R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2004 | 09:42 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
:smile: :smile: My baby hits the dealership on Tuesday! Yippee - Yayyy - Woooo Hooo....

Chow!

Donna :smile:

Old 09-13-2004 | 06:28 AM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
2 days from docking now...estimated delivery 9/22!

- d

Old 09-13-2004 | 09:05 AM
Ozbone
3rd Gear
After checking WW for booking info all weekend - with no joy - I just checked again and found that my MCS (7499xxx) is booked to leave on Friday 9/17 on the Carmen; due in NY on the 25-th. The booking detail shows nearly 100 other MINIs also booked for the same voyage.

Old 09-13-2004 | 09:52 AM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
I just checked the WW site. Apparently the info from the weekend was not correct. The Patriot has NOT left but Sunnie has been loaded on the vessel They have also changed the arrival date in Charleston from the 23rd to the 24th So it's looking more like I won't get Sunnie until October unless she manages to get out of the VDC & shipped to Memphis in record time.

Lois

Old 09-13-2004 | 10:22 AM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
I got the call - I got the call - Yippeeeeee! My baby is at the dealer - it arrived on Saturday - early.....

The shipper says they can pick it up on Thursday - now we have to see if the dealer can have everything done for us in the next two days in order for that to happen....:smile: Oh please, please....................if not, it will be next week which is STILL earlier than we anticipated. OMG! NOW I'm REALLY getting excited......

How am I supposed to get ANY work done today?? LOL!!!

Chow!

Donna :smile:

Old 09-13-2004 | 10:32 AM
merikk
2nd Gear
OMG, OMG, OMG, My mini finally showed up on the WW website!!! I am booked on the Carmen, and scheduled to arrive in NYC on the 25th !!! Since the ship only departs Southhampton on the 17th, I am astounded that the voyage is only taking 8 days , as I am sure everyone told me it would be about 14 days. Anyways, I am NOT complaining

Patrick- we will probably be on the same ship, as I am assuming your MCS is finishing production today or tomorrow!!!

Drew- me so jealous!!!!!

Lois- Yayyyyyy!!!! We're almost there

Brimming with excitement,
Noa

Old 09-13-2004 | 10:48 AM
AppleCello
4th Gear
merikk,

Im not sure yet what my status is. I have yet to check. But keep an eye out for my mini on the ship, it will most likely be wrapped in a silk smoking jacket, puffing a cigar and sipping brandy as you might expect from such a british figure.

edit: My mini is in final assembly and the dude at ask mini told me that it should be finished today and at the port today or tomorrow! time to start checking for my VIN at Wally 'N Will's!

Patrick

Old 09-13-2004 | 10:52 AM
newyorkcitymini
4th Gear
no need for jealousy merikk... ; ) but when you get yours you owe me a race!

the madame butterfly is supposed to dock in nyc this wednesday. mini of manhattan tells me they see cars anywhere from 4 to 7 days after that. then they will need a day or so for prep and to install my aero front apron, grilles, driving lights, aero spoiler and ipod input.

i'll be looking forward to giving you all one of the first reports when my car arrives to me next week!

cheers - drew

Old 09-13-2004 | 12:15 PM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
The Patriot has sailed & Sunnie is on it Bon Voyage, little MINI:smile: Anybody else know if they got on the Patriot? Happy to hear so many other MINIs are almost home:smile:

Lois

Old 09-13-2004 | 02:14 PM
ricky
2nd Gear
Our little MCS was finished today also. Been in quality control and will be put out for voyage minyanna!!!!!

Old 09-13-2004 | 07:04 PM
donhelix
1st Gear
MCS on a slow boat?

Looks like I'm on the K-Line ship Their website stinks...I guess I won't worry about tracking my Mini.

It looks like it's got to make many stops, including South America and Texas, before my car unloads. Hope I get it by Christmas...

Old 09-13-2004 | 07:29 PM
yasodic
3rd Gear
WOOOT WOOOOT WOOOT Im on the patriot, here's to calm waters and no sea sickeness. Congrats everyone else who is so close, we are going to have to have a mini meet for all of us sept/oct psychos at some point! Im expecting pics of everyones babies when they arrive!!

Hey Lois, is there a place that installs stripes and whatnot in the st louis area? near st louis MINI? If we can get out there to pick up megatonamini, i would like to pick up some stripes from cooperflags and have them installed before our roadtrip back. I can look it up just wondering if you had an idea THAnks!!

Old 09-13-2004 | 07:56 PM
CGSHawkflyer
2nd Gear
Well, I just spent some time poking around the WW website. I found a page that is all about their ships. It seems that the ships that have patriotic names are all us registry. That should give them a fighting change of actually making it across an ocean, as the US requires a lot higher standards than most other countries.

I found a complete listing of all the ships, at this link - http://www.ww-group.com/index.asp?strURL=1003151i&sid=1000163, and from there you can get fact sheets on some of the ships at - http://www.ww-group.com/index.asp?sid=1000163&strUrl=1000119c&noart=30 They even have pictures of some of the ships. I for one have been curious as to just what these ships looked like.

Anyway, Just something to do while I wait.

