil/psix/PSIX2/VesselSearch.asp

Southampton local web site for ship departure time
http://www.thisishampshire.net/hamps...pton/shipping/

Oceanweather.com. Use Marine Observation to track
http://www.oceanweather.com/data/

NY NJ Port Schedule (Vessel activity currently down)
https://www.firstnynj.com/

North East Marine Terminal
http://www.neautoterminal.com/tour.htm

From the OL on MINIUSA

Drive Safe
Phil

Old 09-09-2004 | 09:52 PM
DunWaiten
2nd Gear
DunWaiten sailed

AskMINI automated phone service tonight says I'm In Transit. WW website doesn't recognize my VIN, so maybe I'm on another carrier, though a WW ship, the "MANON" sailed yesterday from Southhampton, calling on Port Hueneme 10/2.

Some have said K-line may be carrying MINIs. While K-line doesn't seem to offer a website to link VIN to ship, they do have a website that lists sailings: http://www.kline.com/PCC-RoRo/pccsch...sp#IMUSfromEUR It looks like the "Shenandoah Highway" was to sail yesterday, calling on US east coast ports...so no good for me. Another K-line page http://www.kline.com/Svc_Maps/Svc_maps_2004_PCC.asp seems to indicate the line doesn't service the US west coast.

---StilWaiten

Old 09-10-2004 | 08:07 AM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
I've noticed this morning that some of the MINIs are now wait listed for the Patriot(little asterisk). I wonder if this means they will miss the boat if it's too full Luckily, Sunnie does not have an asterisk Also, if Ivan is still around by the 23rd, our MINIs will need water wings

Lois

Old 09-10-2004 | 08:16 AM
AppleCello
4th Gear
My mini is supposed to be completed on the 14th. Is it too much to hope for that the ships leaving Southamptom on the 16ht and 17th could carry my mini accross the ocean? Im guessing that a car might hvae to wait longer...

Patrick

Old 09-10-2004 | 08:20 AM
BoilerUp!
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by LouiefromStLou
I've noticed this morning that some of the MINIs are now wait listed for the Patriot(little asterisk). I wonder if this means they will miss the boat if it's too full Luckily, Sunnie does not have an asterisk Also, if Ivan is still around by the 23rd, our MINIs will need water wings

Lois
I was wait listed for the Freedom 8/24, but then booked on the Liberty 9/4. Strange enough, I now do not show up on the Liberty which is now in transit. My MA said I was sceduled for delivery in the US on 9/7, which makes no sense at all. Truth be told, she does not know exactly where my mini is right now. SO...we agreed that she would call me when Pete was loaded on a truck headed to Indiana. Now I'm trying not to stress!

Old 09-10-2004 | 12:38 PM
MountainGal
2nd Gear
From: The Appalachian Mountains in Northwest North Carolina (about 12 miles west of Boone, NC)
Tracking Can Be a GOOD Thing!!

Frieda is HERE!!

I checked the OL tracking page just after midnight this morning, and it still showed that Frieda was at the VDC with a September 11 EDD. However, when I rather compulsively checked the OL again today - it said that Frieda was at my dealer's and that the EDD was Sep 8!! Sure enough, when I frantically called the dealer, my MA checked (he was away for Convertible training on Tues & Wed), and Frieda did arrive there on Wed, Sep 8! She has already been prepped, etc, so I'm going to get her later TODAY!!!! How ironic that I'm the one who told my MA that she was at the dealer's! So, keep tracking!

WHOOPEE!!!! - -

Old 09-10-2004 | 12:49 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Congrats, MountainGal You'll need those sunglasses & sunscreen REAL soon

Lois

Old 09-10-2004 | 01:25 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Yayyy MountainGal - I guess I know what YOU'LL be doing this weekend... We want pics...

Chow!

Donna :smile:

Old 09-10-2004 | 02:15 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
yikes... better get my financing squared away... I may have this car in 3 weeks! :smile:

Quick Reply: R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!