PS - Thanks for the list updat Patrick

Old 09-13-2004 | 08:05 PM
AppleCello
4th Gear
My car is somewhere between for now. I cant call as its too late, and none of the websites show me anything of use. I guess that Wally and Will's site will show me some info once the car has been booked with them, although Im not sure what kind of delay is involved from the booking time to that status being reflected on the site.

Another small (or large?) issue has arisen as well for me. Im not sure when or exactly how I will get to my dealer to pick up the car! between my schedule and my parents' schedules, doing a down and back trip will be tough in the coming weeks. The Penn State football schedule (they were awful on saturday ) limits when my dad can go down, as he is tied up for work on those days, and he is going away during the next few away games...

So i guess I could try and go on a friday afternoon and be home with the car by 10pm... but my dad would have to catch a flight early the next morning... Is this going to extend my wait by another MONTH?!?!

Im going to have to think about this one...

Big problems for Patrick in MINI Land!

Old 09-13-2004 | 08:41 PM
CGSHawkflyer
2nd Gear
Patrick-

One thumb up going down - Two thumbs up coming back.

Good luck
Phil

PS- Try keying in the entire VIN at WW, until I did that my car did not show up either. The bookings are done months in advance as blank shipping spots just like the build allocations. The numbers are sent to WW as soon as they are assigned to the car. Yours should be there. Once you have a VIN the allocation number is no longer usefull except to ASK MINI.

Old 09-13-2004 | 09:04 PM
TheOfficeMaven
6th Gear
donhelix,

How did you find out that you were on the K-Line ship? I see that you are in San Diego, so you could possibly be on the same boat that I am (since I'm also in So Cal). Do you know when the ship sailed (or when it is scheduled to set sail)?

According to ASK-MINI, my car completed production on 09/08 and arrived at the port of exit (i.e. Southampton) on 09/10. I've been waiting to see which boat it gets on, but ASK-MINI can't tell me at this time and the WW site doesn't acknowledge my VIN.

Thanks!

Old 09-14-2004 | 05:23 AM
indiman
2nd Gear
I'm in the same boat My MCS was completed last week but according to ASK MINI, it has been waiting at port for a while. I live in Colo so it will have to go to Port H in Calif. I wish there was a way to get more info.

Old 09-14-2004 | 05:37 AM
iamwiz82
5th Gear
Mine was on a WW ship last week, but then the VIN disappeared from the site and now I have no idea where it is. OL says it is en route, though.

Old 09-14-2004 | 05:41 AM
AppleCello
4th Gear
partial VIN, whole VIN... I get nothing. Maybe its possible that WW has decided to not let mini owners track their shipments due to the unprecedented strain that we place on their system?! My car is going to New York port eventually, and I thought that WW handled all of that, but I could be wrong.

here's to waiting,

Patrick

Old 09-14-2004 | 06:20 AM
McCasper
1st Gear
I called ASK MINI and the automated response stated that my Mini was in the paint shop with an estimated completion date of September 13th. Being that it is the 14th, something seems to be amiss with the automated response system .

Hopefully the wait will not be too much longer!

Old 09-14-2004 | 06:28 AM
coolbluemini
1st Gear
I have been on order with no confirmed production date for about a month now. Supposed to be week 39 production. When can I expect the status to change from on order. I think week 39 is next week.

Old 09-14-2004 | 06:34 AM
AppleCello
4th Gear
i just called ask mini (for the millionth time) and they said my car was done yesterday and is now in Quality Control. does every car have this step? do they single out certain ones for more testing? whats their QC process, anyone know?

I was also told that it will be 4-6 weeks until i see it, but i didnt have the heart to inform the Rep that it will more likely be 3-4!

Patrick

Old 09-14-2004 | 07:50 AM
StLouieLo
|
6th Gear
Originally Posted by iamwiz82
Mine was on a WW ship last week, but then the VIN disappeared from the site and now I have no idea where it is. OL says it is en route, though.
Maybe it's been unloaded & is on the way to your dealer:smile: Call your MA, he should have the latest update. My VIN says loaded on vessel with a Bill of Lading #. I would hope that means Sunnie is somewhere in the Atlantic by now Preferably on a ship

Lois

Old 09-14-2004 | 09:54 AM
McCasper
1st Gear
Originally Posted by McCasper
I called ASK MINI and the automated response stated that my Mini was in the paint shop with an estimated completion date of September 13th. Being that it is the 14th, something seems to be amiss with the automated response system .

Hopefully the wait will not be too much longer!
It looks like the automated system was a little behind. I just talked to ASK MINI and it appears that assembly and QA was completed on the 12th and it is awaiting transport to the docks. :smile:

Hopefully it catches the next boat and get here asap.

Old 09-14-2004 | 10:22 AM
Ozbone
3rd Gear
According to the WW site 28 more MINIs are now ready for the Friday sailing of the Carmen for NY; that's a total of 127 so far. I'd guess that there should still be plenty of time for more cars being finished over the next day or so.
I just learned that I'll have to be traveling at just about the same time my MCS should be due for delivery. Ugh! More waiting!

Quick Reply: R50/53 Can't wait for Sept/October 2004!!